What's new

India, Dassault enter final MMRCA negotiations

Paan Singh

BANNED
Reaction score
India has confirmed that final negotiations with Dassault for 126 Rafale fighters have commenced, and that the Indian air force plans to phase out its Mikoyan MiG-21 aircraft from 2014.

The defence ministry says final talks are now under way with Dassault, which in early February secured so-called "L1 vendor" status, denoting that it was the lowest-price-compliant bidder for the medium multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA) competition.

A defence ministry official also dismissed as false a report in an Indian publication that quoted unnamed sources as saying it had raised concerns about calculations pertaining to the Rafale's life-cycle costs.

Achieving L1 status allows Dassault to conduct final negotiations for the deal with India's Contract Negotiation Committee (CNC). A CNC is comprised of a defence programme's key stakeholders, and in the case of MMRCA is likely to include organisations such as the air force and Hindustan Aeronautics, which will build 108 of the aircraft domestically.

Once launched, negotiations between the CNC and Dassault could take between six months and one year to complete, according to an industry source.:hitwall:

Analysts have estimated the value of the MMRCA contest as ranging between $10 billion and $20 billion. The Rafale's original rivals for the requirement were the Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, Eurofighter Typhoon, Lockheed Martin F-16IN Super Viper, RSK MiG-35 and Saab Gripen NG. All but the Rafale and Typhoon were eliminated in April 2011.

The defence ministry source says India will begin phasing out its MiG-21s from 2014. While popular among experienced pilots, the MiG-21s in air force service have suffered from obsolescence problems as well as a number of fatal accidents in recent years.

India, Dassault enter final MMRCA negotiations

awsome get it in before 2014. they should build the manufacturing plant in gujarat. namo will get the job done faster.

@prism
like ur new avatar marwi menon she looks stunning
lot of good looking females in pak politics

Once launched, negotiations between the CNC and Dassault could take between six months and one year to complete, according to an industry source.:hitwall:
It will never happen. They will talk until the Rafale becomes obsolete in 3 to 5 years.

I thought China is now Super power when I heard about J 20:wub: but suddenly news of SU 35 woke me up:girl_wacko:

They are still buying Weapon and Aircraft from Russian:D.... I think their Machinery has failed due to sub standard :moil:

They got to find ways to close defence deals faster. :hitwall:

I thought China is now Super power when I heard about J 20:wub: but suddenly news of SU 35 woke me up:girl_wacko:

They are still buying Weapon and Aircraft from Russian:D.... I think their Machinery has failed due to sub standard :moil:
A news don't claimed by China can make you make the conclution such early, that's amazing itself. Even we buy SU-35, we still have J10, JH7, J8, A5, and j20 on the way, whatever how bad they are, they are mine. what about you? LCA. OTHERS? you buy t90, Rent Russian submarine, import the almost all of your main weapon, what's that mean? as your logic, All these mean your comprhensive failure in your military modernization?? First verfying the news, OK, does't you check the weapon from foreign depend on such news!! If it is, that's why you are loser in military!!!

A news don't claimed by China can make you make the conclution such early, that's amazing itself. Even we buy SU-35, we still have J10, JH7, J8, A5, and j20 on the way, whatever how bad they are, they are mine. what about you? LCA. OTHERS? you buy t90, Rent Russian submarine, import the almost all of your main weapon, what's that mean? as your logic, All these mean your comprhensive failure in your military modernization?? First verfying the news, OK, does't you check the weapon from foreign depend on such news!! If it is, that's why you are loser in military!!!

Don't worry man,
these guys have their own indigenous piece of fighter jets

LCA.:
It has an American engine, Israeli radar, 30% of airframe Indian, Design made by French Dassult company, Martin Baker ejection seat, (USA), BAE's LRU, IFCS, Fly by wire help from BAE and from Lockheed Martin, lightning pod, Hud etc from Israel, and last but not least weapons from Russia and Israel...

Rafale:
French

Mig-29/Mig29K:
Russian

Su-30MKI:
Russian

Mirage 2000:
French

Harrier:
British

Mig-21:
Russian

Jaguar:
British

Indians are truly super powers without foreign help ! :lol:

This sounds like you are overly experiencing Western superiority complex...:coffee:

Its ironic because few days back Chinese guys on this forum were busy claiming that there J11, J15, J16 or whatever is superior than outdated Russian tech.

Talk about egg on face:rofl:

Don't worry man,

LCA.:
It has an American engine, Israeli radar, 30% of airframe Indian, Design made by French Dassult company, Martin Baker ejection seat, (USA), BAE's LRU, IFCS, Fly by wire help from BAE and from Lockheed Martin, lightning pod, Hud etc from Israel, and last but not least weapons from Russia and Israel...

Rafale:
French

Mig-29/Mig29K:
Russian

Su-30MKI:
Russian

Mirage 2000:
French

Harrier:
British

Mig-21:
Russian

Jaguar:
British

^^^ But we have INR, do you have???? Are we getting all these things by begging for free???? If no, just close your teethless mouth, it stinks!

Don't worry man,

LCA.:

Rafale:
French

Mig-29/Mig29K:
Russian

Su-30MKI:
Russian

Mirage 2000:
French

Harrier:
British

Mig-21:
Russian

Jaguar:
British

ok, atleast we have something bcoz we can purchase. but what about nations who do not have money to buy anything.

Don't worry man,

LCA.:

Rafale:
French

Mig-29/Mig29K:
Russian

Su-30MKI:
Russian

Mirage 2000:
French

Harrier:
British

Mig-21:
Russian

Jaguar:
British

some one really wanted to troll against India. always crying on India..........showing lot of hatredness on India......lol you guys wont change this kinda attitude....

Back
Top Bottom