What's new

India court convicts 31 over deadly 2002 Gujarat riots

when will the people get justice for godhra kand

never saw a single pakistani sayin anythin or raising voice for it as they have been doing it for gujrat roits(though both incidents are none of their buisness)

You are wrong in judging all as if we are one - the incident that took place of innocent parties dying on the train was of course wrong. It should have never happened and those responsible for taking lifes of innocent people should be severely punished. Don't tarnish us with the same brush. Secondly one of my best friends was visiting India at the time and lost his life hence it is my business that justice was done. One doesn't have to be sensitive and get defensive mr warrior

The Hindu : News / National : 2002 riot case: Court issues summons to 2 British envoys

Justice should be done, most Indians, I mean an overwhelming majority do not support violence of any sort, irrespective of the cause. The occassional break down of law and order is an issue that hurts India and India's vision. However we remain committed to an India for Indians, and mob violence or terrorism of a few does not change the fact that there's only one solution - coexistence.

Doing justice in court of law brings about a sense of closure, this aspect of the solution must be persued vigorously. In addition, the govt has come out with extensive rehabilition and compensation plan for the victims.

Whats important to note is that the idea of India promises equality to all, the basic principles of our constitution and laws remain committed to that idea. This will eventually set us apart from the chaos, dictatorship, junta rule, religiously bigoted regimes and monarchies that rule Asia / Africa.

Edit - I'd like to point out that this is not the only case, scores of other people have been convicted for the Gujrat riots, including Hindus and Muslims (in addition to the Godhra incident too). This is just one more case.

Well said fateh71 - glad to have you back mate.

Modi too needs to face the music for the Rioting

I mean what were NDA govt in the center doing at that time , They should have dispatched CRPF the moment the train was set on fire , I mean the court have found those responsible for Godhra Train burning as Guilty and they will probably be hanged 10 yrs from now
But a preventive action by center at that time would have saved atleast a 1000 innocent lives

Compared to the BJP , the UPA Government has been quick to call in the Paramilitary when there is even a hint of Violence

Getting justice is very important to avoid the alienation of minorities.I hope 1984 Pogroms victims Should also get some Justice, Even if it is Just ceremonial.It will Also work as deterrent to Avoid communal Massacres in future.And also will Make Sikhs feel that they are not just the sitting ducks in India where they can be Massacred and looted by Mobs and the Criminals will go unpunished ,which encourage the criminals in committing Similar atrocities in future.

I mean what were NDA govt in the center doing at that time , They should have dispatched CRPF the moment the train was set on fire , I mean the court have found those responsible for Godhra Train burning as Guilty and they will probably be hanged 10 yrs from now
But a preventive action by center at that time would have saved atleast a 1000 innocent lives

Compared to the BJP , the UPA Government has been quick to call in the Paramilitary when there is even a hint of Violence

if congress was that much capable of stopping communal riots then why anti sikh riots & riots after babri demolition happened. congress or BJP both are responsible for riots, u can't give clean chit to one party.

you guys hate USA and find fault w anything they do but love China and say whatever they do is right. Today modi is in China

Thats correct he wasn't found guilty of killing anyone.
Ultimately as the man in charge at the time of these atrocities should he not have accepted responsibility for the worst riots in India since partition? It seems in the past the world feels he should have at least been held responsible?

I think ultimately a statement telling the world of the wrongs of what happened would have helped in achieving solidarity between all religions involved. Internationally the USA have never forgiven him and that's probably why they rejected his visa application their.

The Hindu : News / The India Cables : When Modi was denied the visa

No entry for Modi into US: visa denied - Times Of India

Delhi , the capital City where Army Garrisons just outside, Where huge police reinforcements Possible,where all the Political elite,where the Army generals are there,.You do know how much UPA/Congress was successful in taking the preventive action and Stopping the "Riots" in Delhi in 1984

Back
Top Bottom