What's new

India could host World Cup 2026: Blatter

tbh China deserves it more than India. It would be kinda weird if the home team doesn't even qualify for the Finals?

Once India has high speed rail network , like what China has, then it would probably make sense to hold the World Cup. In the mean time Indian team can work on its performance :cheers:

You're probably right but not having a team doesn't mean that you can't host. Btw does China have a football team?

You're probably right but not having a team doesn't mean that you can't host. Btw does China have a football team?

I didn't know that, but even then it would be kinda lack luster for us Indians at least if we didn't field our home team ?

And certainly China has a football team, not that great but its better than the Indian team if we go by the FIFA ranking.

Having said that, if India does bid for 2026 and wins the bid, it might expedite few infrastructure projects( Like high speed rail link). But in all fairness China should get it before India.

I didn't know that, but even then it would be kinda lack luster for us Indians at least if we didn't field our home team ?

And certainly China has a football team, not that great but its better than the Indian team if we go by the FIFA ranking.

Having said that, if India does bid for 2026 and wins the bid, it might expedite few infrastructure projects( Like high speed rail link). But in all fairness China should get it before India.

Oh okay, I didn't know that. Not a football fan. :)

However I actually think that India deserves it more. I mean it would encourage us to build more infrastructure (like high-speed trains as you said). Infrastructure is something which India lacks. Agreed, China has enough infrastructure to be able to host the World Cup but India needs it more... if you see what I mean.

Qatar wins the bid for the 2022 world cup and the next world cup 2026 will not go for the asian country.I support no matter which asian country bids for the world cup then I will not need to stay up late to watch the matches as long as the world cup held in asia!

Qatar wins the bid for the 2022 world cup and the next world cup 2026 will not go for the asian country.I support no matter which asian country bids for the world cup then I will not need to stay up late to watch the matches as long as the world cup held in asia!

Completely agree with your comment.
FIFA will not allow an Asian country to host 2026 world cup.

I have no doubt India could host the World Cup. But let's be honest here; after the cup in Qatar, the European power-houses are going to want the cup in European territory. If a European nation does not host the event before 2026, I don't think India will host it. But if certain conditons and variables occurred, meaning the Euros got a boozfest in Spain, England, or Russia , India would have a good to chance to host it. It would be really exciting for the subcontinent, and Pakistan's football industry would definitely be sky-rocketing.

The most you can do is post blogs and indian news papers? I posted international papers who stated that the common wealth games were planned very poorly and disgusting. Maybe by your and indian standards it was a "success" but by international starndards it was not. Which is why the common wealth games were not a success. Unfortunately you seem to live in a bollyworld world, hence all the delusions.I've only posted articles from which back up what I say, so I dont know how thats trolling? And its funny you're calling me a troll since all you do is troll and have been banned for it. I dont know why the mods un-banned you, once a troll is always a troll :disagree:

Dude/Gal don't need to be jealous if we have a chance to host a FIFA world cup.
You should be happy that you are hosting Pakistan Palestine football matches!!
:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

2026?? .....Event would be good only if India gets a better team by that time. Otherwise cant see India getting butchered by the likes of Brazil, Argentina and Europe..

Ok two points here

1) The host country s given a bye into the world cup finals. That means that they don't have to qualify to play. Otherwise USA might not have played in '94, South Africa might not have played in '10 and South Korea/Japan might not have played in '02.

2) Consecutive World cups cannot be awarded to the same continent. Any continent which holds the world cup has to wait for atleast 12 years before they can even bid for one. That is why no South American country tried for '18 and '22 World Cup because Brazil shall host in '14. So no chance of either India or China or Pakistan hosting in '26 or '30.

What is wrong with that? :cheesy:

Nothing.
But if you notice that person(dance) started trolling.
Anyways,trolling bans are only on Indians(i know),so had to give a reply to him/her.

Why puke out jealousy,when we are considered as possible hosts?

OT:I think these committed and serious words from the president of FIFA! should boost the team and probably motivate them to be a better footballing nation.

Like Qatar ranks 105 in FIFA!:cheesy::cheesy: and still hosting 2022 WC,so why question India's chances?

If Qatar is hosting WC with 105 ranking and no one is questioning it,then what's the prob.with India?

Nothing.
But if you notice that person(dance) started trolling.
Anyways,trolling bans are only on Indians(i know),so had to give a reply to him/her.

Why puke out jealousy,when we are considered as possible hosts?

OT:I think these committed and serious words from the president of FIFA! should boost the team and probably motivate them to be a better footballing nation.

Like Qatar ranks 105 in FIFA!:cheesy::cheesy: and still hosting 2022 WC,so why question India's chances?

Who gave you the right to issue troll fatwas?

India was defeated by Australia 4-0 , just a couple of days back in Asia cup. Its hard for the team to manage a draw even in asian scenario. I think the next match is tommorow, hope India does something that justifies their selection as a host.

AUSTRALIA is one of the top team. we lost when we were missing some of our key players.

right now football is on the rise most school kids play football and tennis. the result wont be too quick. we need to wait for 10 yrs atleast to see one good team representign india.

infrastructure and will of parents to let kids participate in sports in very important and its changing for good in india.

Back
Top Bottom