What's new

India Considers Buying 126 Eurofighters From Germany

I never said ef is shyte................i just said rafale is better.
And i maintain uk is the poodle of usa.

Not germany,not italy,not france,not sweden...................barring uk almost no other nation from eu.

Yup we needed rafale to fight with jf-17.................we are so doomed now:lol:

bull we exert as much influence on them as we do U.K
U.S and U.K are greater allies and might work more closely than the rest, but U.K isn't our poodle :taz:
friends help one another out.

Those won't be the reasons not to do it. The IAF shortlisted the EF along with the Rafale on technical parameters, so the only difference is price. There has been some news of the EF countries offering a reduced price but it remains to be seen if that reduction makes it really worthwhile to change the final preference. I hope the reduction in the EF's price forces Rafale to do the same. If the EF price is substantially lower than the Rafale, there is no reason whatsoever to give it to the French. The amount of money being spoken about is ridculous. Any reduction will be most welcome.

U need to read the swiss evaluation report asap.
Plus all my points stand

TOT of Eurofighter?? LOL
They already offered TOT in Mmrca deal the cost was the barrier which cost eurofighter the tender when mighty USA offered us F-18 with full tot on AESA still we opted rafale because it's a best choice both cost effective (that time) and futuristic.

bull we exert as much influence on them as we do U.K
U.S and U.K are greater allies and might work more closely than the rest, but U.K isn't our poodle :taz:
friends help one another out.

friendship is between equals...................uk is not

U need to read the swiss evaluation report asap.
Plus all my points stand

Doesn't matter. Irrelevant for the IAF. the IAF has deemed the EF & Rafale as meeting all technical parameters. The Rafale was only selected on price.

The recent rumor is that India plans to induct 126 J10B from CHina, of which 100 of it will be produced in India with TOT. CHina also agrees India's payment proposal by rice and curry.
Actually another rumor is that India is planning to pay Nawaz Sharif 1 billion dollars in his swiss bank to scuttle the JF 17 program and F 16 upgrade program. With that out of the way, India can wait another 4-5 years for the MMRCA. Win Win... reverse arms race. Every one saves money :D

Doesn't matter. Irrelevant for the IAF. the IAF has deemed the EF & Rafale as meeting all technical parameters. The Rafale was only selected on price.

U are damn wrong dude.
Under political pressure maybe but technically rafale is better.

For god's sake ef has no functional aesa even now,it may take a couple of years for that.
And please do read the swiss report.

not gonna happen. India playing hard balls and using this as tactic to convince france into allowing indians to build rafael. very smart. Wish our leadership was like that

Its not about leaderhip.............once ur economy grows u can do the same

Look, you just will have more choice if we are not hostile.

Rafale is way too expensive. you will have to consider it if EU want to cut it out.
Its not about hostility goi if consider it CCP is happy to sell it but it's our IAF and its obsession with Western tech plus UPA govt pro US policies always become a hindrance of any such deal.

The problems are plenty

1)Its not as capable as rafale........indian evaluation and swiss evaluation reports clearly state that
2)Still no working aesa,,,,god knows when captor aesa will hit the production
3)Air to ground role limited relative to rafale and we need multi role aircraft and not a sole air superiority one
4)Its controlled by 4 nations and with uk being one of them there is always a risk of future sanctions due to its relationship with usa.

As we all know uk is just a pet poodle of usa nowadays,,,sad really

Its better suited for A2A role while Rafale is better A2G platform.

friendship is between equals...................uk is not

then what's the point of round tables
192635567.jpg

:bounce::bounce:

not gonna happen. India playing hard balls and using this as tactic to convince france into allowing indians to build rafael. very smart. Wish our leadership was like that
I think Pakistan will protest China if we sell you guys J10b. To be honest, J10B is really worth the price it tags. With the price you pay dassault, you can go for F35. Some times you don't know how much envy i've got for India about the easy access to western technology, we are totally isolated.

Its better suited for A2A role while Rafale is better A2G platform.

Laughable statement.
Rafale is multirole...............Ef IS SIMPLY NOT.

That aside not having an aesa is deal breaker on the spot

U are damn wrong dude.
Under political pressure maybe but technically rafale is better.

For god's sake ef has no functional aesa even now,it may take a couple of years for that.
And please do read the swiss report.

There is nothing wrong about what I said. The IAF deemed both as meeting required parameters. As for pressure, they booted the US entry out, no one will argue that Europeans have more pull than the US. If a fully functional AESA was deemed standard at the time initial offer,, only the Americans would have qualified. The IAF parameters are for the aircraft being delivered.

Btw, the news report earlier (not this one) was explicit. The German ambassador asked the NDA government whether they would be interested in a relook if the EF consortium came up with a better offer. The offer was made after GoI told them they could.

Back
Top Bottom