What's new

India Conducts First Live Fire Exercise of Homegrown BVR Air to Air Missile

Theparadox

Reaction score
Country
India
1057414015.png

The 3.8 meter long Astra Mark-1 is a single-stage, solid-propellant missile that can hit a target at a range of 75 kilometers with a speed of more than four times the speed of sound at Mach 4.5. Its advanced version is expected to match the caliber of the French Meteor BVRAAM.

NEW DELHI (Sputnik) — India has successfully conducted the first live fire trial of its home-grown beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile (BVRAAM) — Astra in the Bay of Bengal. Sources told Sputnik that this is the first in the series of at least eight trials before it is approved to be inducted into service by the end of 2017.

The missile was fired from a Su-30MKI fighter jet targeting a pilotless target aircraft (PTA), the Banshee. This was carried out to revalidate the newly developed indigenous missile seeker and its accuracy capability. The seeker helps in firing the missile from beyond visual range, tracking and then locking onto the target.

"The exercise was conducted in a war-like scenario and the missile was fired on an actual target," said a defense official.

Sources told Sputnik that the homegrown BVRAAM would be fitted on to the locally developed fighter jet Tejas. Meanwhile, DRDO has started work on the longer range version of the missile that is to be named Astra Mk-2 that can hit targets up to 100 kilometers. The advanced version is expected to match the caliber of the French Meteor BVRAAM.

The Indian Air Force has already placed an initial order for 50 Astra MK-1 which will be followed by a bulk order for all its fighter aircraft. Last month India's state-owned Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) inaugurated a special production facility near the southern city of Hyderabad to manufacture the initial batch of Astra Mk1.

That explains yesterday's Lakshya crash. Looks like it evaded it's fate by diving it to death...

The aerial target Banshee remained intact.
Masking the failure as a success?
Where was the impact?
There was none.
Shame.

Show me any source that says that the aerial target was engaged.
Banshee was flown as an aerial target, but there is not a single source saying it got destroyed by Astra.

This is how India under Modi camouflage Indian failures as its success.
Instead of asking me about the source, you should provide one, that says Banshee was destroyed by Astra.

How can you see things which we are not able to see ? You are the one throwing accusations, aint you the one who should provide the source ?

I say nothing happened.
How can I prove the negativity?
If the Banshee was engaged & destroyed, the onus is on you to provide such source.

Banshee was flown though:
The missile was fired from a Su-30MKI fighter jet targeting a pilotless target aircraft (PTA), the Banshee. This was carried out to revalidate the newly developed indigenous missile seeker and its accuracy capability. The seeker helps in firing the missile from beyond visual range, tracking and then locking onto the target.

https://sputniknews.com/military/201709151057414058-india-bvr-missile/

This was yeasterday.

Show me any source that says that the aerial target was engaged.
Banshee was flown as an aerial target, but there is not a single source saying it got destroyed by Astra.

This is how India under Modi camouflage Indian failures as its success.
Instead of asking me about the source, you should provide one, that says Banshee was destroyed by Astra.
There are lot of missile teat happened or being happened around the world,none except few only show the the missile hitting the target. So you think that all those tests are fake? What kind of person do you are? Or do u bribes only the things u see by your own eyes?

However today, there is an added news (new):

Which has following to say:

Final round flight trials were successfully conducted from Sukhoi-30 MKI fighter aircraft by Indian Air Force (IAF) over the Bay of Bengal off Odisha coast. Altogether seven missiles were fired against Pilotless Target Aircraft (PTA) during the last four days.Defence sources said, the missile was fired at very long range and different altitudes. It successfully engaged high manoeuvring targets at medium range while multiple launches of the missile were carried out in salvo mode to engage multiple targets.

All the sub-systems, including the indigenous Radio Frequency (RF) seeker performed accurately, meeting all the mission parameters and objectives. Two missiles were also launched in the combat configuration with warhead and the targets were neutralised

So now I have no such negative claim against the Astra:

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nat...ia-to-6th-world-power-in-defence-1658008.html

Case closed.

There are lot of missile teat happened or being happened around the world,none except few only show the the missile hitting the target. So you think that all those tests are fake? What kind of person do you are? Or do u bribes only the things u see by your own eyes?

Dont blabber.
Look at today's news:

However today, there is an added news (new):

Which has following to say:

So now I have no such negative claim claim against the Astra:

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nat...ia-to-6th-world-power-in-defence-1658008.html

Case closed.

Dont blabber.
Look at today's news:

I know India better than you.
If something is success, its written as "Textbook type performance and state-of-the-art"

It would be idiotic to believe that a live fire test would have only one target drone. And a drone crash would definitely not stop the exercise. There is a reason target drones are designed are used. They are expendable. Either due to an technical issue or a BVRAAM done the exhaust.

@#hydra#

You do not even know of a simple working of missiles, but you always come here & pretend to be omniscient and know-all type.

You WERE tested by me and you never came back = No show.

Ok.
One more for you:

quiz112.png

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom