What's new

India Chooses foreign technology over own patented ACD system

shaktiman2010

Reaction score
The Indian Railways has once again chosen an expensive foreign technology (TPWS) over India’s own patented ACD system.

The Indian Railways recently decided to adopt the European technology Train Protection Warning System (TPWS) on busy rail routes to avoid collisions. However, the government has once again ignored the indigenous & cost-effective anti-collision device (ACD) system developed by the Konkan Railway and has instead opted for an expensive foreign technology.

According to industry experts, TPWS is not only expensive, but also less efficient compared to the {Indigenously developed} ACD system. . . .

. . .

ACD(made in India), which is a no-signal equipment, has superior wide-area safety-enhancing capability, while costing much less individually. As a network, it delivers extremely superior performance as compared to signal systems. It also has an upgradation cycle in technology terms through progressive software and hardware additions, to eliminate the current old-fashioned Western technology-based signal systems.

“This is what the signal department of the Indian Railways fears and thus is trying to fight tooth-and-nail against the introduction of the ACD,” Mr Bojji further stated.

Rail anti-collision tech: Does the foreign TPWS trump the home-grown ACD? - Moneylife: Personal Finance Magazine

Moral of Story - This is how home-made systems from DRDO are refused funding and "foreign" is always preferred. Story is same across all babudom in all departments.

No wonder LCA, Kaveri are suffering while big funds are being plundered on crappy Gorshkov and Scorpians.

Last edited:
^^ China is much better than India, in terms of transparency and handling of corruption.

India is full of corruption and rotten minded people. Its a depressing place to live in.

I know, my colleagues won't like to admit this, but its true. That's how India runs. Corruption is day-to-day fact.

Patented technology or not.. always go for the best and viable that is available

Bcoz you are so rich and have no where to spend your money?

You started trolling again. We are not rich and don't even have a penny to spend if that makes you happy. Now go back to your Den.

Sir its Included in railway budget, we cannot move it any where else.... Actually we prepare budget for everything, the money goes there and Has to be spent for the Sole purpose..... You know how corrupt our officers are :cry:

Thank you for your post. My post is agaisnt this ↓
Patented technology or not.. always go for the best and viable that is available

Just a example: A common people, who have limited money and he has no car, no TV, no computer, he wanna change the situation, and his money can only offer him to buy the best car or a common car, a new TV and a new computer. What will he do? I will choose the second one. The same with india railway budget, I think there are many things else should be changed about india railway system with limitted money.

^^ China is much better than India, in terms of transparency and handling of corruption.

India is full of corruption and rotten minded people. Its a depressing place to live in.

I know, my colleagues won't like to admit this, but its true. That's how India runs. Corruption is day-to-day fact.

if this is true why not bring it to media, afterall india has a free media.

Are you a typical self-hating Indian?

Read the article again. According to Industry experts, Indian ACD system is better than French system. But, Indian railways chosen french version due to bribes and corruption.

Indian railways is full of corruption. Same with Ministry of defense.

We are still importing UAV's when our college kids are capable of making world-class UAV's like Netra.

There are two kinds of people - One who believes in Indian capabilities. Another who hate themselves.

if this is true why not bring it to media, afterall india has a free media.

Corruption is an accepted norm in India. Most won't accept publicly that they are corrupt.

You will find most Indians on this forum defending India and mocking China for corruption but in private life, they enjoy being part of it.

Heard of hollow pride? That's what India is about.

You started trolling again. We are not rich and don't even have a penny to spend if that makes you happy. Now go back to your Den.

Stop trolling and learn to admit that India is full of corruption.

Showing others down will not raise you up.

Corruption is an accepted norm in India. Most won't accept publicly that they are corrupt.

You will find most Indians on this forum defending India and mocking China for corruption but in private life, they enjoy being part of it.

Heard of hollow pride? That's what India is about.

Corruption is very harmfull to a nation, is there no one try to find someway to solve it like giving a serious publishment to the policians who are corrupted?

Stop trolling and learn to admit that India is full of corruption.

Showing others down will not raise you up.

Who said there is no corruption in India? and I stand by my comments that the sole purpose of existence of few people here is to troll. If I am trolling here then just look at the history of your Chinese friend and tell me if that is Troll or not.

And Keep your advises to yourself...

Back
Top Bottom