What's new

Featured India, China troops within shooting range at Spanggur Gap in Eastern Ladakh

What's the end game here? I don't understand why these two big developing countries are fighting over some bare rocks and mountains.
China is taking disputed areas that it claims are Chinese territory and wants to protect OBOR initiative. China has transgressed into Ladakh since May 2020 and has occupied positions (possibly strategic areas to amass forces and launch strikes in future). Indian Army has failed to vacate PLA Army from newly occupied positions and since now war is unlikely as situation is being diffused so both sides will fortify positions.

Next hot spot could be Bhutan or near Bhutan.

Next hot spot could be Bhutan or near Bhutan.
Doklam ... I'd say this is one of the most important sectors in the LAC considering its proximity to the Siliguri Corridor. When the Chinese cuts this corridor off, the war is basically over in NE India. As such the Indians are extremely jittery and tried to block Chinese road construction back in 2017.

Last edited:
Doklam ... I'd say this is one of the most important sectors in the LAC considering its proximity to the Siliguri Corridor. When the Chinese cuts this corridor off, the war is basically over in NE India. As such the Indians are extremely jittery and tried to block Chinese road construction back in 2017.
India did not realise that China faces US Forces now and then in the South China Sea (SCS) and even then China continues to build islands in SCS for logistics support. Therefore its no secret that China is expanding its territory since past many years. It was only a matter of time that China diverted its attention towards India. The card played through article 370 last year gave china 6-7 months to prepare for an offensive in summer season which is May 2020 and now as winter approaches both sides don't want war.

This battle is important as China is surrounded by weapons all around.
India stand United with u.sa Australia Tibet hongkong Japan Vietnam Phillipines Taiwan and others.

The plan should be to choke them with economic embargo. Don't do business with china. Stop the trade they will die eventually. Ch

An Indian Army patrol station was at this spot a year ago where the Chinese flag is rising. This WAS India. It is China now.
View attachment 669577

Must the Chinese copy everything o_O

1920px-Raising_the_Flag_on_Iwo_Jima%2C_larger_-_edit1.jpg

Omg that cracked me up

This is china's pop density distribution
View attachment 669574

and this is territorial elevation which matters the most in Ladakh. Low temps at sea level is very different from even mediocre temps at high elevations. Our forces have been continuously deployed along the highest elevated regions continuously to man our borders

View attachment 669575

but hey...who cares right as long as a 50 cent troll says they're naturally acclimatized. After all it's daddy china
I think the issue is you can't even stand cold weather let alone altitude. Bear in mind Chinese stay near Sichuan and Qinghai which also have similar altitude.

How Indian army will resist the cold temperature of minus 20-30 is beyond the imagination.The present deployment of Indian army ill say most of them are not familiar with such weather conditions,once winter comes Indian deployment has to pull back their infantry & then it will be interesting to see how PLA reacts.This is a big question a million dollar question??????

Unlike Indians, Chinese are naturally acclimatized to cold temperatures.

Onset of winter helps the PLA.
Much of the Chinese victory in 1962 was due to the PLA's excellent mountain warfare capabilities. Besides, the Chinese have been fighting wars in Tibet since the Tang Dynasty, so indeed they are acclimatized to extremely cold temperatures, thin air, and high altitudes. When Nehru sent 30,000 Indian soldiers to counterattack the PLA in 1962, many of them died or were placed out of action due to zero acclimatization. The Indians completely failed to understand that immediately ascending from altitudes of ~200 meters (Delhi) to the over 5000 meters in Tibet is bound to have extremely poor consequences on the human body. So this "elite" mountain troops did not even understand the basics of acclimatization when even amateur mountain climbers know this.
Omg that cracked me up

This is china's pop density distribution
View attachment 669574

and this is territorial elevation which matters the most in Ladakh. Low temps at sea level is very different from even mediocre temps at high elevations. Our forces have been continuously deployed along the highest elevated regions continuously to man our borders

View attachment 669575

but hey...who cares right as long as a 50 cent troll says they're naturally acclimatized. After all it's daddy china
I don't understand your point here. It is true not many Chinese live in Tibet ... but considering 200,000 Chinese soldiers are stationed right next to the LAC (10% of the overall PLA strength), how could you not say the Chinese are naturally used to exceptionally high altitudes. It is true a civilian like you or me would not even think of living there, but soldiers are a completely different matter.

Much of the Chinese victory in 1962 was due to the PLA's excellent mountain warfare capabilities. Besides, the Chinese have been fighting wars in Tibet since the Tang Dynasty, so indeed they are acclimatized to extremely cold temperatures, thin air, and high altitudes. When Nehru sent 30,000 Indian soldiers to counterattack the PLA in 1962, many of them died or were placed out of action due to zero acclimatization. The Indians completely failed to understand that immediately ascending from altitudes of ~200 meters (Delhi) to the over 5000 meters in Tibet is bound to have extremely poor consequences on the human body. So this "elite" mountain troops did not even understand the basics of acclimatization when even amateur mountain climbers know this.

I don't understand your point here. It is true not many Chinese live in Tibet ... but considering 200,000 Chinese soldiers are stationed right next to the LAC (10% of the overall PLA strength), how could you not say the Chinese are naturally used to exceptionally high altitudes. It is true a civilian like you or me would not even think of living there, but soldiers are a completely different matter.
There is literally 1mil Chines e staying in high plateau environment, these Indians are thinking Han Chinese don't stay in high altitude areas. Lol

This battle is important as China is surrounded by weapons all around.
India stand United with u.sa Australia Tibet hongkong Japan Vietnam Phillipines Taiwan and others.

The plan should be to choke them with economic embargo. Don't do business with china. Stop the trade they will die eventually. Ch
It's a good plan, but you should first convince Trump to stop the trade deal with China. Ivanka, in particular, stop her clothing business in China .

China is too defensive. All we did is march our forces up to our Chinese Claim Line and then demand the Indians "stop provoking". It does not look like China will proactively enter undisputed Indian territory to clear out a de-militarized zone. Instead, China merely reinforced all its positions along the Chinese Claim Line and now is leaving it up to the Indians to decide whether to escalate into a border skirmish or wait for the winter. If the winter comes, the Indian forward posture is unsustainable. They have too many people and too little / poor infrastructure.

If it was up to me, PLA would enter undisputed Indian territory to clear out a 100 km de-militarized zone but Beijing is just too peaceful.
You seemed to have calmed down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom