What's new

India-China SED dialogue to focus on high speed rail tracks

You do realize that we are no that strong economically . . .as of now i don't find it that much useful as most of the ppl won't be able to afford it .

but Again thats just my opinion :)

You know what "ghost cities" actually are in China? They are actual cities built for new inhabitants. Sure there are some stupid decisions here and there, but almost all of them fill up with in 3-4 years.

You can't wait for the population to be ready, you must build ahead, or else you won't keep up.

When HSR just came in it wasn't great, but now it's getting better and better.

The Indian government must act, you guys want them to act, well this is act, imagine if the new government waits 3-4 years for the population to be ready for a city, then they start planning for it, before they even finish the planning, they are out of office or at least needs another campaign, then the plans for the new city may or may not survive and even if it does it'll be massively delayed, what do you do with the people during that delay?

You do realize that we are no that strong economically . . .as of now i don't find it that much useful as most of the ppl won't be able to afford it .

but Again thats just my opinion :)
How would they do in selective routes like Chennai- Banglore where the trafic is high?

You know what "ghost cities" actually are in China? They are actual cities built for new inhabitants. Sure there are some stupid decisions here and there, but almost all of them fill up with in 3-4 years.

You can't wait for the population to be ready, you must build ahead, or else you won't keep up.

The Indian government must act, you guys want them to act, well this is act, imagine if the new government waits 3-4 years for the population to be ready for a city, then they start planning for it, before they even finish the planning, they are out of office or at least needs another campaign, then the plans for the new city may or may not survive and even if it does it'll be massively delayed, what do you do with the people during that delay?

You are right on your part . . i completely agree with you . . but with this slow growth and limited resources i will not put HSR on the priority list. IR anyhow is doing a fair job :)

How would they do in selective routes like Chennai- Banglore where the trafic is high?

Bhai, travelling through it is as costly as a flight.

I am sceptical about it. . . those who can afford it would choose to travel by a plane to save time :undecided:

You‘d better be patient,very patient,for those Japanese high-speed trains won't show up before 2025 the earliest,if ever。:lol:

And since the Japs now a days make only a few of those trains each year,the trains are gonna be extremely expensive,and will anyhow use a huge quantity of Chinese components、parts and subsystems。

Then you guys would still have to import Chinese-track technology which is now the world's most advanced and competitive。:enjoy:
Are you sure? I mean India itself intends to strengthen its manufacturing base and has almost done with the DMIC corridor. As far as production is concerned then JUST LIKE CHINA INDIA TOO CAN PRODUCE ITS OWN. As u know India is 15-20 yrs lagging to China but has done everything which China had achieved 15-20 yrs back.

So only thing required is tech, for rest all can be built.

Chinese use Japanese components and Japanese investments will be huge in India.

U know. I so agree with you here. ITs all bout acting before time rather than being late. And there is no point talking bout ghost cities in China. You guyz earned that heavy Foreign Exchange due to ur massive Exports. Now its natural to utilize them to better ur Infra irrespective of need. With tym its obviously gonna get stable.

Back
Top Bottom