What's new

India, China growth race 'silly', says Nobel winner

what's the GDP of that "India's Guangdong" Gujarat... any comparable?

what's the GDP of that "India's Guangdong" Gujarat... any comparable?

As of 2010, Gujarat's GDP is $90.65 billion. Population of Gujarat is 60 million, whereas Guangdong's is 104 million. Growth rate of Gujarat is 11 %. State with highest GDP is Maharashtra at $190.31 billion. So you can not compare Gujarat with Guangdong

Don't worry about the troll, he doesn't know the difference between GDP per capita & GDP.

I think you are the intellectual Muppet here;) There is no such thing as just GDP. It is normal GDP, PPP, per capita etc. Don;t try to act smart;)

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Really? How about India's GDP is still lower than that smaller country? Is that more funny?

Ofcourse it is. China has 4 times more people than US and it is less than half of American economy. Time changes everything. Growth matters. If you are going up, even if you are behind, it is fine. You will eventually catch up.

Really? How about India's GDP is still lower than that smaller country? Is that more funny?

so you people said that indias gdp is lower than 3 regions of china comdined so why does it hurt when japan(maybe even smaller than one of the regions mentioned) had higher gdp until recently,dont let it hurt your superpowah ego
and bilal i am comparing nominal gdp with gdp,not gdp with per capita gdp

So that means Japan is 12 times ahead than China. Israel is 70 times ahead than China. First you decide the criteria, Then ask question. :coffee:

Why do people post numbers and do not see how stupid those numbers are?
Japan=12 X China
Israel=70 X China
=> Israel=6 X Japan.

Japan being one of the riches countries in the world.
Are Israelian roads paved with gold?

I think what mr. Sen is saying is that India should not waste efford and resources trying to compare with China, but instead should use those efford and resources to make right the weaknesses in Indian society.
His statement is not that China and India are incomparable, but that India should improve on education, healthcare and inequality.
The numbers he provides are not for comparison but for shock value.
China is not (and should not be) his benchmark.

I think what mr. Sen is saying is that India should not waste efford and resources trying to compare with China, but instead should use those efford and resources to make right the weaknesses in Indian society.
His statement is not that China and India are incomparable, but that India should improve on education, healthcare and inequality.
The numbers he provides are not for comparison but for shock value.
China is not (and should not be) his benchmark.

You're right. China should not be the current benchmark for India.

List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Currently, the GDP/capita of India is unfortunately still lower than superpowers like Ghana, Yemen and Sudan. It would take perhaps decades, for India to surpass these superpowers on its way to become the leading nation in the solar system.

List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Currently, the GDP/capita of India is unfortunately still lower than superpowers like Ghana, Yemen and Sudan. It would take perhaps decades, for India to surpass these superpowers on its way to become the leading nation in the solar system.

your country's gdp/capita was not that much great 10-15 years ago,if you remember

And that of China is lower than superpowers like Suriname, Gabon and Equatorial Guinea. See how stupid your logic is?

And that of China is lower than superpowers like Suriname, Gabon and Equatorial Guinea. See how stupid your logic is?

We never claimed to be a superpower, in fact Chinese leaders are constantly saying that we are a developing country.

Indians shouldn't worry though, if they can somehow reverse their slowing 7% growth... then in 10-20 years, they might reach where we are right now. :azn:

I.e. Still below many African nations.

We never claimed to be a superpower, in fact Chinese leaders are constantly saying that we are a developing country.

Indians shouldn't worry though, if they can somehow reverse their slowing 7% growth... then in 10-20 years, they might reach where we are right now. :azn:

I.e. Still below many African nations.

Our leaders have never said that we are a superpower either.

The world's going to forget Shanghai and only know Mumbai, remember?

Cold Start, 2 front war, remember?

Superpowers fight 2 front wars, not regular countries.

I don't know what you are referring to, but the statement went something like, "We ll transform Mumbai into Shanghai". Nothing wrong with that.

your country's gdp/capita was not that much great 10-15 years ago,if you remember

If I had a nickel for everytime I've heard the "India is just like China only reformed 10-15 years later" argument... Well I'd have a lot of nickels :lol:

Back
Top Bottom