What's new

India, China emerging as IT giants

I am all happy for the success of IT industry in India, but are we a little too concerned only about IT. I heard that in China most of the manufacturing job is done by migrant farmers, who after sowing the seeds will go to city and work in the factories and return when its time to harvest the produce. Can IT in India give the same opportunity to our farmers. IT is an elite industry, serving only the educated leaving out the uneducated or low educated out in the cold. We have to become a manufacturing hub like China or else when the next IT bubble bursts we are doomed.

Comparing Huawei as an IT company is just like saying TATA as an IT comapny.
If You want to compare TATA with Huawei you are most welcome. Huawei wont stand even half of TATA.

I have a Huawei cell phone. Doesn't cell phone consists of semiconductors as one of the chinese school kid said. Huawei is more of a telecom hardware supplier not an IT company. It used to come in my college for recruitment of electronics and communication engineering graduates.

no,but indian can pronounce english words correctly.......
you are totally wasting your time arguing with this indians,they can be very extreme when they talk about things related to china ,just like many westerner, they've already get used to hold arrogant and prejudice against china or chinese product , we are the "lower-caste" in their eyes,born this way .i used to see a indian chattering on a forum like crasy because he bought a 3$ chinese toy and couldn't figure out why it's not comparable to something might cost him 30$ ,so instead thank for geting the basic fun,he made a conclusion that chinese could only make junk....

P.S nothing is constant,china is manufacturing hub,but it can also be a services hub few years later,hope this simple philosophy could end such silly fight

Yes you are right to an extent.
Chinese product here in India is too cheap comparing to other companies product even if they are providing more advanced features. The problem is with their durability. They are indeed poor in quality and no warranty is provided on chinese products.
Its not the mentality of Indians but the quality of chinese product which lead many of us to discard those products.

Comparing Huawei as an IT company is just like saying TATA as an IT comapny.
If You want to compare TATA with Huawei you are most welcome. Huawei wont stand even half of TATA.

I have a Huawei cell phone. Doesn't cell phone consists of semiconductors as one of the chinese school kid said. Huawei is more of a telecom hardware supplier not an IT company. It used to come in my college for recruitment of electronics and communication engineering graduates.

Tell me Intel is not an IT company.

Of course IT include hardware and software.But real hardware in meaning for IT is only CPU I think,it is core-tech of IT.Only one or two US copmany using alien tech to develop this kind of thing.:sick:

In current usage, no, Intel has absolutely nothing to do with IT. For example, Intel CPUs can be used in supercomputing applications that have nothing to do with information technology.

Currently, the "computer" industry is split into many different industries, of which only 2 can be considered IT. Displays, information storage (hard drives), processors (semiconductors), telecom, software products and software services all are part of computer industry but all require completely different industries.

the fact that half the chinese here dont even know the meaning of IT shows how much they really know about the industry, give your hate a rest, India is the services hub and China is the manufacturing hub, neither can replace the other.

do u even know what is IT industry?? it stands for Information Technology which consists of hardware and software.. within this subcategory it devides into hardware design, development and manufacturing, programming, software products and software service``etc

and also to enlighten ur ignorance IT hardware design, development, manufacturing and software product exports are categorized as High Technology exports.. but some programming and software services are not.

india's annual high technology products exports were only $6.5billions according to WorldBank 2009 statistics, whereares China leading the postion with staggering $380billions``thats why if u think india is an IT giant is like saying mosquito is bigger than egle``lol

Huawei Technologies is a telecommunications giant and not all its operations comes under IT.

Its best to call it a technology company than calling it as a IT company.

do u even know what is IT industry?? it stands for Information Technology which consists of hardware and software.. within this subcategory it devides into hardware design, development and manufacturing, programming, software products and software service``etc

and also to enlighten ur ignorance IT hardware design, development, manufacturing and software product exports are categorized as High Technology exports.. but some programming and software services are not.

india's annual high technology products exports were only $6.5billions according to WorldBank 2009 statistics, whereares China leading the postion with staggering $380billions``thats why if u think india is an IT giant is like saying mosquito is bigger than egle``lol

I disagree. Someone that manufactures semiconductors is more likely to have a background in chemistry, chemical engineering or materials science, than physics, computer science or electronics engineering. Strictly speaking, IT is software.

Thats true because we do have a large polpulation who couldn't afford superior products but still desire to have one.
For e.g. auto driver in India used to have chinese mobiles and thats qwerty too even though they never use web services just because they have to pay only Rs 2000 for it. If they choose to have a Nokia mobile of same features they have to spend Rs. 10000.

Huawei Technologies is a telecommunications giant and not all its operations comes under IT.

Its best to call it a technology company than calling it as a IT company.

and call centre is an IT company?

lol....that doesnt make china IT giant..
Go to infosys and know wats a IT giant would be like..
remove china from that title

"China is not an IT giant" and yet beats India --> China ranks 36th and India 48th. !!! LOL LOL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom