2007---$48 billion
2008--$64billion
2010--->$ 75 billion

that's the real facts..
now u decide ur self...

for full detail:-
Information technology in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
:) You really do think your country is some kind of IT power don't you? Ha ha

Those statistics are totally rubbish. They are referenced in Wikipedia through a 2008 study that projected 2009 2010 levels (what kind of person would deliberately misrepresent these statistics?). The most recent statistics from that study is 2007 a measly $48 billion. Chinese would laugh at that number, considering our foreign exchange reserves hit $3 trillion already (let you know that's $3000 billion).

China has Huawei, ZTE, Lenovo even HTC (if you count Taiwan). India has only Infosys.... India is such a great IT power it has to get foreign tender to build entire networks including Huawei!

http://www.pcworld.com/article/195624/huawei_moves_to_convince_india_on_network_security_issues.html

lol....that doesnt make china IT giant..
Go to infosys and know wats a IT giant would be like..
remove china from that title

Infosys is far from a fortune 500 level right now. it makes up only a fraction of the revenue of china's largest It company Huawei. if infosys were in China, it could only be one of largest software companies but not the largest.

Chinese media seldom name itself with self-preening words like "giant", "power", and "superpower" in whatever field, it is quite embarrassing actually.

I don't think Chinese need to be dismissive of Indian IT industry's achievements. Sure it's being over-hyped (I'll officially quit listening to BBC if I hear yet another interview with the author of Geek Nation), but there are hundreds of Chinese companies who would love to help themselves with a share of the IT offsourcing cake from the Indians. We need to learn from the Indian outsourcing industry while keep developing our own strength (far larger domestic demand, more diversified IT industry, strong consumer products, etc).

:)China has Huawei, ZTE, Lenovo even HTC (if you count Taiwan). India has only Infosys.... India is such a great IT power it has to get foreign tender to build entire networks including Huawei!

Huawei Moves to Convince India on Network Security Issues - PCWorld

You do have little or zero knowledge about India but still you make arguments just for the sake of it.
Infosys is even not the biggest of IT company in India. TCS is the biggest followed by Infosys, Wipro and HCL.

I don't think Chinese need to be dismissive of Indian IT industry's achievements. Sure it's being over-hyped (I'll officially quit listening to BBC if I hear yet another interview with the author of Geek Nation), but there are hundreds of Chinese companies who would love to help themselves with a share of the IT offsourcing cake from the Indians. We need to learn from the Indian outsourcing industry while keep developing our own strength (far larger domestic demand, more diversified IT industry, strong consumer products, etc).

That is true. :tup:

Business is business. Who wants to turn down a financial opportunity?

Infosys is far from a fortune 500 level right now. it makes up only a fraction of the revenue of china's largest It company Huawei. if infosys were in China, it could only be one of largest software companies but not the largest.

Chinese media seldom name itself with self-preening words like "giant", "power", and "superpower" in whatever field, it is quite embarrassing actually.

Dont mix up Huawei and Infosys. Huawei deals with IT and electronics and embedded systems while Infosys provides only consulting or IT solutions.

Atleast know the difference between Huwei and Infy..
Huwei is a electronics manufacturer..
Infosys is a Software maker..
how can u compare????

Infosys is not the biggest company currently,its TCS...

I think most people here r actually confused describing the IT sector.

The article describe everything from telephone,mobiles and internet usage as a total measure of IT.

While a Chinese idiot here is claiming everything from telecom,hardware and power generation companies as IT.

While Indian's r claiming software servie providers as IT sector(it is the same i also thought so,and in this particular field its not a secret that China lag us).

The article describe everything from telephone,mobiles and internet usage as a total measure of IT.

While a Chinese idiot here is claiming everything from telecom,hardware and power generation companies as IT.

While Indian's r claiming software servie providers as IT sector(it is the same i also thought so,and in this particular field its not a secret that China lag us).

let's leave it to others to judge who is idiot. As far as i know, telecom and hardware belong to IT industry. Intel, Cisco, ericsson, Huawei are all IT companies.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

let's leave it to others to judge who is idiot. As far as i know, telecom and hardware belong to IT industry. Intel, Cisco, ericsson, Huawei are all IT companies.

The reason both countries are doing so much IT business is because companies hire cheap workers and pay them 5 cents to do a job that would normally pay thousands in a western country.

Telcom belongs to Tecom sector..
Harware belongs to Electronic's sectors

Nowadays a definition of what constitutes IT industry is pretty much impossible to give, simply because information technology is so pervasive in all sectors of the economy. Is Amazon an IT company or simply a retailer who uses information technology? Is Apple in the IT industry or is it in the consumer electronics industry?

That's actually the point of WEF's Global IT Report (which in in turn is the reason why we have this thread). The report isn't about how many software companies a country has, it is about how IT has penetrated all sectors of the economy.

China has Huawei, ZTE, Lenovo even HTC (if you count Taiwan). India has only Infosys.... India is such a great IT power it has to get foreign tender to build entire networks including Huawei!

The article intends to say that China and India are emerging as big consumers of IT. It is not talking about the IT companies of the countries. Moreover the examples that you have quoted are "Telecom companies". They are not IT companies but hardware making companies. Even big Telecom players like NSNen outsource the software of the BTS/BSC to differt Indian companies like wipro etc. It is not only cumbersome to do all things by themselves but also not so productive as through testing is not possible. So what they do is that they outsource BTS software to one company and BSC software to another company and then manage the process with milestones.

China in it's present form can never be like India's IT industry. China can only be competitive in BPO market but as far as the IT companies are concerned and that too the "Telecom based IT industries", china lags far behind. The amount of work that the Chinese do in the whole week testing these S/W can be done in India in a single day. The chinese are still learning. They leave office by 6 pm even when there is some critical issue whereas in India people go on till even 11 pm. The Chinese work environment is however much better in that the pressure on them is less and even there managers are very much flexible and good but it also makes sure that an Indian with 1-2 years experience is much better than a Chinese with 6-7 years experience.

The underlying point is China has much hard work to do before it can be an IT "giant" ,so to say.

Atleast know the difference between Huwei and Infy..
Huwei is a electronics manufacturer..
Infosys is a Software maker..
how can u compare????

Infosys is not the biggest company currently,its TCS...

Wtf???Since when the Huawei become a electronic manufacturer?Does Huawei sell LCD LED television and refrigerator like smasung haier??ROFL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom