What's new

India-China Air Force Clash: IAF Pilot Explains Why A Superior J-20 Stealth Jet Will Avoid A Skirmish With Rafales, Su-30MIs

Apparently he doesn’t understand the difference between “offer” and “accepted offer”. Fact of the matter is China has not purchased any additional Su-35s since the last of the 24 were delivered in 2018. They found the avionics and missiles to be wanting during training against the J-10C.
Mindset of most of Indian members here that Indigenous development of weapons like J-20/J-10/Type-55 and Type-52 destroyers etc etc are unreliable/ junk lol

Mindset of most of Indian members here that Indigenous development of weapons like J-20/J-10/Type-55 and Type-52 destroyers etc etc are unreliable/ junk lol

I know their logic.

Indian indigenous weapons = unreliable/junk.

Indians get technological support from superior Western countries, China doesn't.

Therefore Chinese indigenous weapons = unreliable/junk.

Shouldn’t it be bull shit instead? BS was the name of their former air chief after all.

I think he was being polite when what he really was trying call this indian assessment of a fight China ..... in simple terms ... "Horse $h!t"!!

I think he was being polite when what he really was trying call this indian assessment of a fight China ..... in simple terms ... "Horse $h!t"!!

I don't mind. It is better to be underestimated than taken seriously.

And if this j20 of theirs was really superior they wouldn't be buying su35s from Russia. This clearly shows that Chinese Jian is junk.
12 SU-35 is throwaway money for the chinese military. They could be bought for experimentation.
The less said in Ramzan, the better.

But if I was a bhakt - this would be the time to shut my hatch about useless military ramblings. Stop with all the foolish bravado.

Supapawa dreams while reality bites. They can't cremate people fast enough. Medical system pretty much collapsed.

Modi playing the zither like Nero while India literally burns. Indian reality is nangey (laid bare) to the world now.

Nobody believes India could become a superpower.

Last edited:
Yes - the MKi with cross section that makes Pakistani radars think its screaming for attention is going to survive against a VLO jet that has a weapon that outranges it.

The Rafale really is India’s savior but love to see the serviceability after 3 years. Not that I recommend pitting the Rafale against a AEW backed J-20 flight - will not end pretty.
If Rafale is not good enough against j-20, maybe, USA will release f-22 for india??

But you forget the MKi is an accomplished dodger :lol:
So what is wrong in MKI dodging missiles that are fired at it?? You expect to fly straight into them??

Does US / pak SOP ask pilots to fly straight into missiles rather than dodge them?

Multiple times I asked what would you have done different on feb-29. All of those questions met with silence. Maybe, you are a low-level in US armed forces, and don't have answers.

Novices (like me) in this forum expect too much from (who we think are) knowledgeable people like you.

I guess you are a pak origin US national, masquerading as american patriot.

But then I am expecting too much from people who frequent pdf. Sorry for wrong expectations.

Maybe, people who has real knowledge are not in this forum.....stupid me....

Last edited:
So what is wrong in MKI dodging missiles that are fired at it?? You expect to fly straight into them??

Does US / pak SOP ask pilots to fly straight into missiles rather than dodge them?

Multiple times I asked what would you have done different on feb-29. All of those questions met with silence. Maybe, you are a low-level in US armed forces, and don't have answers.

Novices (like me) in this forum expect too much from (who we think are) knowledgeable people like you.

I guess you are a pak origin US national, masquerading as american patriot.

But then I am expecting too much from people who frequent pdf. Sorry for wrong expectations.
Isn't MKI are for to intercept intruders in your airspace, if not so tell us what is the purpose of the induction of MKI in IAF lol
If Rafale is not good enough against j-20, maybe, USA will release f-22 for india??
F-22 is barred by the congress for export to any country lol

F-22 is not cleared for export - even to Israel. Heck clinton promised Israel the F-22 and yet congress upheld the ban. Finally, the production line has been locked up and bringing it back will be prohibitively expensive.
Plus India can purchase the F-35 today if it gives up the S-400. That is a good weapon system that in terms of sensors and weapons provides a good deterrent. However, the purported IAF pilot quoted in the article is correct. The J-20 is a sniper and will be used to cripple Indian C4I and HVAA. The J-11s, J-10Cs and J-16s are a plenty for the remaining Indian assets.

What India needs is a homegrown solution or it needs a loyal wingman type deal that can go against the hordes of Chinese and keep Indian pilots safe.

But you forget the MKi is an accomplished dodger :lol:
Interestingly, on a serious note if one tries to replay the 2/27/2019 scenario in something like Command MANO(widely respected as a highly accurate wargaming platform) https://www.warfaresims.com/?p=3885
the simulation makes not losing a PAF asset or two in the air situation that day near impossible. Which makes me think that it truly was the incompetence of Indian warfighters and their leadership that let the PAF pull off what they did that day.

Incompetence that can be rectified by changing leadership to competent ones and training - the result will be a much more costly impact to Pakistan or China than ANY Rafale or F-35z

Back
Top Bottom