Even as we live in a world of inequality, a tea-seller can become PM: Obama

12:01 PM
We welcome India's ambitious targets to combat climate change: Obama

11:53 AM
US wants to be India’s partnership in healthcare: Obama

11:45 AM
We believe in the people of India: President Obama

11:39 AM
President Obama ends his speech to the strains of the song Mitwa from Aamir Khan's Lagaan.

11:37 AM
And we are proud to be your friend and partner as you build the country of your dreams. Jai Hind !

US President Barack Obama
11:37 AM
As Americans, we believe in the promise of India. We believe in the people of India

Barack Obama
11:36 AM
We believe the circumstances of our birth need not dictate the arc of our lives: Obama

11:36 AM
We're home to glittering sky scrapers but also to poverty. We keep striving to the ideals of our constitution put to paper years ago: Obama

11:33 AM
As India wants to build better infrastructure we want to be first in line: Obama

11:33 AM
Obama: Indians and Americans are some of the hardest working people on earth

11:32 AM
You're not just going to define this nation, you're going to shape the world

Barack Obama
11:32 AM
Obama: I was more youthful when I first started this office.... I'm getting grey hair now

11:31 AM
Our nations are strongest when we empower our young people. You have to break down stereotypes, prejudices

Obama
11:31 AM
India will succeed so long as it is not splintered on religious lines. The peace we seek in the world begins in the human heart

Obama
11:30 AM
Want to give you carbon free energy that will help combat climate change: Obama

Every Indian can take pride in courage of humanitarian who liberates boys & girls from forced labor & exploitation—Kailash Satyarthi: Obama

'Bahut dhanyavad' for bringing us back to India: Obama

11:29 AM
President Obama talks about world peace

11:29 AM
No society is immune by the darkest impulses of man. More often, religion has been used to tap into it. Every person has the right to practice their religion how they choose. Free of persecution

Barack Obama
11:28 AM
In our lives, Michelle and myself have been strengthened by our Christian faith: Obama

We remember the wisdom of Gandhi. Diff religions are branches of same majestic tree. Your article 25 says people are free to practice their own religion: Obama

Relationship between US-India can be one of the defining partnerships of the century: Obama

11:27 AM
Obama: Across our two great countries we have Hindus & Muslims, Christians & Sikhs, Jews & Buddhists & Jains and so many faiths in India

11:26 AM
Every woman should be able to go about her day...& be safe & be treated with the respect & dignity that she deserves: Obama

11:26 AM
Every girl’s life matters. Every daughter deserves the same chance as our sons.

Obama
11:25 AM
When women are able to work, families are healthier, communities are wealthier & entire countries are more prosperous India

Barack Obama
11:25 AM
We know from experience that nations are more successful when their women are successful India: Obama

11:24 AM
Young women today are part of new generation making your voice heard, standing up, determined to play your part in India’s progress

Obama
11:24 AM
Michelle is not afraid to speak her mind or tell me when I'm wrong. In the US we’re still working to make sure women and girls have all the opportunities they deserve, and that they’re treated equally. Here in India, it’s the wives and mothers who so often hold families and communities together. Indian women have shown that they can succeed in every field: Obama

11:21 AM
India is defined by diverse cultures, creed, languages. When we were born, people who looked like us couldn't even vote in our country. There were times when I was treated differently because of the colour of my skin. My grandfather was a cook in the British army. Branches of Michelle's family were slaves as well as slave owners. A young boy delivering lunch on a bicycle, a young girl hauling a bucket of water. Even as we live in a world of inequality, a tea-seller can become Prime Minister. Everyone has a chance: President Barack Obama

11:19 AM
It's your generation and children that will be affected. I'll be gone by the time global warming hits us

Barack Obama
11:18 AM
America's carbon pollution is lowest than in two decades. We welcome India's ambitious targets to combat climate change. You don't have to bear it alone

US President Obama
With rising seas, melting himalyan glaciers, cyclones getting stronger and few countries than India will be affected: Obama on Climate issue

President Obama sheds a light on improved poverty condition in India

11:16 AM
I support a reformed UNSC with India as a permanent member. We stand united in the defence of our people

Obama
11:16 AM
As I said before, with power comes responsibility. India can help nations like Burma and Sri Lanka in this region. Together we can stand up against human trafficking and end the scourge of modern day slavery

US President Obama
11:13 AM
As India wants to build better infrastructure we want to be first in line : President Obama

11:12 AM
On the nuclear deal, we want to give you carbon free energy that will help combat climate change. In recent years, India has lifted more people out of poverty than any other country. We want to be partner as you help improve the health of people from backwaters of Kerala to banks of Ganga: Obama

11:11 AM
We're joining you in helping everyone have a bank account: Obama

11:11 AM
The world will be safer, more just place when our two democracies - largest and oldest - stand together

Obama
11:09 AM
America has the biggest Indian diaspora in the world. They make America stronger: Obama

11:09 AM
We look at India and see a reflection of ourselves. We are one of the few nations who have gone both to the moon & Mars. More than a hundred years ago America welcomed a son of India-Swami Vivekananda: Obama

11:08 AM
Senorita, bade bade deshon mein , chhotein chotein baatein hote rehta hain

Obama makes DDLJ reference
11:08 AM
Yesterday we saw the daredevils on their motorcycles. The secret service does not let me ride motorcycles, especially not on my head: President Obama

11:07 AM
For the first time we brought Diwali to the White House. US' relation with India can be one of the defining partnerships of this century: Obama

11:06 AM
Great honour to be the first US president to join you for Republic Day. Last time we celebrate festival of lights in Mumbai, danced with some children, unfortunately we couldn't arrange dancing this time: President Obama

11:04 AM
Relationship between US-India can be one of the defining partnerships of the century

US President Barack Obama
11:04 AM
"Bahut dhanyavad" for bringing us back to India: Obama

11:02 AM
Barack Obama starts his address with a namaste.

10:53 AM
When two peace Nobel laureates will speak, they will talk about peace and non-violence: Kailash Satyarthi on Obama meet.

10:48 AM
US President Barack Obama arrives at Siri Fort auditorium.

Barack Obama's Siri Fort address- The Times of India

These countries only love to get Arms to kill minorities..

Was a pretty good speech, Obama working his old 2008 campaign magic. :D

Obama: "Senorita, Bade bade deshon mein aisi...You know what I mean"......and I was like :lol:

Both Obama & Modi know how to hit right nerves very well.

Empty words mean nothing,especially the political subject.

Modi should catch this opportunity to get more good deals,such as free investment,weapons and so on.

However,as American usage,they will never sell at a loss.

A lot of emphasis on Womens rights and indirect aims at the caste system

Btw what has Sri Lanka and Myanmar have to do with modern day slavery ??

Rather interesting that Obama should choose to name (specifically) these two countries. These are the two countries where the internal political allegiance is torn between the US (& India) on one side and China on the other. Further, these are also the two countries that have in the recent past pulled away, even if just a little from Chinese sphere of influence.

Is this a not-so-indirect nudge to India to take a more proactive role in keeping these two nations away from the Chinese?

Rather interesting that Obama should choose to name (specifically) these two countries. These are the two countries where the internal political allegiance is torn between the US (& India) on one side and China on the other. Further, these are also the two countries that have in the recent past pulled away, even if just a little from Chinese sphere of influence.

Is this a not-so-indirect nudge to India to take a more proactive role in keeping these two nations away from the Chinese?

Yes.. A very good point.. I guess the emphasis was on power politics rather than perceived non exsitant social issues

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom