What's new

India blocks China entry into SAARC

I personally support if our government withdraw the Sri Lanka's membership from SAARC and maintain neutral status in the region.
SAARC is useless right now because Pakistan refuses to enter into multilateral trading treaty that everyone else including India is willing to.

To circumvent this problem, India created another group to which Pakistan was not invited and the rest of SAARC is members. And we have progressed there with treaties and trade.

I personally support if our government withdraw the Sri Lanka's membership from SAARC and maintain neutral status in the region.

You can do that , no one is forcing Srilanka. SAARC is a regional block and it will stay like that. SAARC will grow from strength to strength.

Too bad it doesn't work with anyone except Bangladesh. :laugh:
Works with every South Asian country except Pakistan.

And Pakistan is increasingly becoming non immune to Indian pressures on account of the growing economic and diplomatic disparities between the two.

Why not form alternative bloc around China but excluding india. Bangladesh, China, Pakistan, Srilanka, Maldives, Nepal, Myanmar and even Bhutan. And Leave an empty seat for Sikkim, illegally occupied by india.

Pakistan and SriLanka are sure in position to take up such initiative along with China. Bangladesh, once get rid of indian subservient regime, will follow along.
India has already formed an alternative bloc excluding Pakistan - who is the chief barrier in the success of SAARC. Sorry Jamaati!

Last edited:
What land? Tomorrow your CCP will say Uttarakhand and Himachal belong to them, so you expect us to give that to you as well?

Scram off.

Don't worry, its just a phase of history. Han chinese are confident in themselves because the 'decadent capitalist pigs' gave their children sweatshops to slave away in for a decade. Once they graduated to proper manufacturing, they felt it to be in their right to claim lands of faraway regions which have nothing to do with Han people.

I mean what relationship does a hong konger or shanghai resident have to do with himalayas, except it being part of his country through Mao's invasion and occupation? Has he ever been even remotely near there, lived there, connected culturally or spiritually with the people of this region? No. But because some Mongol or Manchu marauder made it pay tribute, the Han now has a claim to it.

If Genghis Khan and Jackie Chan is the same, then Babur is an Indian. No two ways about it. Shall we throw Mughal dynasty maps in the face of Afghans and Pakistanis now?

I mean most of the populations of India have a common substrate and combination of ASI/ANI (though in different proportions), what does an Iranic Tajik or Russian (both considered part of the 56 "Chinese" ethnic groups) have to do with the 97% Han majority? Amazing how some people can be so brazen in their imperialism.

Don't worry, its just a phase of history. Han chinese are confident in themselves because the 'decadent capitalist pigs' gave their children sweatshops to slave away in for a decade. Once they graduated to proper manufacturing, they felt it to be in their right to claim lands of faraway regions which have nothing to do with Han people.

I mean what relationship does a hong konger or shanghai resident have to do with himalayas, except it being part of his country through Mao's invasion and occupation? Has he ever been even remotely near there, lived there, connected culturally or spiritually with the people of this region? No. But because some Mongol or Manchu marauder made it pay tribute, the Han now has a claim to it.

If Genghis Khan and Jackie Chan is the same, then Babur is an Indian. No two ways about it. Shall we throw Mughal dynasty maps in the face of Afghans and Pakistanis now?

I mean most of the populations of India have a common substrate and combination of ASI/ANI (though in different proportions), what does an Iranic Tajik or Russian (both considered part of the 56 "Chinese" ethnic groups) have to do with the 97% Han majority? Amazing how some people can be so brazen in their imperialism.

Nice post dude !!!

I think there is no one here needed to be taught that India is only a geographical name in history. When talking about legitimacy, most parts of India should belongs to Pakistan who are the descents of Mughai Dynasty. By the way,the CCP never said China belongs to Han but all of the people who lived in the country, and we all call ourselves Chinese, no matter you like or dislike it; similarly, no Russians said Russia belongs to Russians but not Tartars live in Russia.
What is interesting is a yellow race people from North East "Indian" killed and is called by Indians as Chinese recent, maybe this indicate that in common Indians' eye, the whole North East part actually belongs to China.

I think there is no one here needed to be taught that India is only a geographical name in history. When talking about legitimacy, most parts of India should belongs to Pakistan who are the descents of Mughai Dynasty. By the way,the CCP never said China belongs to Han but all of the people who lived in the country, and we all call ourselves Chinese, no matter you like or dislike it; similarly, no Russians said Russia belongs to Russians but not Tartars live in Russia.
What is interesting is a yellow race people from North East "Indian" killed and is called by Indians as Chinese recent, maybe this indicate that in common Indians' eye, the whole North East part actually belongs to China.

Read like a script. Here's your two quarters.

Thanks, I'll buy some Clozapine and email to you for your kindness.

Actually changed my mind. In the mood for an AI to humour me.

Geographical name in history? Yes it was many kingdoms in between at least half a dozen strongly centralized empires. We did not have a kingdom of the mandate of heaven, but still managed to preserve our genetics largely the same as they were more than 20,000 years ago (according to recent studies). Secondly, your history is full of warring states periods, interlaced with complete subservience to foreigners from Manchus to Mongols. Your unity is derived from this abstract 'mandate of heaven' concept, which is more vague than the geographic definitions of 'Bharatvarsh' or 'Aryavarta' outlined in our 2,500 year old religious texts (before Qin unified a tiny portion of eastern PRC into one kingdom before promptly collapsing again).

Secondly, ask a common Tibetan, Uyghur or Mongolian whether they truly consider themselves Chinese, not by virtue of political and military occupation, but in spirit, culturally, historically, of their own free will. You probably have not, and never will. Neither does the censorship allow for an unbiased view. At least we know of the Gillanis Shirazis Tabrizis of the valley that don't consider themselves Indian (rightly so I might add), but you would never know outside of your CCP strewn bubble.

And thirdly, if skin color or eye shape is a measure of which country a person belongs to, then I suggest you use that and several other medicines to correct your dementia. Arabia now claim all brown skinned, round eyed people as their own? Foolish bot, this is where you expose your outdated software. Please get an upgrade from sector 2, ASAP, so that the next two quarters may be released.

What land? Tomorrow your CCP will say Uttarakhand and Himachal belong to them, so you expect us to give that to you as well?

Scram off.

I never expect the country with the loots will confess their thuggery and theft

LOL, this Indian Government is constantly cutting off its nose to spite its own face.

They made SAARC into a lop-sided useless organization plagued by infighting.

They turn down hundreds of billions of dollars of Chinese investment into "non-sensitive" sectors in India, despite their economic growth sagging to record lows. I can understand keeping investment out of sensitive sectors, but keeping investment out of non-sensitive sectors is just ridiculous.

Maybe if Modi comes into power, this kind of ridiculousness will end.

SAARC is rubbish. I wish Pakistan withdraws and focuses on ECO and SCO instead.

New Delhi, March 19: India has blocked a fresh thrust by China to join the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation, a grouping New Delhi dominates, arguing that the alliance first needs to clarify its objectives in strengthening ties with new partners.

The foreign ministry has communicated to all other member states of the Saarc —Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka — that it is uncomfortable with any expansion of the alliance at present, senior officials confirmed to The Telegraph.

The message to Saarc nations comes at a time Indian officials say China has increased aggressive lobbying with other member states to join the grouping as a full-fledged member.

China is already one of nine observer states — Australia, the US, the European Union, Iran, Japan, South Korea, Mauritius and Myanmar are the other observers. Observer states can collaborate with full members of Saarc on specific initiatives but do not have voting rights.

“We see absolutely no reason for the expansion of Saarc to include nations that do not directly share in the economy, culture and shared history of South Asia,” a senior official said.

South Asia’s growing strategic and economic importance has attracted efforts from key nations and alliances across the world to form partnerships with Saarc.

Already, this has led to a lopsided structure rare in the world of multilateral diplomacy — Saarc has more observers than actual full-fledged members. Indian officials accept that the grouping will need to be expanded at some stage.

But China’s hectic lobbying over the past few months with Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka has set off alarm bells in New Delhi. Though China has evinced interest in the past, this thrust, officials here said, has been more intense than ever before.

The introduction of China into the grouping would give these nations an option other than India, among major economies, to turn to for economic leadership within Saarc. But it would reduce India’s leverage within the grouping.

“Saarc needs to clarify its thinking on the nature and the direction of its relationships with partner states who have observer status,” external affairs minister Salman Khurshid told fellow foreign ministers at a Saarc meeting in Male recently.

“Some of the observer states have done commendable work with our association, but it is important that we define a clear set of policies and objectives for these relationships and their future direction, before we move further.”

But India’s move to stall progress on China’s hopes for full-fledged membership of Saarc also carries a cost, officials said.

Russia, one of India’s closest allies, and Turkey are keen to gain observer status with Saarc. But expanding observer states without increasing member nations will not be easy to justify given the grouping’s already lopsided structure, the officials said.

India blocks China entry into Saarc
What Is the point here We stop them they stop us what is the Point Here We Asians Never get over Over-Lapping Other Ambitions. Look At the EU how United They are Forgetting there Bloody past And Whereas We Asians Failed To Stand united. Thats Why We are Bullied By West in the past And In Present. Its Pity :(:(

Neither did I expect invading aggressors driven by communist lies to realize their folly.

That is the most absurd
The piece of land was stolen by the brits and they gifted the loot to you shamelessly

LOL, this Indian Government is constantly cutting off its nose to spite its own face.

They made SAARC into a lop-sided useless organization plagued by infighting.

They turn down hundreds of billions of dollars of Chinese investment into "non-sensitive" sectors in India, despite their economic growth sagging to record lows. I can understand keeping investment out of sensitive sectors, but keeping investment out of non-sensitive sectors is just ridiculous.

Maybe if Modi comes into power, this kind of ridiculousness will end.
Dude, why does China want to be part of SAARC. How are u anyways a part of SOUTH ASIA?

Back
Top Bottom