What's new

India blocks China entry into SAARC

I think that was their whole idea, to make SAARC so useless and inefficient that everyone would leave.

Good idea. :D The SCO is open for recruits!
Well SAARC is the the most useless club, even worse than ASEAN Six Plus.India should move away from SAARC and look eastward because it's a huge opportunity and they are the people we can get on terms with......

India-ASEAN trade was 80 Billion in 2013 and they are targeting 125 Billion by 2015.SAARC is only good for trading onions and tomatoes.

What can you expect from a organisation where every member has a different agenda and they keep going off into tangents.

It is useless anyway I think Pakistan should leave as well.

valid opinion opinion for lay people like us to have, but diplomatic calculations work differently i would think.

like it or not, the trajectory of history is such that all countries are moving towards closer integration with neighbours, and eventually in the form of multilateral organizations/alliances. you're suggesting we leave countries to the east for a multilateral footing with our western neighbours? what are the merits you perceive in excluding south asia from multilateral engagement in favour of solely engaging central/west asia?

my opinion would be to not put all eggs in one basket as such, pursue other org.'s and then weigh our options when the time comes to choose (hopefully never). at least for the short term it makes little sense given that our heritage and geography is grounded in south asia. better to help change a difficult situation than abandon it altogether, is a general philosophy i believe in.

China is not giving us entry in SCO and expect us to give them entry in SAARC :lol:

What do you think @Srinivas.??

Last edited:
Why don't South Asian form a your own organization with China exclused India? In geopolitic allow China to represent South Asia in the issue related to South Asia regional security because of China U.N veto power with both economy and military power in the region? In regional conflict China sole purpose to meditiate and iron out the different? In economy everyone can be a equal partnership with the bilateral trade in the region?

:disagree:
LOL, this Indian Government is constantly cutting off its nose to spite its own face.

They made SAARC into a lop-sided useless organization plagued by infighting.

They turn down hundreds of billions of dollars of Chinese investment into "non-sensitive" sectors in India, despite their economic growth sagging to record lows. I can understand keeping investment out of sensitive sectors, but keeping investment out of non-sensitive sectors is just ridiculous.

Maybe if Modi comes into power, this kind of ridiculousness will end.
I don't understand why chinese like modi so much? he is not 'Chinese friendly'.

I don't understand why chinese like modi so much? he is not 'Chinese friendly'.

I think I explained this to you before?

Doesn't matter which party wins, they will all be equally anti-China. Same with the Democrats and the Republicans.

The difference is that economic right-wingers are pro-business/trade and pro-investment. And that is how we can benefit.

If he committed "crimes" against Indian citizens, tell me why should I feel bad about that? They are not my citizens. I will not shed fake tears over something I care nothing about.

Back
Top Bottom