What's new

India Become No. 1 in Test Cricket !

I humbly requst you to keep "flaming" topics like "caste" etc away from this thread which would rather spoil it.

first time I heard that term being referred to as "flaming"...oh well

OK, not meaning to offend, just been wondering, so allow me pls:

Why is it you guys (Pak, Ind) can not just drop this colonial legacy play and focus on more worldly popular sports ?

One does not focus on something because everyone around him does so ..... it comes from the heart and soul of a nation and for us cricket is that.

Every Indian kid, even the nerdy plump spectacled ones, who do not have a single sporting gene in their DNA, would have played cricket as a kid.

Cheers, Doc

Go india! lol. Hopefully Australia will take the spot soon. It will be ages before they do, the current team is ****.

Why is it you guys (Pak, Ind) can not just drop this colonial legacy play and focus on more worldly popular sports ?

Cricket is a world sport. The World Series Cup is played by 9 different countries. It's not a "colonial" sport.

umm...at least what, 5 of those are former colonies ?

A Sport is a Sport and Cricket is Played in US , Australia, New zealand ,Britain, Canada +++ .
The Glass is Not Just Half Empty - Its Half Full as well.

Cricket is a bat-and-ball team sport that is first documented as being played in southern England in the 16th century. By the end of the 18th century, cricket had developed to the point where it had become the national sport of England. The expansion of the British Empire led to cricket being played overseas and by the mid-19th century the first international matches were being held. Today, the game's governing body, the International Cricket Council (ICC), has 104 member countries.[1] With its greatest popularity in the Test playing countries, cricket is widely regarded as the world's second most popular spor

....Every Indian kid, even the nerdy plump spectacled ones.....

yes, yes, I know, I really do. That's why I ask the question
Been hearing Indian guys talk about since 98.
Yeah I guess something just ingrains into a cultulre or national character.

Why football cant progress in india?
ans-
Media Hype for cricket and player.....as the result children see cricket as the charming sports....companies promots crick player...
so there is no future of football in India.

umm...at least what, 5 of those are former colonies ?

So? Just because they are not colonies any more doesn't mean they have to drop the sport, it's not like the sport was forced upon the population. Cricket is good and fun.

If you can find a clip from YouTube or something that shows a US broadcaster reporting about Cricket, I will paypal you a dollar and do this : :hitwall:

So you are saying if cricket played in the US is not broadcasted over tv it is not being played? that's funny, very funny.

There are players of cricket in nearly all countries, it may not be very very opular but there is still players. The US has 5 local cricket teams i believe, no national team though.

http://www.usaca.org/

Look, look before you speak. When you write something, make sure you know what you are talking about.

Great news....we are NUMERO UNO!!.....btw,apart from india i also shout my throat out for the MOHUN BAGAN team!.....you guys heard bout mohun bagan right???

If you can find a clip from YouTube or something that shows a US broadcaster reporting about Cricket, I will paypal you a dollar and do this : :hitwall:

I said "Playing" NOT Broadcasting !

The history of United States cricket begins in the eighteenth century. Among early Americans, cricket was as popular a bat and ball game as baseball. Though Americans generally never played cricket in great numbers, it did enjoy an initial period of sustained growth.[1] Around the time of the United States Civil War, the game began competing with baseball for participants, and cricket slowly declined in popularity. This was followed again by a brief golden age with the Philadelphian cricket team. This lasted until roughly the start of World War I, at which time cricket again became less popular. In the latter part of the twentieth century immigrants from cricket playing nations in south Asia and the West Indies helped spark a resurgence in the game's popularity. This led to participation and success in several International Cricket Council events. In 2007, the United States of America Cricket Association was suspended by the ICC because of problems with its administration, but was again recognized beginning in 2008.

In 1965, the Imperial Cricket Conference changed its name to the International Cricket Conference. In addition, new rules were adopted to permit the election of countries from outside the Commonwealth. This led to the expansion of the Conference, with the admission of Associate Members, including the United States. Today cricket is played in all fifty states.[17]

The USA have played in every edition of the ICC Trophy, though they didn't pass the first round until the 1990 tournament in the Netherlands. They reached the plate final of the 1994 tournament, but opted not to play due to prior travel arrangements. They finished twelfth in 1997 and sixth in 2001, their best performance to date. They have also played in every edition of the ICC Americas Championship, winning in 2002.[18]

In 2004, the United States cricket team played a first-class match as part of the first ICC Intercontinental Cup. The matches against Canada and Bermuda were the first in many years.[18] The team won the ICC 6 Nations Challenge beating Scotland, Namibia, the Netherlands, and the UAE on net run rate by 0.028 of a run.[19]

Winning the ICC Six Nations meant that they qualified for the ICC Champions Trophy 2004 in England. Here the USA played their first ever One Day International match against New Zealand at The Oval on 10 September 2004.[20] The US side was beaten by New Zealand and lost to Australia in the tournament, as well.[21]

The 2005 ICC Trophy represented a chance for the USA to re-establish themselves on the world stage and qualify for the 2007 World Cup. A poor showing saw them finish at the bottom of their group, with four losses and a match abandoned due to rain from their five group fixtures. This failure robbed the USA of the prize of full One Day International status on offer to the World Cup qualifiers.[18] This failure was compounded on August 9, 2005 when the ICC expelled the USA from the 2005 ICC Intercontinental Cup.[22]

The USA made their return to international cricket in August 2006 when they participated in Division One of the ICC Americas Championship in Canada.[23] They finished second in the five team tournament.[24]

In May 2007 the USA were to visit Darwin, Australia to take part in Division Three of the ICC World Cricket League.[25] A top two finish in this tournament would have qualified them for Division Two of the same tournament later in the year.[25] Unfortunately, the United States of America Cricket Association was suspended from the ICC and the team was pulled from this competition.[26] The suspension was due to an internal dispute over a constitution for the USACA. The dispute was resolved in early 2008, and the suspension was lifted on April 1 of that year.

The team's reinstatement permitted them to enter the World Cricket League in Division Five for 2008 in Jersey. The team made it through the Group Stage tied for first in their division with a 4-0-0 record (one match abandoned),[27] but lost both their semi-final match with Jersey and their third-place play-off with Nepal.[28] They will play in Division Five again in 2010.

YOUR VIDEOS :: Here

So? Just because they are not colonies any more doesn't mean they have to drop the sport, it's not like the sport was forced upon the population. Cricket is good and fun.

So you are saying if cricket played in the US is not broadcasted over tv it is not being played? that's funny, very funny.

There are players of cricket in nearly all countries, it may not be very very opular but there is still players. The US has 5 local cricket teams i believe, no national team though.

USA Cricket Association | Associate member of International Cricket Council

Look, look before you speak. When you write something, make sure you know what you are talking about.

USA Cricket Association | Associate member of International Cricket Council

Great news....we are NUMERO UNO!!.....btw,apart from india i also shout my throat out for the MOHUN BAGAN team!.....you guys heard bout mohun bagan right???

Yea i know.....Ghar ka sher(Tiger only in home)...:rofl:

WHERE the heck did I say that ????

This is US - 300 Mil people, ALL kinds of races/ethnic groups - everything happens here, somewhere, one way or another, OK ? Agree ?

What I'm trying to imply is it is NOT even in the "minor" stream whatsover - never mind the main stream.
Been here 30 years, I think I know America better than you know about Autralia.

Back
Top Bottom