What's new

India beat England by 20 runs

So you work hard extra on batsman?? I believe indians always have that ability to read match situation. Usualy they dont panic in batting, and we all know there chasing ability, no matter what the score is.

Well what I mean to say is if you want to train a young man to be a class pacer, The amount of time needed is just too much. You gotta work on his arm for strength then its coordination with back and rest of the body so that he can produce the needed bounce on flat pitches. Then one needs experience for different types of balls e.g. swing , seem etc.This is in addition to the general fitness of an athlete.

Relatively speaking batting is easy. You need to get hand eye and posture correct. Rest things sort out on their own with practice.

Well what I mean to say is if you want to train a young man to be a class pacer, The amount of time needed is just too much. You gotta work on his arm for strength then its coordination with back and rest of the body so that he can produce the needed bounce on flat pitches. Then one needs experience for different types of balls e.g. swing , seem etc.This is in addition to the general fitness of an athlete.

Relatively speaking batting is easy. You need to get hand eye and posture correct. Rest things sort out on their own with practice.
Why arent World Class spiners coming from india? India was once known for world's best spinners. I think t20 stuff has very much dented spin bowling dept across the globe. Where is Harbajan singh, he was a very good bowler.

Why arent World Class spiners coming from india? India was once known for world's best spinners. I think t20 stuff has very much dented spin bowling dept across the globe. Where is Harbajan singh, he was a very good bowler.
Well, T20 is a double edged sword.
One the one hand its brought money to much needed people. I mean sure you here contracts going out to foreign players worth 10s of millions of INR. Before IPL the players who were good but not in the national spotlight were just getting by. I remember reading about a Ranji player who had no money to arrange for wife's delivery. Later he was one of the better earners and could afford a modest life after IPL.

But the intense format of the game has taken its toll, and the focus has shifted from "How do I get a wicket" to "How do I restrict runs". And this has happened all over the world.

Well, T20 is a double edged sword.
One the one hand its brought money to much needed people. I mean sure you here contracts going out to foreign players worth 10s of millions of INR. Before IPL the players who were good but not in the national spotlight were just getting by. I remember reading about a Ranji player who had no money to arrange for wife's delivery. Later he was one of the better earners and could afford a modest life after IPL.

But the intense format of the game has taken its toll, and the focus has shifted from "How do I get a wicket" to "How do I restrict runs". And this has happened all over the world.
Thats right, money is a major factor.

You guy can watch highlight of all matches in here

T20 World Cup Videos | ICC T20 World Cup 2014

Pakistan has good history in t20 but its Pakistan they can lose at any time and at any position against any team :D

Pakistan

Pakistan is the most consistent nation in ICC World Twenty20 history, having reached at least the semi-final stage in all four tournaments. It also has the joint-most wins (16) at ICC World Twenty20 tournaments. It was runner-up to India in the inaugural competition in 2007 after losing a thrilling final at Johannesburg by five runs. It won the next ICC World Twenty20 in 2009 when it beat Sri Lanka at Lord’s, with Shahid Afridi (54 not out from 40 balls) starring in a comfortable eight-wicket win. It was losing a semi-finalist in the 2010 and 2012 tournaments, defeated by Australia and Sri Lanka respectively. Pakistan has (up to the end of January) played more Twenty20 Internationals (78) than any other nation, winning 47 and losing 29. It won eight and lost four of its T20Is in 2013. The three leading wicket-takers in T20I history are all from Pakistan and off-spinner Saeed Ajmal heads the list with 81. In addition, Pakistan won the ICC Cricket World Cup in 1992, was runner-up to Australia in 1999 and has been a semi-finalist on four other occasions.

Back
Top Bottom