What's new

India bans US broadcaster Barsamian from entry

In Indian territory, India makes rule. I heard something similar about another country only yesterday. India can refuse entry to anyone without the need to explain it to bunch of whiners:)

Topic: our country, our rules. we'll decide who's allowed here, who's not.

Well, even though this is a bit off-topic - the main point in India's interests in Bangladesh is the transit issue. This interest has been around ever since the 70s. Especially considering that the NE parts of India are a bit...shaky.

But then, theoretically, the transit through Bangladesh is a win-win scenario for both countries. The question is, would Bangladesh reap the benefits from this? Considering the kind of leadership Bangladesh has been under ever since the post Ershad era? That is, from a practical point of view.

As far proof goes, I don't think The Economist puts up random gibberish out of nowhere. And this matter has been discussed in Bangladesh well before the article was even published.

Understand that during the previous BNP administration, Bangladesh was used as a facility to arm ULFA rebels. Funding came from other sources.

India even helped Hasina and other key AL leaders out of prison during the caretaker government.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/131976-hasina-felt-indebted-india-support-wiki.html

India and Bangladesh had been fighting a virtual covert war for the past 40 years since Bangladesh's creation.

Therefore, India's interests in Bangladesh are valid considering the factors present there.

Your political parties should decide first what exactly they want from India. it confuses us as to what exactly are you guys demanding. if your govt feels it doesn't benefit them they should refuse to sign contract and stick to their decision. If your parties can sort out differences and think over it, both countries can benefit from transit.

India and Bangladesh had been fighting a virtual covert war for the past 40 years since Bangladesh's creation.

it needs to turn overt now. most Indians are in the dark about country's relationship with BD. they need to change their view of BD as "friendly, brotherly country" to something else.

As far proof goes, I don't think The Economist puts up random gibberish out of nowhere.

..this time it has done so.

I have been to kashmir.........i've talked with people there.......they do not want to seperate from india........the last protests were for killing of innocents by the BSF........only the separatists like gilani saw the opportunity to cash in on popularity by supporting a popular issue......which also gave a feling like the protest was for a seperation......politicians there also do not want to seperate from india......as they enjoy quite a few facilities by being a part of india.......neither mehbooba mufti..nor omar abdulla supports a seperatist line.......they r the political leaders there, who represent the kashmiris.......if they do not support seperation then where from all these guys from pakistan come and state that Kashmir wants to seperate from india......:lol:

There is something called house rules..Those who don't like it,they can close their eyes or concentrate about issues in their own home.

Good ..ban him from entering india...

Let him come to kashmir or srinagar from pakistan side...then we will welcome in a good manner ;)

National Integrity First!!!

Topic: our country, our rules. we'll decide who's allowed here, who's not.

Guarding national security is one thing, but banning some magazine (a well renowned one) is kind of an out-dated model of thinking if you ask me. But then, it still happens today in mostly authoritarian states.

As far as Jammu & Kashmir is concerned, I think it is best to leave it the way it is. But then, you'd always expect some people to write down their views countering that :lol: It is part of their careers after all.

Your political parties should decide first what exactly they want from India. it confuses us as to what exactly are you guys demanding. if your govt feels it doesn't benefit them they should refuse to sign contract and stick to their decision. If your parties can sort out differences and think over it, both countries can benefit from transit.

That's the problem with mainstream political parties in Bangladesh.

But considering the amount of money the present government is borrowing, and the inflation rates kicking in, I think the transit deal has to wait for a long time. But then, as long as the Congress Party remain, they'd have their sights on the transit no matter what.

it needs to turn overt now. most Indians are in the dark about country's relationship with BD. they need to change their view of BD as "friendly, brotherly country" to something else.

And, what would that change of view be? :whistle:

..this time it has done so.

And how can you be so certain of this?

I'd like to reiterate to all those folks who feel this is unfair. "Our country, Our rules. If you don't like it, take a hike". J&K is not a disputed territory as far as India or Indians are concerned and there must be no distortion of this stance by anyone within the Indian sphere of control.
Regards,

Pakistan bans facebook and youtube, how twisted is that.

Guarding national security is one thing, but banning media is kind of an out-dated model of thinking if you ask me. But then, it still happens today in mostly authoritarian states.

We do have a free media here. Criticism is welcome,as long as it is constructive.We wont allow anything that is directly against the national interests.You should do the same if you are conscious about your own country and nationalistic by nature.

Guarding national security is one thing, but banning some magazine (a well renowned one) is kind of an out-dated model of thinking if you ask me. But then, it still happens today in mostly authoritarian states.

As far as Jammu & Kashmir is concerned, I think it is best to leave it the way it is. But then, you'd always expect some people to write down their views countering that :lol: It is part of their careers after all.

-wutever.

we think what we're doing is right.

That's the problem with mainstream political parties in Bangladesh.

But considering the amount of money the present government is borrowing, and the inflation rates kicking in, I think the transit deal has to wait for a long time. But then, as long as the Congress Party remain, they'd have their sights on the transit no matter what.

What has transit deal got to do with congress? wouldn't BJP be keen to sign a deal that benefits India?

or is it that Bjp being a bit right-wing'ish your parties have different view of them ?

And, what would that change of view be? :whistle:

much different then what senior indian members on pdf have of BD. ;)

And how can you be so certain of this?

If they had any proof, they would have provided it before making such an accusation against a govt.

What has transit deal got to do with congress? wouldn't BJP be keen to sign a deal that benefits India?

or is it that Bjp being a bit right-wing'ish your parties have different view of them ?

It is not about being right or left. It appears to be more 'family oriented' as far as the relationship between Congress and Awami League go. It is just that their relationship is...passionate.

much different then what senior indian members on pdf have of BD. ;)

:eek:

If they had any proof, they would have provided it before making such an accusation against a govt.

Perhaps in time. They don't provide proof for security reasons. The current ruling AL doesn't have a great human rights record. Imagine if the names of the leakers are gone public.

But then, corruption is never a good thing. We can all agree on that ;)

^^I don't think what congress is doing w.r.t transit has anything to do with their personal relationship with AL. They just want to get it done while AL is in power. nothing personal their. Their 'relationship' with AL is a bit over-rated by some of BD'shis.

But, would be better if transit deal (if we reach any agreements) is signed with a BNP govt.

For your second point - Until they provide a proof for their accusations, it will be viewed as their opinion not a fact.

So, we can stop stop using it to earn brownie point against AL & India.

so i am seeing that indias have suddenly realized that its theirs country their rules-
well let me say my country my rules- you all can fcuk off this forum- :lol:
sounds reasonable isn't it?-

so i am seeing that indias have suddenly realized that its theirs country their rules-
well let me say my country my rules- you all can fcuk off this forum- :lol:
sounds reasonable isn't it?-

You have already started creating virtual territories?What will happen to the real one?

BTW,I did a little check and found out,this website is being hosted by Awknet Communications,based in Los Angeles,CA,USA,not Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom