What's new

INDIA, BANGLADESH EMBARK ON STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP SILENTLY

First off...I think you need to relearn the meaning of culture.....

Yes I agree that a Hindu Bengali and a Muslim Bengali may have some different cultures on account of religious practices etc.....however the culture we refer to is in the traditional sense....which stems from people living in a geographical area for thousands of years....

You're rationalizing with us that the effect of 39 years of your country's existance has moulded BD more than thousands of years of culture and tradition? You're name Bangladesh itself attest to your existance and culture of being Bengali....similar to a person from WB

No matter how much you deny...the traditional clothes , food, music, sports etc that "Bengalis" enjoy remain the same for WB and BD...thats what culture is....

Please point out how culture...as defined by the above is different for BD and WB? You keep repeating the same, but Id like you to prove it with examples...

You have claimed earlier that the younger generation is more westernized.....fine....and thats a valid point....

But being that a majority of your population is poor, as well as not urban....what exactly gives you the idea that a "majority" of BD people have adopted a new culture?
People in villages, young or old follow the same patterns as their ancestors wrt clothes, food, music, language and traditions.....
So are you basing your opinion on observation of a miniscule urbanized population? Please explain....

We are equally annoyed by an ungrateful bunch of paranoid folks that externalize their frustrations and their lack of economic sucess to some vague conspiracy theory to justify their plight!

You still don't get it do you, the culture you’re talking about IS what has changed, the food eaten in Bangladesh is not exactly the same as WB, traditional clothes (please get real, its homoginous western clothes everywhere, our cottage industry died with mass garment manufacturing), the music we listen to, even the way we speak Bengali has changed (I have observed this over 20 years).

How can you know about this unless you visit both places, you keep deluding yourself with that arrogant superiority complex that you think, people in Bangladesh still live in mud huts. The villages of yesteryear have disappeared; there have been rapid changes in our society for both good and bad.

I have very close connection with DFID in Bangladesh (where I spend half of the year urban and rural), so I have a pretty good idea about these matters.

THIS exactly what annoys us that a T**T like you thinks you know more about a Bangladeshi then a Bangladeshi does, get off your high horse, read more on BD & learn to respect others.

You still don't get it do you, the culture you’re talking about IS what has changed, the food eaten in Bangladesh is not exactly the same as WB, traditional clothes (please get real, its homoginous western clothes everywhere, our cottage industry died with mass garment manufacturing), the music we listen to, even the way we speak Bengali has changed (I have observed this over 20 years).

How can you know about this unless you visit both places, you keep deluding yourself with that arrogant superiority complex that you think, people in Bangladesh still live in mud huts. The villages of yesteryear have disappeared; there have been rapid changes in our society for both good and bad.

I have very close connection with DFID in Bangladesh (where I spend half of the year urban and rural), so I have a pretty good idea about these matters.

THIS exactly what annoys us that a T**T like you thinks you know more about a Bangladeshi then a Bangladeshi does, get off your high horse, read more on BD & learn to respect others.

I have sufficiently explained myself to you about the culture and traditions that WBengalis and BDeshis have in common...a culture is called so because it is evident over time and remains unchanged...... As I mentioned, there is not one single instance of where you have shown me with examples in articles or otherwise that traditional "Bengali" culture has become extinct in BD.....SORRY but your experiences dont count....

If a new culture has emerged in Bangladesh....it becomes a Bangladeshi custom NOT a "Bengali" custom, culture or tradition.....Bengali customs and traditions remain intact in BD....prove me wrong with some literature

Anyways....since you're on the path of imbecility and personal attack....consider this my last reply to you unless you can prove me wrong on the above through reported evidence....or unless you have something constructive to add....

I disagree with you. I am from eastern part of India and visited Bangaldesh several times. It is very much similar to Indian counterpart. The literature, the cuisine, the songs are very much common.

For f***s sake when will you guys realize we are not “West Bengalis” we are Bangladeshis, apart from may be the colour our skin, we have practically nothing in common to someone from Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra etc, and very little with people from WB.

1) “normal for rest of India to assume BD has same culture as West Bengal” here is your mistake Abir, you’re in the assumption that there has been no change in the last half century, or assuming changes that have happened in WB and BD are in parallel. Culture which is difficult to define in the best of times and is not static things, over the last 2 generations our lives have veered in different directions.
How do I know this? Simple, from actual observation over 2 decades, the problem is Indians think all Bengalis are the same, irrespective of whether they come from WB or Bangladesh without ever visiting both places and finding out the facts.

2) I frankly couldn’t care less if Indians buy Chinese goods or Indian goods; I am just giving you the facts.

What annoys Bangladeshis is Indians saying what or who we are, how we should do this or that , that we should be grateful in perpetuity for their help etc etc, when they haven’t a clue.

Hi,

Probably I hadn't been precise to my point. Once again, not trying to prove any similarity West Bengal has with BD. It's only normal to assume the culture will differ because of 50 years of segregation and no cultural exchange. But still it's also normal for rest of Indians not being able to comprehend the subtle differences WB and BD have between them. I can't differentiate a Sri Lankan Tamil and Indian Tamil. Heck I can't even pick a Tamil from a Kannadinga or Keralite. It's not their fault, don't be annoyed. BD certainly has curved an identity of her own, as did West Bengal.

Still, it's more easier for you people to do business with us than to Chinese or Americans and vice-versa. Differences we have are not enough for going at each others neck(pun intended!).

I do agree with you about being perpetually grateful. I don't think those who actually walked the walk have that mindset.

Most people hate India in Bangladesh as well as most Indian neighbors. There must be some good reason and all these people can be wrong. Inidan needs to be broken down to many pieces if we ever going to see peace and stability around S.A. :tup:

All indian neighbors working to break India so it can not be undone. ;)

yeah it has to happen sometime soon right? after all you all have been trying for 63 years ;)

seriously, stop your india obsession and start concentrating on your own country. aside from criticising everything i haven't seen you suggest a single thing to help the people of your country. or even being proud of your country's heritage, culture etc.

I pity you.

To all Indian members...

Why are ew satisfying the ego of some people and getting our country bashed????...

We are not here to convince anyone that we are a great nation.
We are not here to get anybody on our side.
We are not here to globalize south asea, we have issues of our own.

If anybody is not happy then let them handle their country and leave ours to us...

We didnt elect their govt, we elected ours and a wise one.

Some people are jealous about it, and let them burn!!!!!...

Most people hate India in Bangladesh as well as most Indian neighbors. There must be some good reason and all these people can be wrong. Inidan needs to be broken down to many pieces if we ever going to see peace and stability around S.A.

All indian neighbors working to break India so it can not be undone.

:lol::lol::lol:

Ya ya ya, break India... that leads to everlasting peace :lol::lol:

Your idiocy is only matched by your hatred. Luckily, both don't concern us. We don't care a rats a$$ who hates us, infact we expect more and more people to hate us in future, its only natural. We are only interested in getting our interests served, and thats happening very very well.

Great going Bharat and Bharati dalals, we rock!!! :D:D:D

It has to be the longest running most stupidest thread on :pdf:

The article that started the thread was written by two Indians. So now we have Indians calling other Indians stupid. As I said before the whole idea of India-Bangladesh strategic alignment is stupid so we are in agreement on one thing at least.

The article that started the thread was written by two Indians. So now we have Indians calling other Indians stupid. As I said before the whole idea of India-Bangladesh strategic alignment is stupid so we are in agreement on one thing at least.

You are so poor in deductive reasoning aren't you?

In case you couldn't comprehend,

A thread being stupid is different from the article which started that thread being stupid.

TADA:wave:

:lol:

Ya ya ya, break India... that leads to everlasting peace :lol::lol:

Your idiocy is only matched by your hatred. Luckily, both don't concern us. We don't care a rats a$$ who hates us, infact we expect more and more people to hate us in future, its only natural. We are only interested in getting our interests served, and thats happening very very well.

Great going Bharat and Bharati dalals, we rock!!! :D:D:D

HAATHI CHALE BAZAAR...KUTTE BHONKE HAZAAR :lol:

English: The elephant rambles at ease while the dogs bark!:P

You are so poor in deductive reasoning aren't you?

In case you couldn't comprehend,

A thread being stupid is different from the article which started that thread being stupid.

TADA:wave:

If you Indians stopped flaming the thread then we could have a decent discussion on why strategic alignment is simply not in Bangladesh's interest. It would not be a partnership of equals and Bangladesh would be expected to carry most of the burden while India derives all the benefit. For Bangladesh alignment with China makes more sense. Even neutrality between the two is in Bangladesh's interest but India will not accept that.

hmmmm,,, heres the counter attack:sniper:

"haati kadae porle chamchikao o laathi maare"
english: Even Bats kick the elephant when its stuck in the mud

:rofl:
How about mouse? I guess the elephants kinda afraid of everything.:P

Last edited:
hmmmm,,, heres the counter attack:sniper:

"haati kadae porle chamchikao o laathi maare"
english: Even Bats kick the elephant when its stuck in the mud

:rofl:

Just cool your mind, wait a minute and think (if you can)...your proverb works more in India's favour than Bangaldesh's.

Jumping on keyboard can result in serious gaffe's at times just like the one you just now committed.

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom