What's new

India bags mining rights for 3 Afghan mines

thats even worse.....do you think the contracts awarded by karzai government will be respected by all warring factions in afghanistan?
karzai means nothing.

He is still the president. And Contracts have been awarded to Chinese companies also. Lets see who makes the most of Afghan's natural wealth

Before you will spit any venom on India, let me tell you India has 4th largest Iron Ore reserve in the world. It is just Indian FDI in Afghanistan.

This war is against evil alliance of Taliban and Al-Qaida.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Highway is already there with completion of Zarang-Delaram section and India is already going to build 900km rail line connecting Chabahar to Hajigak and Iran is showing full support for that.

Its all about the money.
My friend why would I spit any venom on India, Thanks to Indian Iron Ore in Gova China is building tanks and Gova is getting richer. I don't hate India its all who is in your interest on what or what not. example: if Taliban start jihad against China , US will be their biggest supporter , its all whats in your interest or not , religion is just a excuse.

well good luck with that...starting from pre history to recent history and present day...all world powers tried to tame the riches of afghanistan and all failed miserably.....
Thanks....
Sell us (or Mittal) pakistan steel mill...and everybody's ( pakistan included) problem is solved.
Now ..U can be happy too.

My friend why would I spit any venom on India, Thanks to Indian Iron Ore in Gova China is building tanks and Gova is getting richer. I don't hate India its all who is in your interest on what or what not. example: if Taliban start jihad agaist China , US will be their biggest supporter , its all whats in your interest or not , religion is just a excuse.

Thank you for that, we can give some the ore to China to build Railway engines for Pakistan, it will also enrich Goa as well as Pakistan and China.

people always keep saying that, but karzai has remained in power till now, US is not a fool, if they are leaving before 2014, they will have a plan to make sure that afghanistan doesn't falls in the hands of taliban......

Don't worry, we are too much into wars that even our infants know the tactics to fight!

Almost 50%+ area of Afghanistan's control will be transferred to ANA/ANP/NDS: BBC News - Afghan president announces second troop transition

With Allah's grace our security forces will come victorious to these challenges and despite of Taliban's many try they didn't fall from the last 7 places they took control.

Don't worry, we are too much into wars that even our infants know the tactics to fight!

Almost 50%+ area of Afghanistan's control will be transferred to ANA/ANP/NDS: BBC News - Afghan president announces second troop transition

With Allah's grace our security forces will come victorious to these challenges and despite of Taliban's many try they didn't fall from the last 7 places they took control.

with allah's grace and with india's help, we will be victorious......

I guess India already deployed it's own security personnel for it's projects in Afghanistan and without rail line to Iran it's production and export would be hell impossible for India via Pakistan thus the parliamentary talks have started on rail line from Hajigak to Charbahar port.

This rail line will not only help glowing this project but also cuts our full dependency on Pakistan and will further boost our good relations with Iran.

The last time I heard, the Chabahar port was only operating at 2.5 million tons per year capacity. It is quite a small port.

The last time I heard, the Chabahar port was only operating at 2.5 million tons per year capacity. It is quite a small port.

Well, formally Iran's ambassador to Afghanistan told the media that Iran's Chabahar port is ready and have all stock equipments with international standards but our government turned deaf ear to him, may be because of uncle sam, but bro it doesn't mean we are against transit via Pakistan and there should be alternative to this route because on monthly basis we are facing hurdles due to NATO.

And I don't know why Pakistani companies are not interested in such project? participation of Pakistan in such projects will bring stability to both nations.

Way to go india and this consortium looks very powerful...

To set up steel plants in Afganistan - do Afganistan has coal or gas to sustain a steel plant ?or to buy ore and transfer somewhere else ..how..Charbahar ?? or sell them to Iran or pakistan?
India is developing Chabahar port in Iran its very close to the mines. Also, India is building rail link to Chabahar from these mining areas. From Chabahar these ores will be unloaded in Gujrat for our use.

IndiaplanstobuildAfghanIranraillink_35112.jpg

India plans to build Afghan-Iran rail link | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

well good luck with that...starting from pre history to recent history and present day...all world powers tried to tame the riches of afghanistan and all failed miserably.....
Not this time:cool:

New Delhi: In a strategically significant development, Afghanistan today awarded mining rights for three Hajigak blocks located at the central Bamyan province to an Indian consortium led by state-run Steel Authority of India (SAIL).

"The Afghan Iron and Steel Consortium (AFISCO) which comprises SAIL, NMDC, Monnet Ispat & Energy, RINL, JSW Steel, Jindal Steel & Power, JSW Ispat has been awarded three blocks...," the Afgan Ministry of Mines announced.

The Hajigak resources contain an estimated 1.8 billion tonnes of iron ore.

"This is a historical moment in our economy, not just bringing huge investment, but also an important step in developing our vast mineral resources which is the key to the sustainability of economic growth in the country," Afgan Mines Minister Wahidullah Shahrani said in a statement.

The Afghan government had invited bids to award development rights for four mines in Hajigak earlier this year and the last date for submission of bids was September 4.

The fourth block has been given to a Canadian firm, Kilo Gold Company.

The Indian consortium had proposed setting up mines and a steel plant in the war-torn country.

"AIFSCO brings a tremendous array of expertise, technical, financial and physical resources; mining and steel production experience developed over more than 100 years in India and internationally," the statement said.

SAIL Chairman C S Verma said he is yet to receive an official intimation from the Afghan government. "The Hajigak Iron Ore deposits consist of four blocks - A, B, C and D. The estimated iron ore reserves is approximately 484, 930 and 357 million tonnes in A, B and C blocks respectively while D block has small reserves," he said.

Source: Steel Authority of India bags mining rights for 3 Afghan mines

ey afghan be happy, how this war is turning, you indian sellout afghans will be soon deported by pakistani orders from afghanistan to indian ocean :lol::lol::lol:

Best of luck for India-Afghanistan friendship for rest grapes are sour :taz:

china don't want unstable or extremist Afghanistan as its poses a threat to china's Uighur region and china also have some mining rights in Afghanistan.

ey afghan be happy, how this war is turning, you indian sellout afghans will be soon deported by pakistani orders from afghanistan to indian ocean :lol::lol::lol:

What is this??????????

When pakistan was giving MFN status to India Afghanistan have not objected or said that you have sold out to India, :disagree: its a internal matter of Afghanistan.

Also, try to provide route to India and pakistan will also gain from this.

Ab to jaag jao, aur amreeka ki haqiqat pehchan jao.

Best of luck for India-Afghanistan friendship for rest grapes are sour :taz:

china don't want unstable or extremist Afghanistan as its poses a threat to china's Uighur region and china also have some mining rights in Afghanistan.

China is already enjoying extraction of Copper and Oil in Afghanistan, further more to come.

Back
Top Bottom