What's new

India appears ambivalent about role as U.S. strategy pivots toward Asia

yes liked being capitulated so you did....then why are you all playing this nonsense tune of loaded words like "independent" foreign policy etc.

Wo tumhara waham hai. Improving relations with America has been too much beneficial to us. We got those things which 'others don't get even if they sell their sovereignty'. :angel:

That was the price for the Nuke deal.

Cost-Benefit analysis: India could have not taken the nuke deal and voted for Iran.
However, nuke deal is much more beneficial for India and the price to pay was this vote along with IPI pipeline.

Capitulation would be when for no quid pro quo, India agrees to US demands, like how Pakistan does.

Just one pointer, apart from China which other country made noise about Agni-5 test even when China was trying to convince other that missile range is 8,000km and danger to world peace. :lol::lol:

Improving relation doesnt mean that you ditch your old friends on the insistence of your new masters.

We ditch no one.

o let me redefine it....A back stabbing...how about it.i think its perfect to describe the situation.After all indians are experienced back stabbers from their own epic like vibhishana and history....Jaichand.

India is not a NGO. We will do only what is beneficial to us and our interests. And we WILL backstab if necessary. How about that? :lol:

That was the price for the Nuke deal.

Cost-Benefit analysis: India could have not taken the nuke deal and voted for Iran.
However, nuke deal is much more beneficial for India and the price to pay was this vote along with IPI pipeline.

Capitulation would be when for no quid pro quo, India agrees to US demands, like how Pakistan does.

Most of the Indian posters here state that India does not pay any price for what the US seeks.

Though are always quid pro quos in bilateral relations.

However, so far even after acquiescing to US demands on Iran and many other aspects as well, neither the nuke deal has reached a conclusion nor has many other deals.

This indicates that India still needs to do more and unless it does, these deals may prolong and may only remain just deals.

Most of the Indian posters here state that India does not pay any price for what the US seeks.

However, so far even after acquiescing to US demands on Iran and many other aspects as well, neither the nuke deal has reached a conclusion nor has many other deals.

This indicates that India still needs to do more and unless it does, these deals may prolong and may only remain just deals.

India has actually rejected US sanctions on Iran. Like I said we do what is necessary for us.

But I do agree that India needs to do more to get these deals going. The nuke deal and others havent moved a lot because of our govt's inaction.

You are confused. While all transactions involve give & take, the nuke deal has been completed on the U.S.'s part & it is India that has not been able to return the favour by giving a U.S. company a contract. Same with other deals too. The U.S. is the one waiting for deals to fructify, not the other way around..

India has actually rejected US sanctions on Iran. Like I said we do what is necessary for us.

But I do agree that India needs to do more to get these deals going. The nuke deal and others havent moved a lot because of our govt's inaction.

India has voted against Iran on certain occasions under US demand.

IPI pipe line has almost been shelved by India under US demand.

Chahbahar port project has been put on hold under US demand.

Trade along Chahbahar - Zaranj - Dilaram has not even tickled under US demands.

Oil purchase from Iran has been drastically reduced under US demand.

do you want me to continue sir.

Ok you dont want to call it capitulation coz you got the prize of civil nuke deal for it.fine.

So let me redefine it....A back stabbing...how about it.i think its perfect to describe the situation.After all indians are experienced back stabbers from their own epic like vibhishana and history....Jaichand.

Improving relation doesnt mean that you ditch your old friends on the insistence of your new masters.
Backstabbing applies only when India has committed to defending Iran. India has done no such thing. At best it can say India dissapointed Iran.

However, you would be aware that India follows a strict policy of India first. There are no ideological allies or ideological enemies, only interests.

There is a price. But the thing is India decides the price unlike most other countries that deal with US.
Dropping IPI or voting against Iran will be worth it if we get something that we covet, not what something US wants to give but we may not necessarily need it. Refer my reply to ajtr. India is interest based.

The nuke deal has already reached a conclusion where it should have. The purpose of the nuke deal was not to buy reactors from US, it was to allow India to buy reactors and fuel from wherever we choose.

While purchasing from US is not likely to materialize any time soon, the exemption from NSG has paved the way for India to sign nuke deals with France, Russia, Japan. The suppliers of nuclear plants. In all likelyhood the EPA is being purchased!

And it has allowed us to sign uranium import agreements already! Done with Russians, Tajikistan and as you may have read Australia has now agreed to play ball with us.

The nuke deal for not for US, but to allow us to trade with the world. It has already fulfilled our purpose, US purpose however is stuck which would be cleared when we buy from them.

Even in that case, US is being compensated by buying US arms.

Awe those are not capitulation but convergence of interests.....typical indian refrain when bombarded with the capitulations.....:)

Voting doesnt mean anything. It doesnt affect India in anyway. So we voted.

In 2009, India withdrew from the project over pricing and security issues. However talks have been resumed along with Pakistan and Iran.

Chabahar port project is going on.

India discusses Chahbahar port project with Iran, Afghanistan - Economic Times

India has not reduced oil imports from Iran or whatever. The US failed to get India to stop imports, so they simply put out a nonsensical statement that India has reduced. By how much percentage? No one knows.

Do you still wanna continue with this nonsense sir?

You are confused. While all transactions involve give & take, the nuke deal has been completed on the U.S.'s part & it is India that has not been able to return the favour by giving a U.S. company a contract. Same with other deals too. The U.S. is the one waiting for deals to fructify, not the other way around..

Yes I am confused.

Because India just realized that the US has duped them and that India signed on a dotted line thinking it has gained. What to do now. Again give and take on an already signed agreement. I don't think so.

I think it is Indians who are now confused about what to do. And it certainly is not about India standing up to US and returning the favour.

Voting doesnt mean anything. It doesnt affect India in anyway. So we voted.

In 2009, India withdrew from the project over pricing and security issues. However talks have been resumed along with Pakistan and Iran.

Chabahar port project is going on.

India discusses Chahbahar port project with Iran, Afghanistan - Economic Times

India has not reduced oil imports from Iran or whatever. The US failed to get India to stop imports, so they simply put out a nonsensical statement that India has reduced. By how much percentage? No one knows.

Do you still wanna continue with this nonsense sir?

ha ha ha .........

After reading your response I have nothing more to add.

ha ha ha ..........

IPI pipeline....ya right. Without going into the details, we got the nuclear deal. Btw, why has your side of the pipleline not yet been built?

Trade along Chahbar has begun and will take time to stabilise. In case, you are not aware and India and China are the only 2 major countries who have been given waivers. Both have reduced our consumption.

India also has the second worst record of voting against the US. Guess what, only Cuba has a worse record, what does that tell you? You want to check how many times Pakistan has voted against the US?

Here is the bottom line. We play for our advantage. And really do not care what the rest of the world thinks about it. thats indian foreign policy. Deal with it.

Yes I am confused.

Because India just realized that the US has duped them and that India signed on a dotted line thinking it has gained. What to do now. Again give and take on an already signed agreement. I don't think so.

I think it is Indians who are now confused about what to do. And it certainly is not about India standing up to US and returning the favour.

You do understand that make zero sense right?

What has the US duped India with? What has India not gained? Stop making ridiculous comments and atleast try to be specific. India has not done anything about the nuke deal, and it is our govt's inaction that is delaying things. Its got nothing to do with the US.

But anyway, we dont sell our entire country to the US like Pakistan so much so that they even attack your nation with drones and treat you bad. Even going on to conduct raids inside Pakistan without Pakistan's knowledge, right outside your military base. :lol:

Yes I am confused.

ha ha ha .........

After reading your response I have nothing more to add.

ha ha ha ..........

@Ticker, pls read my post #12 & #47, about as to how India has benefited a lot from US & how it has followed an Independent foreign policy, i m not saying that India has only gained & din't have lost anything since every bilateral deals are about give & take, but ur argument about everything that India & Indians does (maybe even breathe) is under orders from US is utter BS. pls, if u want give me ur reply to these posts (& don't forget US economy is 8 times Indian economy, so it will always have an upper hand vis-a-vis India, but that doesn't mean that we will do whatever they say, we took our own path even in 60's & 70's (1971, green revolution, siding with USSR, opposing Vietnam war, nuclear explosion in 1974, etc.), even when we were poor & needed help from US, so do u still think that we will toe the US line when we are many times more powerful than 70s??)

This has been the hallmark Pakistani characteristic. They have this tendency to try and find fault with others, instead of introspecting and correcting their own weaknesses. Because they are afraid of the truth. The truth has always been Pakistan's Achilles heel, in that part of the world.

I mean who else after letting the US dictate their foreign policy, govt, domestic policy, military etc look to another country to criticize it for its strategic decisions? The amount of denial is apalling.

Back
Top Bottom