What's new

India and Russia going to sign biggest ever defence deal worth $ 35 billion today

Ok guys, back to topic again, we all knows K^se statement doesn't make sense, so lets not bother too much about it.

The topic is way more interesting anyway, because it was reported that the 3rd T50 prototype will be more advanced and have more techs integrated. Radar? IRST? The new engines maybe? Also the capacity of the internal weapon bays is still not clear and what kind of weapons it can carry, esspecially in the front weapon bay, which should have more space.
I also can't wait to see the T50 FGFA prototype, although the only external differenece should be the twin seat config, the fact that the deal is done now makes me curious. Will it be like this:

External hard points look a possibility here as internal bays r projected to have not more than 8 hard points

A good political decision by India and only time will tell if it was also a good military decision as well.

With this deal, India will effectively control the flow of technology to China and Pakistan from Russia. India will also gain support from Russia for the UN seat.

Militarily, it looks good on paper because India has traditionally used Russian jets and this decission will save Indian AF from major training hassles and other logistics and maintenance issues.

Only problem is the reliability of the Russian manufacturers, we all know about the problems in AC carrier deal for the Indian Navy. Such examples are not isolated when it comes to the Russian Defence manufacturers in recent times.

This will be a good omen for the West and particularly the US as they will now, more aggressively, be able to target the Chinese defence market under dual tech disguise.

Correct. Search India in wannabe superpower list and search yours in top failed state index.

You forgot to check the highest HIV population index :rofl:

You also forgot to check the largets slum index :rofl:

and also didn't read wikileak news about the Indian armed forces. Americans think your armed forces are ill trained and corrupt :rofl:

It is not the gun but the man behind the gun ;)

Lets focus on the topic of the thread otherwise this thread will also become another pissing contest and assure you that we can piss all the way to the Palk Strait!!

It will sure be a great defence deal considering we already operate russian fighters and the FGFA will be unique to India it will be customised for our defence needs. Yes there has been some problems with Russia in regards to the AC deal but the ruskies always come through when it comes to tech transfer unlike the yanks which is why the MRCA will go the Euro way.

Ok guys, back to topic again, we all knows K^se statement doesn't make sense, so lets not bother too much about it.

The topic is way more interesting anyway, because it was reported that the 3rd T50 prototype will be more advanced and have more techs integrated. Radar? IRST? The new engines maybe? Also the capacity of the internal weapon bays is still not clear and what kind of weapons it can carry, esspecially in the front weapon bay, which should have more space.
I also can't wait to see the T50 FGFA prototype, although the only external differenece should be the twin seat config, the fact that the deal is done now makes me curious. Will it be like this:

images

Or like this, more like the MKI:

file.php

This is all ok sancho but what about the air vents of PAK-FA they are not like those of F-22 will there be a change in the next prototype rolling out??

and also didn't read wikileak news about the Indian armed forces. Americans think your armed forces are ill trained and corrupt
Dude, they didn't mentioned about your armed forces that doesn't mean your forces are very great.
And no need to move away from the topic.

A good political decision by India and only time will tell if it was also a good military decision as well.
I agree with you. If something like Gorshkov or Su30 mki last deal goes with this deal, it will be very bad for India.

This is all ok sancho but what about the air vents of PAK-FA they are not like those of F-22 will there be a change in the next prototype rolling out??
I don't think so. I think they will remain unchanged even in the final prototype.

I read an article in which a University which is working on the stealth capabilities in Russia, they even turned a mig 21 into a stealth fighter. They even claimed to be much better than US in stealth technology and believes that US is seeing stealth from a wrong point of view. I don't know much, but if the guy is right then Russia might produce a much better fighter than F22.

Last edited:
the title is a misnomer

: india will foot the bill and then buy at market price

the author doesnt expect that the RAF will get similar planes at non market price ?

the total article by manoj joshi above seems to smell of some $$ laden suitcases obviously less facts and more of downplaying the whole issue

he says india is paying for the program :- yes true but when did india pay does he know what indian funds are allocated and del is signed and the program started and is already flying

he says prototypes are flying where i dont find an FGFA prototype unless he expects that making changes to pakfa is as easy as making a cup of tea

thirdly what does the author expect to do start a fifth generation project with the funds all y oneself and still keep developing it till 2050

just eave alone the funds even if india is willing to pay which other country is offering to sell such technology does he have an answer to this ?

taking the line of the west just to propagate wrong intensions to the mass media is crime and offence and as the state of journos now is open for all to see how the $$ make one sing

Dude, they didn't mentioned about your armed forces that doesn't mean your forces are very great.
And no need to move away from the topic.

I agree with you. If something like Gorshkov or Su30 mki last deal goes with this deal, it will be very bad for India.

I don't think so. I think they will remain unchanged even in the final prototype.

I read an article in which a University which is working on the stealth capabilities in Russia, they even turned a mig 21 into a stealth fighter. They even claimed to be much better than US in stealth technology and believes that US is seeing stealth from a wrong point of view. I don't know much, but if the guy is right then Russia might produce a much better fighter than F22.

So the vents will remain same :undecided: and i hope ur right about the stealth part as it doesn't encourage confidence much. Also have any link about that university in Russia??

Back
Top Bottom