What's new

India and Russia agree on details of new joint production of fifth generation fighter aircraft

Supposedly the next generation engine for the Pak-ta creates 43,000lbs thrust. That's impressive by any standard especially if it's the same size class as an al-31 but lighter. 86,000lbs thrust is unheard of in a fighter.

Supposing I used the right form of conversion, what you said means that Izd-30 gives 191kN afterburning thrust. That's as much as the F-35 engine.

Truly, a combined A-B thrust of over 382kN would drive the PAK-FA to phenomenal performance levels.

May I ask where did you acquire this info?

Agree provided HAL stick to its milestone and schedule! Still the Ka226 is unique the change in cabins is one to see in action!.
The Ka-226 is unique and that is the problem, if this concept of interchangeable modules was so useful every other manufacturer would have adopted a similar system but none have.

Supposing I used the right form of conversion, what you said means that Izd-30 gives 191kN afterburning thrust. That's as much as the F-35 engine.

Truly, a combined A-B thrust of over 382kN would drive the PAK-FA to phenomenal performance levels.

All engines are built with room for growth. 5-10%. So the Type 30 can be pushed to develop even 195KN of thrust.

Janes reported it.

But trust is not the only thing, from what is being floated on the net PAK-FA and to a certain extend any derivative will be less stealthy than a F35/F22 and hot n powerful engines add to the signature. I wonder if India has asked to custom cooling or padding, the Chinese J20 seems to go an interesting way to hide the heat signature.

I'm not sure what "interesting way" the J-20 goes by reducing heat signature nor does it matter but heat reduction has been known to be important in the Izd-30 engines even the 117s have reduced signature.

As the F-22 and F-35 RCS figures, no one besides fanboys care. There is no concrete figures for any of those fighters, and RCS spikes or changes with the aircraft hemisphere or angle.

No aircraft is invisible to radar, sorry to break the news. The closer you get to a "stealth" aircraft the better chance you have of tracking it on radar, the further you get the less chance it will be detected. That's why mission planning is vital, even stealth aircraft try to fly around or between radar coverage to avoid being detected.

A reduced radar signature is only part of the equation, planning and training is vital.

The Ka-226 is unique and that is the problem, if this concept of interchangeable modules was so useful every other manufacturer would have adopted a similar system but none have.
LOL... the Kamov unique Co-axial Rotors was laughed at for being complex and will be prone to battle damage much easier By ALL western manufacturers! even though they provide better stability and higher payload from the same engine!

Now they understand the benefits and we see that in the next generation US Army Future lift program and Armed aerial scout. Eg. S-97

So I hope the Ka 226 proves ppl wrong :)

2 Russian sites and near Srikakulam US site.

Russian one is VVER which Didi lost + another project by Rosatom

US one is Westinghouse which is shifted out of Gujarat
US was given a site at kovvur in sklm....land acquisition is already done....but local NGOs are trying to disrupt the process!

US was given a site at kovvur in sklm....land acquisition is already done....but local NGOs are trying to disrupt the process!

I don't get it...the Kudankulam disruptions were caused by NGOs funded & directed by the West. Should I think Russia is trying to return the favor?

I don't get it...the Kudankulam disruptions were caused by NGOs funded & directed by the West. Should I think Russia is trying to return the favor?
Could be even the French....
There are just too many NGOs in India without any regulation!!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom