What's new

India and Russia agree on details of new joint production of fifth generation fighter aircraft

Its all depand on DM Manohar parikar. And I don't hope much from him as he is taking too much time to make decisions. I don't know what's the problem with him? It has been ages when last time we bought any attack fighter jet. Seriously this was best time when technically we could get edge over Chinese airforce . But we lost and still losing that chance.

The two nations are also expected to incorporate a new company by October for the production of Kamov Ka 226 light choppers, which would involve significant private sector participation.

Pune-based Kalyani Strategic Systems is tipped as a frontrunner for this partnership to manufacture helicopter engines for the KA 226

On FGFA, I'll believe it when I see it but the above is more enlightening for another aspect; the Ka-226 deal. So they have seen the absurdity in having HAL as the production agency of the Ka-226. Now they are doing what they should have from the outset and are roping in an Indian private sector player.

I had been sceptical that the Kamov deal would be progressed as the LUH was making strides forward rather swiftly but the chances now look quite likely that the Ka-226 will enter service in India alongside the HAL LUH. From the originally plans the Indian line will also be servicing third party party export markets also.

Unlike in the past when a broad agreement would be signed on fighter deals like the Su 30 MKI contract, this time around Indian negotiators have gone deep into details of the joint production plan.
Of course, India has been burnt all too many times by not working out the most trivial of details prior to contract signing. Such mistakes aren't going to be repeated, Indian negotiation teams now are as petty and detail orientated as they come.

That's a bad news for Pakistan's SU35 proposal
That was never serious offer, it was a slight prod by the Russians to get a reaction from the Indian side.

Supposedly the next generation engine for the Pak-ta creates 43,000lbs thrust. That's impressive by any standard especially if it's the same size class as an al-31 but lighter. 86,000lbs thrust is unheard of in a fighter.

every few months they agree
Exactly. Always counting before hatching, what damn wrong with us?
We(DRDO, HAL or all those responsible defence agreements in India) are becoming like an iphone release, always more noise than the actual content.
Come on guys, learn something from ISRO. With small small launches they have leaped to Mars, and we are still at the negotiations...

So Pune-based Kalyani Strategic Systems ? so it will CKD and they will be doing the assembly? Seeing HAL opposing this as they don't have experience? do they?

So Pune-based Kalyani Strategic Systems ? so it will CKD and they will be doing the assembly? Seeing HAL opposing this as they don't have experience? do they?
HAL may take an opposing view but it isn't going to change anything if the MoD is set on giving this deal to the private sector. And frankly, HAL doesn't have that much influence they know their best option is to focus on their own product and see that the LUH offers superior performance to the Kamov as beyond the 187/197 orders there is another 200 unit follow on order up for grabs for the IA and IAF.

HAL may take an opposing view but it isn't going to change anything if the MoD is set on giving this deal to the private sector. And frankly, HAL doesn't have that much influence they know their best option is to focus on their own product and see that the LUH offers superior performance to the Kamov as beyond the 187/197 orders there is another 200 unit follow on order up for grabs for the IA and IAF.
Agree provided HAL stick to its milestone and schedule! Still the Ka226 is unique the change in cabins is one to see in action!.

Supposedly the next generation engine for the Pak-ta creates 43,000lbs thrust. That's impressive by any standard especially if it's the same size class as an al-31 but lighter. 86,000lbs thrust is unheard of in a fighter.

But trust is not the only thing, from what is being floated on the net PAK-FA and to a certain extend any derivative will be less stealthy than a F35/F22 and hot n powerful engines add to the signature. I wonder if India has asked to custom cooling or padding, the Chinese J20 seems to go an interesting way to hide the heat signature.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom