What's new

India and Pakistan in the Next 100 Years

RiazHaq

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Contrary to conventional wisdom, George Friedman, Chairman of Stratfor, and author of "The Next 100 Years", sees the United States, Turkey, Poland and Japan as the great powers of the 21st century.

Friedman raises serious doubts about India and China staying united as modern nation-states, much less emerge as great powers of the 21st century. He says India and China are regionally fragmented and it's very difficult to govern the vast nations from from Delhi or Beijing. He does not foresee Brazil or Russia emerge as great powers of the 21st century either, essentially dismissing all four members of the the much-hyped BRIC countries.

Talking about the emergence of South Korea and Israel as modern industrialized states, Friedman singles out the value of the transfer by the US of F-16s as a catalyst for recipient countries' development of skills and technical know-how. He makes no mention of Pakistan's development of the F16 maintenance and training infrastructure at Kamra PAC for its F16s in this context.

Friedman says the Islamic World will recover from the current chaos imposed by the United States in its conflict with al Qaeda. He also argues that Turkey, not Pakistan, Indonesia, Iran, or Egypt, will emerge as a great world power, and the leader of the Muslim world.

Here's how Friedman describes the four great powers of the twenty-first century:

Japan, Turkey, and Poland will each be facing a United States even more confident than it was after the second fall of the Soviet Union. That will be an explosive situation. As we will see during the course of this book, the relationships among these four countries will greatly affect the twenty-first century, leading, ultimately, to the next global war. This war will be fought differently from any in history—with weapons that are today in the realm of science fiction. But as I will try to outline, this mid-twenty-first century conflict will grow out of the dynamic forces born in the early part of the new century.

Haq's Musings: Are India and Pakistan Failed States?

Another Haq Musing article!!

Do we seriously need to discuss here what happens with India and Pakistan after 100 years. We need to fix our current issues and these type are article are clubbed into "head buried in sand" segment. No one is going to care what happens after *** years. Commom man is least bothered about forcasting or immature predictions.

And yes, we accept India is a "failed state". If this causes a happiness for some kids so be it. We are developing ourselves meanwhile.

We have following attributes:

Pros:
Second fastest growing economy
Strong cultural influence
One of the largest and strongest military power
Very very strong diplomatically.
Growing strength in technology and scientific field.
Having a large number of skilled man power.
No military draft was imposed on India. Once it was tried (sort of) and it was outrightly rejected.
Many more....

Cons:
Poverty --> Govt is working on it. Many schemes are going on like Mnrega, Ladli, Loan waiver etc.
Cast system: There are laws in place for protection. Also social reforms are underway to deal with it. Youth in India doesn't give a sh!t about cast. Hopefully in one or two generation this problem would be insignificant.
Education: Govt is also taking care of it. Today's a great deal of stress is given on education. In one or two generation theere will be significant changes.
Insurgencies: Needless to discuss because peeople do not have an iota of knowledge about Maoist and Naxalite movements.
Religious riots: India by law does not differentiate between religions. The extremist views are losing their credibility day by day. India is as a general secular nation both by nature and spirit.

Last edited:
Turkey, Poland cannot even compete with India ,China
More then 8% growth during the peak recession ,when the world grow by -1%(-ve growth)

& even in today's time thoulh less probable India , China & Russia goes in the military alliance it is enough to beat NATO alliance

here we don't know if we will remain alive after 21 december 2012 and you are talking about after 100 years :rofl:

and most of the common man life ranges betweeen 60-70 so i am interested only until i am alive

Well said !

Most soothsayers cannot predict what will happen to themselves tomorrow or comment with accuracy where their children or wives were last evening .

Yet they predict with alacrity what the fate of others & other nations will be.

Another of the knee jerk reaction by some members of the forum.

Read the article again, its not a prediction by the poster or Riaz Haq, rather it is quoting someone else who has made this assumption or prediction.

Read the first line of the first post very very carefully, it says: George Friedman, Chairman of Stratfor, and author of "The Next 100 Years", sees the United States, Turkey, Poland and Japan as the great powers of the 21st century

Can see the level of ..................................

Read the article again, its not a prediction by the poster or Riaz Haq, rather it is quoting someone else who has made this assumption or prediction.

Read the first line of the first post very very carefully, it says: George Friedman, Chairman of Stratfor, and author of "The Next 100 Years", sees the United States, Turkey, Poland and Japan as the great powers of the 21st century

yes i did read that but all i am saying is....... who can predict what am i going to do tomorrow? nobody........ so how comes he is predicting countries like Poland or Turkey stand a chance to become super power rather than Germany, China or Russia?

Predicting 5-10 years is ok but predicting after 100 years is a useless topic :devil:

OMG This guy again, seriously who writes your articles ? lol He is openly advocating another blog which is clearly against forum rules but as he speaks what many people want to hear he is still evading a ban. I hope some Mod shows some spine and takes appropriate action.

I saw Friedman's videos in other thread. His PREDICTION is based on wishful thinking. He presented no plausible logic or reason for his MUSINGS.

Totally a lost case!

Fighter

Grant others the same level of intellect pls.

We can read that's why we are here. My views on ppl who make predictions / assessments on nations 100 yrs hence remains the same.

Grant others the same level of intellect pls.

We can read that's why we are here. My views on ppl who make predictions / assessments on nations 100 yrs hence remains the same.

Well if you can read and understand, then my post has nothing to do with you, but it has to do with everyone who is trying to shoot the messenger but not the person who sent the message.

Plus, i did not take names of the members, so the ones who did what i mentioned, the post was for them, not for the ones who tried to shoot the messenger.

So no need for showing off the superior intellect in your post.

Keep the discussion to the topic.

whom you wanna believe ? Chairman of Stratfor (only 70 employs in whole company)

IMF
by 2055 USA will be 3rd greatest economy overthrowned by China & India

& from where does this Poland came from ????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom