What's new

India and China allowed to buy Iranian oil: US

the thing is countries like iran and Russia have the drive and national pride that makes their people willing to withstand extreme hardship to stand up to adversaries. Most countries don't have those qualities.
i agree on your unity point and national pride point.

Also without abundant natural resources like oil and gas iran and Russian probably would have not been able to survive the sanctions. they both had a natural recourse that they knew the world wanted with our without american sanctions.

unfortunatley both India and Pakistan dont have these natural resources to survive incase sanctions come.

times have changed
Nothing has changed. No other source of supply could have covered the loss if everybody declined to buy Iranian oil. That would have caused price of oil to spike. It was just economic 101. If USA is going to succeed in weening countries off Iranian oil then they are going to have to establish alternative supplies. The only country that has the production flexibility is Saudia but things are not to good with them after the Kashoggi affair.

Once past the present problems US and Saudi's will get back together to set up alternative oil supplies and then begin to strangle Iran. Although I suspect China wll never give up buying Iranian oil.

US needs India more than India needs the US.
Why would that be? How does a superpower like US need a slumdog rickshaw puller more then the other way around. Are you in your right senses?

Nothing has changed. No other source of supply could have covered the loss if everybody declined to buy Iranian oil. That would have caused price of oil to spike. It was just economic 101. If USA is going to succeed in weening countries off Iranian oil then they are going to have to establish alternative supplies. The only country that has the production flexibility is Saudia but things are not to good with them after the Kashoggi affair.

Once past the present problems US and Saudi's will get back together to set up alternative oil supplies and then begin to strangle Iran. Although I suspect China wll never give up buying Iranian oil.
yeah i agree for the last 3/4 years the saudis have been pissed at the price of oil PB beceause Iran and russia kept knocking down the price and it meant saudis couldnt sustain the economy hence why we see the diversification of economy project by MBS

also i have herd USA is producing 10 million barrells of oil per day for the first time since 1970. which makes USA the second higest oil producer in the world after Russia. which is interesting and could be used as a counter messure againt Iranian oil in the market.

yeah i agree for the last 3/4 years the saudis have been pissed at the price of oil PB beceause Iran and russia kept knocking down the price and it meant saudis couldnt sustain the economy hence why we see the diversification of economy project by MBS

also i have herd USA is producing 10 million barrells of oil per day for the first time since 1970. which makes USA the second higest oil producer in the world after Russia. which is interesting and could be used as a counter messure againt Iranian oil in the market.
That's part of Trump's agenda. In the Tax Bill he signed last year, there was a provision that allowed for oil drilling in the Arctic, a reversal of Obama-era regulations.

The question is will that oil be economically viable for major consumers like India? Probably not. I am pretty sure it will work for South Korea and Japan though.

Relief is only for 180 days, during which time alternative supply of oil would be made sure.

LOL What kind of a sanction regime is this? Provide waivers to some of the biggest oil consuming nations.

The US has made a mockery of its sanction threat.

These laughable sanctions prove once more how the US is only good at bullying smaller and weaker opponents. The bigger and stronger nations cannot be bullied.

What does it mean?
@Hamartia Antidote
177528.jpg

The American media rumors?

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/china-cuts-iran-oil-purchases-ahead-of-us-sanctions.583507/

And on china front, go ahead, see if they care.
India and China may have a lot of differences but on trade matters in WTO, we have always stood together and gathered more countries to support our cause.

Good point. Indeed, as two developing nations, China and India have a lot common interests that a layman would not realize at first sight.

That's why relations just went on mostly as usual at a time when everyone else predicted doom and gloom.

Major powers are just different beasts.

Last edited:
Good point. Indeed, as two developing nations, China and India have a lot common interests that a layman would not realize at first sight.

That's why relations just went on mostly as usual at time when everyone else predicted doom and gloom.

Major powers are just different beasts.
Exactly, once u become a major player u realise that most important is to remain in that same position and u are willing to go miles to preserve that.
this is the reason why our both forces dont carry any weapons when they run into each other at LAC and solve it thru dialogue.

Back
Top Bottom