What's new

India - an aspiring hegemon

You can beat your chest all you want but can't erase your own blood and heritage. :bunny: :bunny:

MAHMUD OF GHAZNI (Ghazni is in current Afghanistan)

In year 1000 Mahood Gaznavi passed through India like a whirlwind, destroying, pillaging, and massacring,zealously following the quranic injunctions to kill idolators, whom he had vowed to chastise every year of his life.

His personal historian Alberuni Yamini writes "Mahmud utterly ruined the prosperity of the country and performed there wonderful exploits, by which hidus became like atoms of the dust." He described the attack on the following cities as follows:

• At Thaneshwar.
"The blood of the infidels flowed so copiously at Thanesar that the stream was discolored, not withstanding its purity, and people were unable to drink it. The Sultan returned with plunder which is impossible to count. Praise be to Allah for the honor he bestows on Islam and Muslims."

• At Somnath

"The Muslims paid no regard to the booty till they had satiated themselves with the slaughter of the infidels and worshipers of sun and fire.... The number of infidels killed exceeded 50,000"

• At Mathura

"The infidels...deserted the fort and tried to cross the foaming river...but many of them were slain, taken or drowned... Nearly fifty thousand men were killed."

At Varnasi, Ujjan, Maheshwar,Jwalamukihi, and Dwarka

"Infidels were slaughtered and not one temple survived whole and in tact"

MOHAMMED GHOURI AND QUTUBUDDIN AIBAK
(from Hasan Nizami's Taj-ul-Maasir)

• Kol (Modern Aligarh)
"those of the horizon who were wise and acute were converted to Islam, but those who stood by their ancestoral faith were slain with the sword"
• Kol (Modern Aligarh)

20,000 prisoners were taken and made slaves

'Three bastions were raised as high as heaven with their heads and their carcases became food for the beasts of prey
• Kalinjar
50,000 prisoners were taken as slaves
• Varnasi or Kasi (Benaras) :Kamil-ut-Tawarikh of Ibn Asir records,
"The slaughter of Hindus (at Varanasi) was immense; none were spared except women and children,(who were taken into slavery) and the carnage of men went on until the earth was weary."
BAKHTIAR KHILJI
• Destroyed Nalanda
• Massacred Buddhist monks
FEROZE SHAH TUGHLAQ
(from Insha-i-Mahry by Ahmed Din Abdullah bin Mahru)

• Delhi : (after Hindus paid the toleration tax (zar-i zimmiya) and poll-tax(jizya) they were foolish enough to build their temples.So...)
"...Under divine guidance I (Sultan) destroyed these temples and I killed the leaders of these infedility and others I subjected to stripes and chastisement "
• Delhi: -a punishment in detail-(From Tarikh-i-Firuz Shahi)

"A report was brought to the Sultan than there was in Delhi an old Brahman who persisted in publicly performing the worship of idols in his house and that people of the city, both Muslims and Hindus used to resort to his house to worship the idol. The Brahman had constructed a wooden tablet which was covered within and without with paintings of demons and other objects. An order was accordingly given to the Brahman and was brought before Sultan.The true faith was declared to the Brahman and the right course pointed out. but he refused to accept it.

A pile was risen on which the Kaffir with his hands and legs tied was thrown into and the wooden tablet on the top. The pile was lit at two places his head and his feet. The fire first reached him in the feet and drew from him a cry and then fire completley enveloped him. Behold Sultan for his strict adherence to law and rectitude."

• Gohana (Haryana):

"Some Hindus had erected a new idol-temple in the village of Kohana and the idolaters used to assemble there and perform their idolatrous rites. These people were seized and brought before me.

I ordered that the perverse conduct of these leaders of this wickedness be punished by publicly abd that they should be put to death before the gate of the palace."
JajnagarExpedition objectives as stated by Sultan)(Source:Ainn-ul-Mulk)
o massacring the unbelievers

on demolishing their temples

• Orissa:'Sirat-i-Firoz Shahi' records his expedition with the following words:

"nearly 100,000 men of Jajnagar had taken refuge with their women, children, kinsmen and relations The swordsmen of Islam turned the island into a basin of blood by the massacre of the unbelievers.

Women with babies and pregnant ladies were haltered, manacled, fettered and enchained, and pressed as slaves into service in the house of every soldier."

SULTANS OF MAMLUK DYNASTY
• Rohilkhand:Badauni reports in his 'Muntakhab-ut-Tawarikh'

"In two days after leaving Delhi, he arrived in the midst of the territory of Katihar and put to death every male, even those of eight years of age, and bound the women"

ALAUDDIN KHILJI

• Kambayat:Abdulla Wassaf writes in his Tazjiyat-ul-Amsar wa Tajriyat

he killed the adult male Hindu inhabitants for the glory of Islam, set flowing rivers of blood, sent the women of the country with all their gold, silver, and jewels, to his own home, and made about twenty thousand maidens his private sex-slaves as the great God in quran has prermitted the reward of enemy woman for the victorious jihadis.

Chitoor: More than 20,000 Hindu women including Rani Padmini self-immolated themselves to escape sex-slavery in the hands of Muslim rulers.

• Muslim priests Qazi adviced Khilji on how to conduct his non-Muslim subjects. Here is such a recorded advice:
Hindus are like the mud; if silver is demanded from them, they must with the greatest humility offer gold. If a Mohammadan desire to spit into a Hindu's mouth, the Hindu should open it wide for the purpose. God created the Hindus to be slaves of the Mohammadans. The Prophet hath ordained that, if the Hindus do not accept Islam, they should be imprisoned, tortured, finally put to death, and their property confiscated.

TAIMUR LANE
• His invasion of Hindustan: His Tuzk-i-Taimuri records:
"In a short space of time all the people in the fort were put to the sword, and in the course of one hour the heads of 10,000 infidels were cut off. The sword of Islam was washed in the blood of the infidels, and all the goods and effects, the treasure and the grain which for many a long year had been stored in the fort became the spoil of my soldiers.
They set fire to the houses and reduced them to ashes, and they razed the buildings and the fort to the ground.... All these infidel Hindus were slain, their women and children ,and their property and goods became the spoil of the victors "

..".I proclaimed throughout the camp that every man who had infidel prisoners should put them to death, and whoever neglected to do so should himself be executed and his property given to the informer. When this order became known to the ghazis of Islam, they drew their swords and put their prisoners to death.

One hundred thousand infidels, impious idolators, were on that day slain. Maulana Nasiruddin Umar, a counselor and man of learning, who, in all his life, had never killed a sparrow, now, in execution of my order, slew with his sword fifteen idolatrous Hindus, who were his captives."
Fatte of Hindu women captured alive by Muslims was worse than death. Even as their fathers, husbands and children lay killed they had to dance and sing before Muslims and would then be given in slavery to the Muslim kings, generals, soldiers and of course Maulvis. Here is a gleeful Muslim recording of this inhuman barbaric events:

"First of all daughters of Hindu kings captured during the course of the year come and sing and dance. Thereafter they are bestowed upon Amirs and important foreigners. After this daughters of other Hindus dance and sing...Sultan then distributes s them to brothers, sons of high officials ,generals and his relatives."
[Source:Ibn Battuta (A.A.Rizvi in Tughlaq Kalin Bharath)]

So Hindu women preferred death to dishonour. Most of the time the Muslim invaders found only charred remains of women when they entered the Hindu cities. For example, when Allaud-din Khilji attacked Rajputs from behind (before which Rajouts had >magnanimoulsy spared his life showing mercy to the undeserved), butchered them and entered Chitoor Rani Padmini and more than 20,000 maidens had self-immolated. To this day Hindus remember the great queen with pride.

Massacre of Hindus in the South India

SULTAN AHMAD SHAH WALI
Muslims pillaged Vijayanagar for six months and killed every Hindu man , woman and children including pregnanat women. Vijaya Nagar recorded by European travellers as the most beautiful city in the world is today a haunted, destroyed deserted ground unfit to live. To this day the ruins show the amount of barbarism that went into its destruction and even the ruins are testimony to the Hindu genius of architecture.

Whenever the number of slain reached 20,000 he (Sultan Ahemed Shah I Wali) halted for three days and celebrated the killings of infidels (in such a large numbers).

o Chidambaram

Malik dug up the foundations with the greatest care and the heads of Brahmins and idolaters danced from their necks and fell to the ground and their feet and blood flowed in ********.

o Sri Rangam

Finding no valuable information at the Sri Rangam temple (about the hidden bronze statutes) ill tempered Ulugh Khan killed 12,000 Brahmins in a day.

HINDU MASSACRES BY MOGHUL EMPERORS

ZAHIRUDDIN BABAR (1526-1530)
Source: Babur Nama( written byMoghul Emperor Babar himself)
Place:Chanderi (Madhya Pradesh)
In AH 934 (CE 1528) I attacked Chanderi and by the grace of Allah captured it in a few hours...We got the infidels slaughtered and the place which had been daru'l - harb for years was made into a daru'l-islam.
Since the establishment of Moghul rule ...officers and religious leaders spread Islam vigorously destroying Hindu faith. We cleared of the ***** of Hinduism from Faizabad and Avadh.

AKBAR (1542-1605)
Is remembered as the most tolerant. Only one major massacre is recorded in his rule, when he ordered that about 30000 captured Rajput Hindus be slain on Feb 24, 1568 after the battle of Cittid.

JAHANGIR (1605-1658)

Source: Tuzuk-i-Jahangiri
Though in the beginning of his rule Jahangir followed the humanistic rule of his father Akbar the great -the policy of sulehkul even issued a proclamation against the forcible conversion of Hindus to Islam, he revoked Akbar's orders that those who have been forcibly converted from Islam could return to Hinduism.

He severely punished Kaukab, Sharif and Abdul Latif for showing inclination to Hinduism. He also prohibited the free inter-marriage customs between Hindus and Muslims in Kashmir. Hindus marrying Muslim girls and those who had already married were given a choice between Islam and death. Many were killed.

Jahangir's torture of Guru Arjun Dev ji: Guru was imprisoned at Lahore fort. He was chained to a post in an open place exposed to the sun from morning to evening in the summer months of May to June. Below his feet a heap of sand was put which burnt like a furnace. Boiling water was poured on his naked body at intervals. His body was covered with blisters all over. In this agony Guru used to utter.

Tera Kiya Metha lage, naam padarath Nanak mange(whatever you ordain appears sweet. I supplicate for the gift of name)

The Guru was ordercd to be executed. In addition a fine of Rupees two lakhs was imposed on him. Some historians say that, as a measure of clemency at the intervention of Mian Mir, this fine was imposed in lieu of the sentence of death. The Sikhs offered to pay the fine themselves but the Guru forbade them to do so. He replied to the Emperor,

"Whatever money I have is for the poor, the friendless and the stranger. If thou ask for money thou mayest take what I have; but if thou ask for it by way of fine, I shall not give thee even a Kaurz (penny)." The Guru accepted death by torture

SHAH JAHAN (1658-1707)

In 1632 Shah jahan ordered that all Hindu temples recently erected or in the course of construction should be razed to the ground. In Benares alone seventy six temples were destroyed. Christian churches at Agra and Lahore were demolished. In a manner befitting the Prophet he had ten thousand inhabitants executed by being "blown up with powder, drowned in water or burnt by fire".

Four thousand were taken captive to Agra where they were tortured to try to convert them to Islam. Only a few apostacised, the remainder were trampled to death by elephants, except for the younger women who went to harems.
Shahjahan put enormous eonomic pressure on Hindus particularly peasents to become Muslims. The criminals too were forced to become Muslims.

Source: Badshah Nama, Qazinivi & Badshah Nama , Lahori
When Shuja was appointed as governor of Kabul he carried on a ruthless war in the Hindu territory beyond Indus...The sword of Islam yielded a rich crop of converts....Most of the women (to save their honour) burnt themselves to death. Those captured were distributed among Muslim Mansabdars.

Source: Manucci, Storia do Mogor vol-II p.451 & Travels of Frey Sebastian Manrique
Under Shahjahan peasents were compelled to sell their women and children to meet their revenue requirements....

The peasants were carried off to various Markets and fairs to be sold with their poor unhappy wives carrying their small children crying and lamenting. According to Qaznivi Shahjagan had decreed they should be sold to Muslim lords.

Again...Whats your point half pipe? LOL!

Ladies and Gentlmen....here again on display is the sheepish way of a slave of the communist party of China...
Since our subject did not have the necessary free thinking or acumen to respond to what was being argued....it resorted to copy pasting without any semblance of comprehension towards the topic....

Let this be a lesson to everyone....the mind is like a plant and can never grow in a box...

And dont mind the half pipe....not its fault..lol!

Wow...someone lecturing Indians about ego eh? For some odd reason, you have this notion that Indians are looking for Chinese approval and respect....LOL!!

May I remind you that the Chinese were never worth mentioning militarily since they got a new asshole torn into them by a little island called Japan...

Maybe you should come talk mighty when you can settle a score with a country 1% of your size and resources before you try to bump heads with a country like India in its current state....
We Indians sympathize with you...

...If China feels no threat from us, thats even better. An overconfident opponent is perfect for the taking...

Luckily, your CPC masters know their nations capabilities better than you...your chest thumping is but laughable..

PS: We are the undisputed power in South Asia...Militarily and economically...and have beaten Pakistan soundly in 2 wars, had you read your history books....so come talk to me when you can eradicate some of those "nuggets" from your own shameful history not so long ago..

Indians are desperate for our attention and respect. India wants to get recognition by China which is why you try so hard. But as hard as you try, the more it becomes apparent India is so far behind us it's not even worth comparing. Indians are obsessed with China, you talk to Indians and 95% of them want to be like us.
They are not a big player in geopolitics and want to be as important as us. India wants the western media to talk about the 'rise of India' just as much as they talk about the 'rise of China'.
We are your benchmark. China and India have similar population but India is always thought as an after thought. You want to get attention we get as a big power. It anger you that even though we have similar populations India is ALWAYS behind us, from losing the 1962 war to us, becoming a nuclear power before you, sending man into space before you, getting more gold medals in Olympics than you, hosting an Olympic Games before you, hosting a world expo before you, having UN veto power, economically ahead of you, etc.
You want to get ahead of us, but as hard as you try we are always well ahead of you, that infuriates the hell out of Indians.

Indians are desperate for our attention and respect. India wants to get recognition by China which is why you try so hard. But as hard as you try, the more it becomes apparent India is so far behind us it's not even worth comparing. Indians are obsessed with China, you talk to Indians and 95% of them want to be like us.
They are not a big player in geopolitics and want to be as important as us. India wants the western media to talk about the 'rise of India' just as much as they talk about the 'rise of China'.
We are your benchmark. China and India have similar population but India is always thought as an after thought. You want to get attention we get as a big power. It anger you that even though we have similar populations India is ALWAYS behind us, from losing the 1962 war to us, becoming a nuclear power before you, sending man into space before you, getting more gold medals in Olympics than you, hosting an Olympic Games before you, hosting a world expo before you, having UN veto power, economically ahead of you, etc.
You want to get ahead of us, but as hard as you try we are always well ahead of you, that infuriates the hell out of Indians.

If that helps you sleep at night, you may go on believing that. Nobody cares about China anymore, especially now after the fiasco with Japan.

Here in Canada, they only mention China when explaining to us how hard it is for immigrants who don't know English.

Hahahaha...I smell desperation and insecurity!

Maybe now people will take the Chinese seriously...I just hope the Japanese dont show up to steal the show...LOL!

EzioAltaïr;3950551 said:
If that helps you sleep at night, you may go on believing that. Nobody cares about China anymore, especially now after the fiasco with Japan.

Here in Canada, they only mention China when explaining to us how hard it is for immigrants who don't know English.

The only time I remember the Chinese is after a massive hangover...******* greasy General Tso Chicken hits the spot...

PS: Ezio...have you ever told your mom that you wanted to grow up to be Chinese...LOL!!!

Thanks a lot mate. But it seems as though people like you are in minority.

Bull! 99% of Indians want this. They want Pakistan to be a modernized, developed and stable country. The other 1% are nuts... all societies have them. Even though that 1% are nuts, they are louder than the other 99%, but you should not worry about them.

Hahahaha...I smell desperation and insecurity!

Maybe now people will take the Chinese seriously...I just hope the Japanese dont show up to steal the show...LOL!

The only time I remember the Chinese is after a massive hangover...******* greasy General Tso Chicken hits the spot...

PS: Ezio...have you ever told your mom that you wanted to grow up to be Chinese...LOL!!!

Of course most Indian don't want to be Chinese. But Indian media is obsess with China. Would the comparisons with China sell more papers or gain more ratings?

Most Indians are not like their sensational media.

Of course most Indian don't want to be Chinese. But Indian media is obsess with China. Would the comparisons with China sell more papers or gain more ratings?

Our point exactly. We don't like the media much, as they sensationalise every small and insignificant piece of news, and fail to adequately mention big ones.

Besides, don't put much trust in the accuracy of the statements of Indian media.

indians look towards the Chinese not with animosity...thats a fact (not given the situation on this forum)

Nevertheless, media is but a business..GRP and circulations count for more than reporting ethically and in an unbiased manner...we certainly cant expect that from Indian media...
But some here are hell bent on thinking that Indian media is some sort of bible for Indians....
We have always been free thinkers and I hardly believe that media will influence any but the daft...

Nevertheless its fun to mess with the Chinese....
Like I said...take their belligerence with a grain of salt.

Amen

Bull! 99% of Indians want this. They want Pakistan to be a modernized, developed and stable country. The other 1% are nuts... all societies have them. Even though that 1% are nuts, they are louder than the other 99%, but you should not worry about them.

Yeah I dunno if thats 99%....The uneducated and religiously influenced (which is quite a lot in India) are quite malleable...

What makes me happy is that the educated can think critically and look at the larger picture which overall benefits India..I see a similar trend in Pakistan which gives me hope

I so want Pakistan to succeed and become a peaceful and prosperous neighbor because that will be good for India and the region as a whole.

Thanks a lot mate. But it seems as though people like you are in minority.

It is a no-brainer that we all seek peace and more trade. Your decision to separate and chart a new journey created divisions,displacement,rifts and fissures whose negative repercussions are still being felt today. More so in your country than ours. Even after 65 years of separation you guys feel Indian domination....it is because of your own failed policies.

India's neighbours are worried about the Indian regime's aggressive and thuggish behaviour. That's why all South Asian countries want China in the region to counterbalance the thugs in New Delhi.

Are you saying that only India plays thuggish behavior and not others??

How about China?? You don't play any thuggish behavior?? Ask your neighbors and rest of the world.... they will recite you a litany of complaints about China.

If you fall for western propaganda and play divisive politics in the region then my high regard for China as responsible and mature power will be dashed. Just like China, India has set its priorities in improving economy and living conditions of people.
That is why, we do not play China card (counterbalance to China) like our western friends want from us...

You are more than welcome to try your hand and become a positive influence in this region....anything beyond that like counterbalancing will not be appreciated and will be reciprocated in kind.

It is a no-brainer that we all seek peace and more trade. Your decision to separate and chart a new journey created divisions,displacement,rifts and fissures whose negative repercussions are still being felt today. More so in your country than ours. Even after 65 years of separation you guys feel Indian domination....it is because of your own failed policies.

Thanks for proving my point.

Back
Top Bottom