What's new

India all set to give go ahead for Mars mission

Paan Singh

BANNED
Reaction score
Mysore: India is all set to give the go-ahead for an ambitious mission to Mars, expected in November next year, a top Space Department official said here today.

"A lot of studies have been done on the possible mission to Mars", Secretary in the Department of Space and Chairman of Indian Space Research Organisation K Radhakrishnan told reporters here.

"We have come to the last phase of approvals", he said. "And I am sure that, maybe soon, we will be hearing an announcement on the Mars mission".

According to ISRO officials, a significant amount of work on the planned Mars mission has been completed and scientific payloads have been short-listed.

The project report for Indian Mars orbiter mission has been submitted for government approval.

The mission envisages launching an orbiter around Mars using Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-XL). The orbiter will be placed in an orbit of 500 x 80,000 km around MARS and will have a provision to carry nearly 25 kg of scientific payloads on-board.

The tentative scientific objective for the Mars mission will be to focus on life, climate, geology, origin, evolution and sustainability of life on the planet, according to ISRO.

Scientific payloads have been short-listed by ISRO's Advisory Committee for Space Sciences (ADCOS) review committee.

Baseline, solar array and reflector configuration of the satellite have been finalised, the Bangalore-headquartered space agency said.

India all set to give go ahead for Mars mission

I am eagerly waiting for this happen

^^^May be most of my Indian friend's would not agree with me on this!But I kind of feel that India(or ISRO) is trying
to go too fast!We should take one step at a time and let the manned space flight pick up some pace. . . we should focus more on the human spaceflight mission and its only after this mission becomes a success we should aim for all that Mars mission and all!We have the capability but the only problem is with panning.I WOULD SAY DIVERT ALL THE FUNDS EARMARKED FOR THE MAR"S MISSION TO THE HUMAN SPACE FLIGHT PROJECT!!(as if anyone gives a damn about what I say)!:blink::shout:

^^^May be most of my Indian friend's would not agree with me on this!But I kind of feel that India(or ISRO) is trying
to go too fast!We should take one step at a time and let the manned space flight pick up some pace. . . we should focus more on the human spaceflight mission and its only after this mission becomes a success we should aim for all that Mars mission and all!We have the capability but the only problem is with panning.I WOULD SAY DIVERT ALL THE FUNDS EARMARKED FOR THE MAR"S MISSION TO THE HUMAN SPACE FLIGHT PROJECT!!(as if anyone gives a damn about what I say)!:blink::shout:

i agree with you. But most Indians don't care what you have to say. Many here just care about bragging instead of achieving something tangible. Though the mars mission, if successful, would be a monumental achievement. Indians can then brag that even Russia failed to put something in the Mars orbit so India is ahead of Russia and only behind the US in the space race. India is now #2.:argh:

A better use of money is to life the life of so many poor and destitute in India. India has more poor than all the countries and continents. This should not happen.

every country has it own program...looking at the cost involved, guess....a joint exploration under UN would be great..

i agree with you. But most Indians don't care what you have to say.

most Indians haven't even given their opinion here yet?

Indians can then brag that even Russia failed to put something in the Mars orbit so India is ahead of Russia and only behind the US in the space race. India is now #2.:argh:

We are humbled to get your consent on what we Indians can brag and what we cannot.

Can we have your consent to prevent you from make a retard of yourself everytime on an Indian topic?

i agree with you. But most Indians don't care what you have to say. Many here just care about bragging instead of achieving something tangible. Though the mars mission, if successful, would be a monumental achievement. Indians can then brag that even Russia failed to put something in the Mars orbit so India is ahead of Russia and only behind the US in the space race. India is now #2.:argh:

A better use of money is to life the life of so many poor and destitute in India. India has more poor than all the countries and continents. This should not happen.
I think trying to do both shouldn't be any problem. Mars mission will be unmanned, of course, and instead for following other's path like China, India should prioritize what they really wants to do, like knowing more on Mars.

It should be on fore front rather than behind space manned flight. Unless we are trying to build our own space station like China. It would be better if become part of ISS rather than doing all alone, especially when we don't have funding like China have.

Also one can not first remove poverty and than move to advancement of science, otherwise the time we will eradicate it, we will be far behind many countries. That's why parallel programs are run. India has brought 200 million people out of poverty in last decade....so I think the strategy India is following is infact good one.

India going to Mars?? In a Maruti or Hindustan Ambassador?? :cheesy: :rofl: :rofl: I m so jealous.

India going to Mars?? In a Maruti or Hindustan Ambassador?? :cheesy: :rofl: :rofl: I m so jealous.
India sent a orbiter to moon, and they can certainly send one to Mars.....But first our aim is to send Chandrayan-II with rover (from Russia).

P.S.- And dear Maruti and Ambassador are well known brand. If you don't believe, do some research.

What will you get from manned flight by 2020....you just can't build your own space station and if we want to go to ISS, why not use Russian vehicles like US is doing now.

ISRO is doing what is supposedly right path. An MIT professor pointed that if ISRO follows CNSA then it won't be worth looking forward to. Where as if we along with Russia, can somehow find a way to mine Helium-3 (very rare resource) in next decade that will be a commercial success.

Similarly, if we want to make some contribution to science and wants to lead in some area, Missions like Mars is the one that whole world will be watching.

No one cares if we send a human by 2020. It should be second priority. And if ISRO can get more money, it can establish a space station in collaboration with Russia or US.

I think we should soon form collaboration with them.

Its the only way to catch up and come on par with other space powers.

If my memory is right then no Indians here claimed India is better than X & Y in space tech and I'm pretty sure no one would even after a successful mars mission. We accept we are behind Japan now.

IIRC it was some retarded martian who claimed/bragged his country was no: 1 after couple of manned space launches because not even NASA does it now. :P

The first step is the mars mission n not human spaceflights

As we r already capable of sending probs to moon it will be easier for us to do mars mission with some modifications

Secondly, we will be using PSLV for mars mission which a work horse of ISRO n not GSLV(which is still in testing phase) which will be required for human spaceflight

Thirdly, it is way lot cheaper to do mars mission than human spaceflights

N lastly, what we'll achieve other than a tag on our head that we r the 4th nation to do so by sending one man into space but we'll get a lot of info about mars n it'll also enhence our expertise in sending probs way lot deeper into space by doing mars mission:yahoo:

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom