What's new

India agrees to train up to 600 ANA officers annually.

what I see positive outcomes:
-a big trade center for India,

-destruction of drugs farming like opium will be a boon for millions of people in Asia

-trade boon and stability in west Pakistan as Taliban sublimes

-indias primary drdo product importer??

-future army base for Indian army eh? missile based for Agni v? just like Poland for USA? ( I am not targeting Pakistan )

-1st out shore naval harbour mimicking "string of pearls"

share ur views

New Delhi: India has agreed to train upto 600 Afghan Army officers every year in India under a pact that President Hamid Karzai is expected to sign with India early next week, highly placed sources have told NDTV.

The program is the first concrete follow-up on military-to-military cooperation under the umbrella of the Strategic Partnership Agreement that was signed between Kabul and New Delhi in 2011 when President Karzai was given a grand reception in India.

Over 200 Afghan cadets will be training at the National Defence Academy, the Officers' Training Academies and the Indian Military Academy every year. This is over and above the 600 serving Afghan National Army (ANA) officers who will undergo a variety of courses.

In addition, company level (100-strong) contingents of ANA will be trained for four weeks at the Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School (CIJWS)located at Vairangte in Mizoram.

NDTV had reported on these plans in December 2011. It has taken almost a year for New Delhi and Kabul to firm up the details.

India however has no plans to send or deploy its troops in Afghanistan as of now.

President Karzai is also likely to sign a pact on allowing India and Indian companies to mine that country's vast natural resources. Indian companies are planning to invest over 11 bn dollars in the mining sector over the long term in Afghanistan.

Great news for afghanistan. Afghan forces are getting trained by the best in the business. We have the best Counter terrorism and mountain warfare training facilities in the region! :thumbup:

@nuclearpak please delete the post # 39. Before it thread was on topic. I'll appreciate if you can delete it. Last night I would have replied to it by simply posting Pakistan Army Surrender Video, which I didn't. I reported it but it's still there. :cray:.

Last edited by a moderator:
The question is are indians concerned with quality or the quantity? How many batch they run in an year?

Back
Top Bottom