What's new

Incremental upgrades in Pakistani Nuclear missiles over the years

More submarine launched missiles are coming too
upload_2017-1-14_19-9-38.png

There were no Chinese when very few handed Alexander his arse on platter in the battle of Hydespas (Jehlum).

Keep as many friends as possible, and honour the friendship with them with all good intentions, but to rely on friends for own well being, is what is truly scary and fatal.

That's true too.

Regarding how we perform R&D, I had just replied to a gentleman from neighboring country and am prompted to post that reply here.

Regarding R&D, I ll only say that we seriously dont believe in reinventing the wheel rather grab whatever is available in the market and go ahead with that and that is why that we have made so many strides in field of esp cruise missiles (U can deduce anything from my this statement but that wud not be an inch closer to what U wud think, just a tip, its got nothing to do with China) but India even having collaboration of Russia in Brahmos, have miserably failed in bringing Nirbhay in some good shape. Other examples of Tejas,Nishant etc etc are in front of us. So thank U so much but we dont want such R&D as yours here.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/if-india...nese-state-media.470934/page-15#ixzz4VlVp0K5B

I can tell you that each of these missile systems has undergone far more modifications, minor and major changes, fixes in hardware and bug fixes and in addition to the numerous design iterations. I won't be able to share the whole details but I can promise you that your scientists are working and often over time and when I talk over times, means many sleepless nights but their passion does not die even when they face problems and even failures. Just the design and testing of a wing takes a lot of time and effort, a constant loop of iteration between aerodynamics, structural design and GNC teams, once they get through comes the team with radars and communication and then they demand certain iterations.. even though the best concepts of current engineering and configuration management are applied. Each and every component gets tested and some of the components are extremely expensive because we are talking about milspec grades of special materials..so QA and QC guys are there...basically testing and evaluation and QAC guys apparently look like villains..but actually they all work together to deliver the nation a system that works and works the first time. I just wrote these few lines so you guys can appreciate the amount of effort goes into these system because all this effort is hidden from your eyes and most of you may never be able to see that in your entire life time but when you see the product just remember these lines. Because when a soldier gets shaheed everybody knows but a lot scientists and engineers even lay their lives during some tests but it never gets shared with the outside world.
May Allah-u Azimushshan give Bereket to all the efforts by the folks involved in these projects for they are working with Ashk-i Ibadet, and reward them from HIS OWN TREASURY commensurate with HIS HONOR and MAJESTY. One single job done with Iman and Ihlas has a thousand Bereket in it...

May Allah-u Azimushshan give Bereket to all the efforts by the folks involved in these projects for they are working with Ashk-i Ibadet, and reward them from HIS OWN TREASURY commensurate with HIS HONOR and MAJESTY. One single job done with Iman and Ihlas has a thousand Bereket in it...

AAMEEN,SUMM AAMEEN.

Pakistan has fought the Soviet Union, survived Bin Ladens 'capture' in Abbotabad, and has survived India's 70 year onslaught against our existence. That's just three broad strokes of the situations we have faced or are facing. There have been plenty more. Question is, how have we survived? The Indians waste no time in telling us how much we are hated around the world. That is their opinion but lets just play with that for a moment. How can a 'third world country' like Pakistan survive so many enemies in such a short period of time? We must either be lethally powerful ourselves or we have a lethally powerful friend who is willing to back us come hell or high water risking its own existence in the process. It has to be one of those two things,
Friend(s)...

Ameen Summ Ameen. Jazak ALLAH.

Lets pray and work hard to make each of our Muslim country stronger in every aspect so one day we will revive our glory of past again.

Just saying salaam to a Turkish brother. Always nice to see you guys.

Friend(s)...

Yes, brother, Friends, and family like Turkey.

Pakistan has fought the Soviet Union, survived Bin Ladens 'capture' in Abbotabad, and has survived India's 70 year onslaught against our existence. That's just three broad strokes of the situations we have faced or are facing. There have been plenty more. Question is, how have we survived? The Indians waste no time in telling us how much we are hated around the world. That is their opinion but lets just play with that for a moment. How can a 'third world country' like Pakistan survive so many enemies in such a short period of time? We must either be lethally powerful ourselves or we have a lethally powerful friend who is willing to back us come hell or high water risking its own existence in the process. It has to be one of those two things,
bateman-warrior-lion.jpg

image066[1].jpg

rehnuma.png

1967 . Shahpur (Top) and Rehnuma sounding rockets were the first Pakistan made rockets.
A rocket manufacturing plant was established near Mauripur, Karachi, using the services of Societe ENSA as consultants. This project was duly completed in 1967 within 3 years and within the projected cost of $3 million. (A Turkish group that visited the plant felt that they would estimate its cost at US$10 million.) This culminated in the first Pakistani-built rocket named the REHNUMA, with the subsequent addition of the much larger SHAHPAR series, launched from Sonmiani from 1967 onwards on a regular basis.

Another view of Shahpur Rocket which was made later than Rahnuma and was much larger.

16114115_1095809470531236_2942799677228090832_n[1].jpg

Rocket tracking facility built then and upgraded later are still being used to track Pakistani missile tests.

Last edited:
You need to read up on "g". to explain it quick and dirty
an object in a free fall accelerates at 9.8 meters per second per second, that means its speed increases by 9.8 meters per second every second. Air friction is no way near enough to slow down a falling object, that is why they burn up

Speed mentioned is the Re-entry speed which happens at 60 Km altitude and then Warhead decelerates due to air friction.
In shaheen-3 the Warhead size has been reduced by 40% compared to Shaheen-2 , hence lower surface area,lower Radar signature, Lower air friction and lesser deceleration after re-entry.
The Re-entry speed of 22260 Km/h was mentioned by SPD official at recent IDEAS Exhibition. You can do the maths.

Currently Pakistan has 13 types of nuclear missiles in service , hence "Full spectrum deterrence". India has only 8.
Complete BS
India has 14:
Prithvi-1
Prithvi-2
Prithvi-3
Dhanush
Agni-1
Agni-2
Agni-3
Agni-4
Agni-5
K-15
K-4
Shaurya
Prahaar
BrahMos
Kh-59ME

BTW Pakistan's Shaheen-3 still uses stabilising fins like obsolete 50s era Scud.

You need to read up on "g". to explain it quick and dirty
an object in a free fall accelerates at 9.8 meters per second per second, that means its speed increases by 9.8 meters per second every second. Air friction is no way near enough to slow down a falling object, that is why they burn up
Hi,
This is a Russian ICBM Re-entry to impact video. You can see there is a 22 second gap between the Re-entry of MIRVs when they start glowing and the impact.
Atmosphere starts at about 100 Km but ballistic objects start glowing at around 60 Kilometer altitude because at that altitude air is dense enough to cause such friction.
That's 60 Kilometers in 22 seconds?
But these objects come in at an angle so they do travel more distance than 60 Km. Even if we take the distance traveled after Re-entry to be time and a half or 90 Kilometers.
that will be 90 km Divided by 22 seconds or average speed of 4 Kilometers per second after entering the atmosphere.
Now it's well known that normal ICBM re-entry speeds are well withing the realms of mach 25+ or 8.5 Kilometers per second.
So here we can see that there has been a deceleration of up to half the initial speed from 8.5 Km/sec to 4 Km/sec.
Deceleration can be less if the Warhead is coming down more vertically.
ut the point being there is a deceleration involved as shown here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom