What's new

Incremental upgrades in Pakistani Nuclear missiles over the years

Bro, American ABM defenses are becoming a reality.

US-missile-defense.jpg

GMD system was given the green signal for deployment in 2004 as a confidence building exercise. However, this system has expanded to 44 interceptors in total (deployed on 24/7 basis) and achieved the capability to intercept ICBMs in 2014. This capability was demonstrated in a live test in 2014 to prove that the system actually works and is no longer a confidence building exercise only.

Since GMD system is becoming truly formidable, Canada has signaled its willingness to join it in 2016.

And yes! The next generation of missile interceptors will be immensely powerful lasers: http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a22450/laser-missile-defense-smds/

Last edited:
Russia: Yes

China: not there yet (China doesn't have a huge inventory of ICBM capable of hitting US mainland)

Existing American ABM defenses can stop a limited barrage of ICBM. However, next-generation of ABM technologies will be laser-based. There is a limit to fighting a bullet with bullet defensive philosophy. So laser technology is the next logical step. In the end, a time will come when MAD doctrine will be obsolete. ;)
In response to underline thing

U mean advancement in EMP and Directed energy weapons ...

As some where I read in article by american anslyst in future nuclear bomb will be poor man weapons ,,, world goes to Energy weapons .. future is very energeticilized ... hope Pakistan will be in this league :pakistan::pakistan:

Bro, American ABM defenses are becoming a reality.

US-missile-defense.jpg
e

GMD system was given the green signal for deployment in 2004 as a confidence building exercise. However, this system has expanded to 44 interceptors in total (deployed on 24/7 basis) and achieved the capability to intercept ICBMs in 2014. This capability was demonstrated in a live test in 2014 to prove that the system actually works and is no longer a confidence building exercise only.

Since GMD system is becoming truly formidable, Canada has signaled its willingness to join it in 2016.

And yes! The next generation of missile interceptors will be immensely powerful lasers: http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a22450/laser-missile-defense-smds/
Sir future ABM system will not include lasers for ICBM but may be for tactical and SRBM but surly not for against strategical ICBM because of atmospheric conditions, you forget ABL results

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir future ABM system will not include lasers for ICBM but may be for tactical and SRBM but surly not for against strategical ICBM because of atmospheric conditions, you forget ABL results
Hi,

I'd Like to clarify a couple of things

a) The lasing source does not have to be within the atmosphere. Especially true for high altitude/Exo-atmosphere interceptions, which of course is very likely for your ICBM scenario. what I mean to say is, the LASER can be put on a satellite...
However that probably may not be necessary owing to the following:

b) Adaptive Optics has come a long way and ground based lasers can be focused onto very high altitude object with a fairly high accuracy.
EDIT>Start:
http://www.navysbir.com/n13_1/N131-076.htm
EDIT>End

The following is just me thinking out loud:

However, the trick for LASER based interceptors is going to be useful power delivery, assuming tracking and adaptive optics are mature enough. Warheads which are designed to come down from space probably have very good heat-shields to deal with reentry temperatures. So, a LASER weapon will have to deliver very high power to overwhelm the heat shield of the warhead. Pulsed LASERs can, in general, deliver very high instantaneous power, so it is probably not going to be too hard. I'd assume the warhead would be most vulnerable during re-entry given that its taking a beating from the atmosphere which will be generating some serious heat, now if a pulsed laser with high enough power was also delivering energy to it, it would most likely lead to the warhead disintegrating.

no kidding...

wow .... looks cool....hopefully would be functional within a year and its existence acknowledged after 10 years

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:
It said something about auto target acquiring guidance and anti tank

cool... we need cheaper top attack cruise missile for conventional strikes
Seems like a conventional strike cruise missile. May be for all those India MTB deploying on borders.

16664917_368871166819620_1452692522684670699_o.png

A new cruise missile just came accross
@Oscar, @Bilal Khan (Quwa), @Khafee, @Bilal Khan 777, @waz, @Horus can you guys confirm this new cruise missile of pakistan or just a fake pics on FB Thanks

Hi,

I'd Like to clarify a couple of things

a) The lasing source does not have to be within the atmosphere. Especially true for high altitude/Exo-atmosphere interceptions, which of course is very likely for your ICBM scenario. what I mean to say is, the LASER can be put on a satellite...
However that probably may not be necessary owing to the following:

b) Adaptive Optics has come a long way and ground based lasers can be focused onto very high altitude object with a fairly high accuracy.
EDIT>Start:
http://www.navysbir.com/n13_1/N131-076.htm
EDIT>End

The following is just me thinking out loud:

However, the trick for LASER based interceptors is going to be useful power delivery, assuming tracking and adaptive optics are mature enough. Warheads which are designed to come down from space probably have very good heat-shields to deal with reentry temperatures. So, a LASER weapon will have to deliver very high power to overwhelm the heat shield of the warhead. Pulsed LASERs can, in general, deliver very high instantaneous power, so it is probably not going to be too hard. I'd assume the warhead would be most vulnerable during re-entry given that its taking a beating from the atmosphere which will be generating some serious heat, now if a pulsed laser with high enough power was also delivering energy to it, it would most likely lead to the warhead disintegrating.
:disagree: lasers is not for end phase but use in boost phase or at mid-course but problem remain same for lasers slight drizzle, fog even slight cloud cover can distort lasers at long range

:disagree: lasers is not for end phase but use in boost phase or at mid-course but problem remain same for lasers slight drizzle, fog even slight cloud cover can distort lasers at long range
But if a warhead has hard outer skin or reflective surface wouldn't laser will have no effect.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom