What's new

Incredible picture of a massive black hole that is so powerful it has prevented TRILLIONS of stars f

Yes yes YES....i love everything which is mysterious in nature.

That is like saying you cant see a country but its boundary.The boundary or the stars that orbit it do define a black hole.Isnt it???

yes you know where the black hole is located from the orbits of the stars. That is how they located the super massive black hole in our galaxy milky way. In the center of milky way there is a huge density of stars. They observed the stars for years plotted their orbits and located the black hole. They never actually saw the super massive black hole but located it :)

you do not see the black hole. You see the stars orbiting and anything that is powerful enough to put stars in an orbit is a black hole.
so what every thing in the universe is orbiting. Even the galaxies are orbiting.
edit: by this logic nucleus is a black hole for an electron.

so what every thing in the universe is orbiting. Even the galaxies are orbiting.
edit: by this logic nucleus is a black hole for an electron.

NO not everything in universe is orbiting. Only the stars that are close enough to the black hole are orbiting the same as planets close enough to stars are orbiting. There are planets and starts not near anything else they are just drifting in space with nothing near to orbit. The galaxies are moving away from each other as the space is expanding. But you know our galaxy Milky way and our closest galaxy Andromeda are coming closer to each other and will collide in about 4 billion years. But you know our solar system will not be affected by the collision. Solar system might be thrown out from the emerged galaxy but it will not effect life in solar system i.e earth because life on earth is supposed to end in 3.75 billion years from now as sun will start to die by that time and earth will lose all of its surface water and will be just like Venus too hot!!

Black hole can be seen?
That's a news for me.
If i still remember my astronomy, we can observe it's effects on the space-time fabric. which gives us idea about it's nature and dimensions

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom