What's new

Incredible Pakistan

1039512_797669193622954_1232987496401044437_o.jpg

safar-e-balad-STEP-IAMD-Lahore-2.jpg

People+of+Gilgit+Baltistan.jpg

marriage-300x336.jpg

gilgit-culture-1.jpg

Very interesting, awesome and very beautifully conveying the regional taste.
I like the way the first guys is walking on ramp, totally realistic too the mood of dressing and not regular two and half moves.
He is doing the traditional GB dance on stage its really hard especially when the drums get quicker but than again i cant dance anyway
@WAJsal @unleashed

He is doing the traditional GB dance on stage its really hard especially when the drums get quicker but than again i cant dance anyway
@WAJsal @unleashed

Well the hareep music itself is such that this kind of dance steps gels very well.
Somehow i find it related to bird dance ...none the less all the cultures of world are special and have its own fun to celebrate.

Well the hareep music itself is such that this kind of dance steps gels very well.
Somehow i find it related to bird dance ...none the less all the cultures of world are special and have its own fun to celebrate.
I think these dances have something to do with mountain fairies i could be be wrong though @unleashed bhai your input is welcome

Very interesting, awesome and very beautifully conveying the regional taste.
I like the way the first guys is walking on ramp, totally realistic too the mood of dressing and not regular two and half moves.
@WAJsal @unleashed
It's all about attitude. Have done it a few times that too around people. Respecting each other and just moving with the beat, there is a leader whom you have to follow, usually go around in circles. There are even festivals in Hunza where they do this in front of a huge crowd. @Viny , women are allowed, they are free to come, they celebrate too. To be honest these festivals are very productive for the locals, foreigners are attracted by theses festivals, take Kalam festival or Shandur for example. Good for the locals.

It's all about attitude. Have done it a few times that too around people. Respecting each other and just moving with the beat, there is a leader whom you have to follow, usually go around in circles. There are even festivals in Hunza where they do this in front of a huge crowd. @Viny , women are allowed, they are free to come, they celebrate too. To be honest these festivals are very productive for the locals, foreigners are attracted by theses festivals, take Kalam festival or Shandur for example. Good for the locals.

More the monetary benefits, what i like that simplicity and connectivity with each other via this kind of functions, binds everyone to roots. Things like these can never be enjoyed in todays rush bush city lives. Till the time they are doing this function for there happiness it will have its essence, once it will get commercialized the soul of the festive will die.
I have been lucky to travel and connect with many remote cultures and I know how the spirit dies of once it gets commercialized.

Having said that, i still love the subtle yet simple masti mood of this guy, and that hat is cherry on top :)

Not to dispresect the dressing culture, but that overcoat can work well as night robe too.. :)

More the monetary benefits, what i like that simplicity and connectivity with each other via this kind of functions, binds everyone to roots. Things like these can never be enjoyed in todays rush bush city lives. Till the time they are doing this function for there happiness it will have its essence, once it will get commercialized the soul of the festive will die.
I have been lucky to travel and connect with many remote cultures and I know how the spirit dies of once it gets commercialized.
Understood the point, but long been commercialized, we live by the culture. Say Shandur at one point was all about Gilgit vs Chitral, meeting on the top of the world and fighting it out. Now there are sponsors, tourist coming from all over the world. People planning for years and making it through, it is a whole different thing than it used to be. The spirit is still alive, the rivalry is still alive, just evolving with the times and with times getting better. Government doing it's best.
same goes for Kalam festival or ones being held in Hunza, one point it was only locals coming to celebrate, and now people from all over the world come. It does change many things but the culture and festivals are still alive. I think the locals have done a great job in preserving their culture and history, it is what binds people together. I don't think it will ever die out, we basically live by the culture, emphasis on the 'basically live.'

Not to dispresect the dressing culture, but that overcoat can work well as night robe too.. :)
This one is designed, it is usually a baggy top, like this:
traditional-dance-by-senior-citizens.jpg

This works too.

Take this festival for example, or this other one:
PAMIR TIMES | Voices of the Mountain Communities – Pictorial – Glimpses of the Baba Ghundi Festival held in Chipursan, Hunza
PAMIR TIMES | Voices of the Mountain Communities – Cultural festival enthralls the residents of Gahkuch, Ghizar

picture are of monal,kot diji(pakistan great wall),ziarat juniper forest,gilgit scenic beauty,and a boat in attabad lake
51dd32ca380e2.jpg
55642d2f8f88e.jpg
55642d2f80cf6.jpg
DSC00091.jpg
monal-islamabad.jpg
ziarat.jpg

,ramkot(mangla dam),hingol national parks mud volcano and mud mountains

Attachments

• 531717_4605724745646_1793729708_n.jpg
    531717_4605724745646_1793729708_n.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 10547638_770632276290937_1361962773748426982_n.jpg
    10547638_770632276290937_1361962773748426982_n.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 20
  • 10024995125_cfe3707cde_b.jpg
    10024995125_cfe3707cde_b.jpg
    537.5 KB · Views: 20
  • beautiful-mud-mountains-in-hingol-national-park.jpg
    beautiful-mud-mountains-in-hingol-national-park.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Hingol March_13-192.JPG
    Hingol March_13-192.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 20
  • ramkot.jpg
    ramkot.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 28
I think these dances have something to do with mountain fairies i could be be wrong though @unleashed bhai your input is welcome
dude no one knows the origin of the GB dance.. however, there are rules and principle which needs to be followed.

since we were shamins, that means we prayed to spirits.. some say 60 spirits were worshiped..
but it is unclear .. Even the name of Baltic fort is unclear .. the word "Baltit" is meaningless

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom