What's new

Incredible India facts and figures

junoon25pk

Reaction score
1. In India 828 million people, or 75.6% of the population, live on less than $2 a day, compared to 72.2% in Sub-Saharan Africa.[
The World Bank further estimates that fully one third (33%) of the world's poor reside in India.
According to the latest (as of December 2008) World Bank estimates on poverty, based on 2005 data, 256 million Indians, or 41.6% of the country's population, survive below the updated international poverty line of $1.25 (PPP) per day
2. Although Indian economy has grown steadily over the last two decades, its growth has been uneven when comparing different social groups, economic groups, geographic regions, and rural and urban areas.[7]Wealth distribution in India is fairly uneven, with the top 10% of income groups earning 33% of the income
3. Although it is difficult to count the total number of prostitutes, or sex workers, latest estimates show that there are some three million in the country, an overwhelming majority in the 15-35 year group. Among these are growing migration and poverty, political instability, erosion of traditional values, desire to earn easy money, globalization and declining job opportunities for uneducated and unskilled youths. Prostitution growing in India, says survey-India-The Times of India
4. it was thought that around 5 million people were living with HIV in India - more than in any other country.
5. The rapid decline in inflation reinforces the impression that the Indian economy is slowing sharply after the economic boom in recent years. Some economists are predicting that the growth rate will be cut in half in 2009.
Interest rates are also expected to be cut further to stimulate growth. BBC NEWS | World | South Asia
6. With a population of well over 1 billion people, India is the second most populous nation in the world. According to UN-HABITAT, India is home to 63% of all slum dwellers in South Asia. This amounts to 170 million people, 17% of the world’s slum dwellers. As India continues to develop its infrastructure and tries to compete economically with the West, it is important that its poorest citizens are able to work together with government to ensure pro-poor development. Homeless International - India: SPARC
7. New Delhi: India stands third, leaving behind countries like Sri Lanka, Jordan and Argentina, when it comes to rape cases, latest data of the Union Home Ministry suggest. Ahead of India are only the United States and South Africa.
According to the data, 18,359 rape cases were registered in India in the first three quarters of this year while in the US, 93,934 and in South Africa 54,926 rape cases were registered respectively. Its official: India 3rd worst offender in rape cases
8. Real per capita income: India behind Sri Lanka and Pakistan . http://www.defence.pk/forums/econom...a-income-india-behind-sri-lanka-pakistan.html
9. Comparison between incredible India and Pakistan
Phone subscriber is more than twice than India .Phone subscriber for 100 people Pakistan 54% India 24%
Pakistan roads are 56% paved where India is 47%
Sanitation available to Pakistan is 85% where as Indian have only 52%
80% of Pakistani children’s are immunized by epidemic where Indian have 59%
And much more check this link below
Pakistan Overtakes India
10.india competing with china and USA in every field like 1 billion people managed to get only one gold in this Beijing Olympics where as china 51 USA 36.Its really close call by India.
11. Incredible India, can you believe it that 800 million people in India do not have clean water to drink. Yes this is true check the link below
Drinking Water for India
12. India has slipped three notches, from 124 to 127, in its ranking on the UNDP's human development index (HDI), which measures the achievements of countries on the basis of indicators like life expectancy, educational attainment and income levels.
India slips in human development ranking-India-The Times of India
13. New Delhi, Nov 17 (IANS) India might be an emerging economic power, but it is way behind Pakistan, Bangladesh and even Afghanistan in providing basic sanitation facilities, a key reason behind the death of 2.1 million children under five in the country. 70% of the Indian population don't have toilets at home and usually go to the footpath, farm or any outdoor place for ablutions
India trails Pakistan, Bangladesh in sanitation
NationMaster - Encyclopedia: Standard of living in India
14. There are no reliable estimates on the total number of homeless people who live where they can on the streets of India's large metropolises of Delhi, Mumbai and Calcutta and in the smaller cities and towns but the number could easily exceed 2 million. It is common to see individuals and families taking shelter where they can under flyovers, in culverts or in large water pipes. Those that sleep on the pavements are often reported to have been run-over by rashly driven vehicles.
Asia Times: Street dwellers visible but ignored
15. The Issue For years, India has been known as a "warehouse for kidneys" or a " great organ bazaar" and has become one of the largest centers for kidney seelers.The Voluntary Health Association of India estimates that each
year more than 2,000 people sell their organs for money (compared
with 500 in 1985 and barely 50 in 1983 (Chandra, p.53). Those
receiving a kidney typically pay from $6,000 to $10,000.

Indian public life is riddled with scandals. One such scandal that distinguishes itself by the way it repeats itself with amazing regularity and hits the headline every few years is the scandal of the Indian kidney bazaar, as crudely described at some stage in its history. The desperation, ingenuity and collusion of the players involved have made India a hot destination
India Kidney Trade
India Together: The Indian kidney bazaar, from Volume 4, Issue 4, of Combat Law

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that sums it all up basically.

Facts and figures don't lie now don't they? By the way, I'd advice you to also post the source links if possible.

Well that sums it all up basically.

Facts and figures don't lie now don't they? By the way, I'd advice you to also post the source links if possible.

Yes, it all going down the hell hole, isn't it!!!!

Know only thing left is India to be part of failed states.

i have complied it my self from different sites and i have the links also.

Good job mate..Clearly shows india is still a third world country. India is in news with western media becouse of our growth rate in last decade. India villages are still poor. Formers are having problem. But as a nation indian metros did some improvement. Now slowly i can see disticts are getting improved...its doing ok with set of poleticians and system its in. It takes a long decades for India to get basic service...

Electricity Housing water etc should be big projects in next decade.

we cant deny one thing that indian economy has improved considerably. its expected to be 2nd largest economy by 2050. however so far that trickle down effect which the gov must have been expecting to take place is still to happen.

there is only a few industries in india that are actually successful, in which the entertainment succeeds the most
while those industries go forward and make money the rest of the population of india is on a decline
but less action is taken on this situation as the indian media only presents india's successful industries to the world and the indian population and not the truth
as a result india is crumbling apart and there is a flaw in most indian's thinking :disagree:
i hope my words do not offend the indian members here as i only stated the truth and nothing else but it

there is only a few industries in india that are actually successful, in which the entertainment succeeds the most
while those industries go forward and make money the rest of the population of india is on a decline ..but less action is taken on this situation as the indian media only presents india's successful industries to the world and the indian population and not the truth...as a result india is crumbling apart and there is a flaw in most indian's thinking :disagree: ...i hope my words do not offend the indian members here as i only stated the truth and nothing else but it
ur right...our family recently closed one chemical factory and lost close to 1 crore rupees in the project. Indian industries (Product) are still not upto international level. China success in production market really a big problem..also india's production level is not at all upto china. The thing is india trying to setup many industries otherthan service now. This is onething intersting and sometime we can also compete.

You can see how many construction projects going on across the country..its very huge....so infrastructure is slowing getting up...again population demand and quality may not be at highest stds...but something is always better...

It is an enigma that India is still intact and forging forward despite all this ills.

Few industries, you are very out of tough with India, I am from gujarat (which only one state perspective) where Industries exports from garments to diamonds to engineering goods. I know because I import gears and gear boxes from Gujarat.

Next time do some research before making a broad statements?

................................................... where Industries exports from garments to diamonds to engineering goods. I know because I import gears and gear boxes from Gujarat.

Next time do some research before making a broad statements?

That is the point my friend. just read above 16 points than make a broad statement like incredible India. India is progressing but its not as a regional power or signature like incredible India, i hope u got the point

viewer.php

It is an enigma that India is still intact and forging forward despite all this ills.

Yes that's a good thing. Nobodies denying that fact. But I think the reason these facts were brought up was so that a "Few" people here and there get off the high horse and embrace their state as a Third world Country. It gets annoying when all of you start prancing around calling India a "Rising Superpower".

Back
Top Bottom