What's new

Include Bangladesh into G20: Yunus to Sarkozy

Can I say, it will be amazing if Bangladesh GDP can exceed Pakistan GDP one day, though I never see it happening, as Pakistan is 8 times bigger.

Did you pass high school??? do you know math??? pakistan in 5.5 times bigger. But the size of a country does not matter. The thing matters which is its human resources. In this regard bd is ahead of pakistan. Pakistan's literacy rate is 54% where as bd has 63% and it will be almost 100% by 2020. By 2030 bangladesh will produce 1.5 times graduate then pakistan despite with 70 % of pakistan's population.

With due respect satish can you please point me few stuff that India is helping Bangladesh with???

N what is your definition of poor??? Do you have any idea that India has more people below poverty line then bangladesh and poverty intensity is also higher in India then bangladesh??

Our foreign export was 18 billion last year among which India played the least part. It was only 300 million. Where as bangladesh is india's 3rd biggest exporting destination and exported more then 3 billion usd worth of product.

In less then 3 year bd is expecting to export around 40 billion USD worth of product. Our remittance flow is 12 billion USD and reserve is 11 billion USD.

We are least dependent on India.

Since you asked the below is the source.

Helping Bangladesh

Two significant initiatives which India has taken to help Bangaldesh are, first, the promise of 250 Mw of power to the energy-deficient neighbour, even when India itself is in deficit, and, second, the offer of a $1-billion line of credit for infrastructure development. Another important Indian initiative is to reduce the list of negative items of import from Bangladesh and extend to Bangladesh the zero tariff treatment, available to Saarc’s less developed countries. In turn, Bangladesh has given India access to two ports, Chittagong and Mongla, through which Northeast India can access the Bay of Bengal. Both sides have taken small steps to facilitate transit of goods — through India from Nepal and Bhutan to Bangladesh and between India and its northeast through Bangladesh. Also, it has been decided to take forward the project to link Tripura by rail to Bangladesh.

South Asia needs a 2nd representation in the G20 group, will perfer it to be Bangladesh.

Pakistan should concentrate in the WOT. :tup:

Stop begging for donation and aid from others.You are one of the largest taker of these. bangladesh is listed upon the least developed countries in the world. so these aid are not gonna help you, you are poors and will remain poor.

As I mentioned above you are showing your moronic logic more and more as post.
There is a eye opener for a IDIOT like you.

You received more than 12 billion dollar in aid including debt relief that is your total inflow of aid.
1877912.gif

BD's net inflow of 2009 is -10 million dollar. That means literally no aid was used in 2009 in Bangladesh economy instead we paid back net 10 million dollar.

1867292.gif

Thats a eye opener for a donkey???

Do you know the real rality behind that?? Your countries news paper published a report and you take it for granted...

Your country has asked for free transit from bangladesh and our foolish government has agreed on that. After that your country has offered 1 billion usd credit to build the infrastructure which will be needed for transit and will mainly be used by India... n our government also agreed with that but with a condition all the project work will be done by Indian companies ....

For this now in bangladesh lots of controversies going on. Why government had agreed on a credit which bangladesh will not use almost at all and to build infrastructure for indian free transit and which bangladesh will have to pay with interest...

Even many government orgs also shown reservation due to poor product quality of India and about another clause Indian consultants will supervide those projects.

Just look bangladesh will use myaanmar as transit but bangladesh is paying for all the transit infrastructure unlike india which extended credit to build infrastructure by its sub standard companies for its own use which bd will have to pay with interest.

India so far has not provided any benefot to bangladesh. Just look at the trade volume. India exported 3 billion usd worth of product to bd and bd exported only 300 million out of its total export of 18 nillion USD.

India plays very minor role in development of bd or to its export.

As I mentioned above you are showing your moronic logic more and more as post.
There is a eye opener for a IDIOT like you.

You received more than 12 billion dollar in aid including debt relief that is your total inflow of aid.
1877912.gif

BD's net inflow of 2009 is -10 million dollar. That means literally no aid was used in 2009 in Bangladesh economy instead we paid back net 10 million dollar.

1867292.gif

Thats a eye opener for a donkey???

It's the per capita aid that matters, just as per capita GDP.

Aid_recipients._$_per_capita,_2007.PNG

It's the per capita aid that matters, just as per capita GDP.

The thing that also matters is that India is not a super rich country that some of your bhartis try to imply and it has more people below poverty line then Bangladesh and Foreign aid also plays a big role indian economy.

Only one question.

I can see some Bangladeshi member calling India "dirt poor".

But are they better than India in comparison of any economic indicators ?? I dont think so.

So if we are dirt poor , then BD is dirt dirt dirt poor.

Only one question.

I can see some Bangladeshi member calling India "dirt poor".

But are they better than India in comparison of any economic indicators ?? I dont think so.

So if we are dirt poor , then BD is dirt dirt dirt poor.

India has more people below poverty line then bangladesh... now you can assume or think anything you wish.

India has more people below poverty line then bangladesh... now you can assume or think anything you wish.

Is it because there are 1.2 billion Indians and just 180 million BDeshis. ?

Only a fool would compare absolute numbers.

I was asking for the percentage of population BPL.

For example in 2000 India had 28% BPL and BD had a shocking 49% BPL.

http://data.un.org/Data.aspx?d=MDG&f=seriesRowID%3A581

And according to Indexmundi , in comparison to BD's 45% India had just 25% BPL.

http://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?c=in&v=69

The thing that also matters is that India is not a super rich country that some of your bhartis try to imply and it has more people below poverty line then Bangladesh and Foreign aid also plays a big role indian economy.

No India is a developing country and no foreign aid doesn't play any role in economy.

Is it because there are 1.2 billion Indians and just 180 million BDeshis. ?

Only a fool would compare absolute numbers.

I was asking for the percentage of population BPL.

I am talking about poverty with respect to population....

Bangladesh has 30% people below poverty line...

Poverty declines at faster rate

In india this figure is as high as 77% by some report but government of india accepted 37% figure...

It's official: 37 pc live below poverty line - India News - IBNLive

I was not talking about numbers as I know India has 1/3 rd of the poor people of the world and has poor people 26 sub saharan african countries combined and couple of times poor people then entire bd population.

My 2 cents..

Back
Top Bottom