What's new

In Thailand, Being Black or Looking Dark is ‘Ugly’: Racist, or just misguided?

To be honest, i have seen this in almost all asian countries i have been to from. china to korea to thailand to malaysia etc, obviously white skin is envied and respected, while darker skin(doesnt always have to be black ) is looked down upon. Plus its easier to get girls there when you are white @Peter C :D:P .
Overall, i dont think its racism per se, more like ignorance. IMO. As asians only recently started to mingle with people from other races in their country, compared to we in europe who have been in contact/mingled with other races for ages(through immigration and colonisation etc).

Its definitely an Asian thing, but in the specific case of Thailand, its racism for sure, they very much look down on Thai people of dark skin. I lived there for 7 years and yes, white caucasians can definitely get girls very easily down there. :partay:

Its definitely an Asian thing, but in the specific case of Thailand, its racism for sure, they very much look down on Thai people of dark skin. I lived there for 7 years and yes, white caucasians can definitely get girls very easily down there. :partay:

don't forget their Ads too!

don't forget their Ads too!

The Thai ad is implying that Blacks are labourers, scary thugs and social status is lower than shit in the form of plaque/gingivitis.

Asians want to have white skin because its seen as a status of beauty and high class. While Caucasian get a tan to get darker skin because pale white skin is considered unhealthy.

Last edited:
To be honest, i have seen this in almost all asian countries i have been to from. china to korea to thailand to malaysia etc, obviously white skin is envied and respected, while darker skin(doesnt always have to be black ) is looked down upon. Plus its easier to get girls there when you are white @Peter C :D:P .
Overall, i dont think its racism per se, more like ignorance. IMO. As asians only recently started to mingle with people from other races in their country, compared to we in europe who have been in contact/mingled with other races for ages(through immigration and colonisation etc).

we don't have the Racism or Ignorance as we are living with the Dark Skinned Papuans for decades. they're proud to be Black and we're FOND of them.

the Papuan song "Yamko Rambe Yamko" is one of the National song. the Papuan culture and dances are also widely popular as well.

Its not racism. It's survival of the fittest. White Caucasians are seen as more wealth. It is more of gold digging nature of women, which I do not look down upon. Now that Koreans and Japanese are also becoming popular as they also looks rich and stylish. For Chinese men from China still far behind on fashion. Movies and TV Series are very important. Last time it was desert prince romantic and Thai women wanna be Arab wifes, for example

Thailand just hasn't discovered political correctness. I don't think they hate anybody they just don't have this extreme sensitivity about everything related to race that Americans do.

I have same sense of beauty, its not racism, its how your perception of beauty is.
By white I mean not complete pale white but like greek/italians.

I wish I can be tan like Thai or Vietnam people! Japanese are born pale skinned so pale skin is natural for us. Dark skin is rare in Japan.

image.jpg

At the same time our people spend a lot of time on the beaches to take sunbathe and then brag with bronze skin to friends...

I think tan skin is good, attractive. I can not tan however I get severe sun burns if I stay out too long. You can tan, Russian comrade?

I wish I can be tan like Thai or Vietnam people! Japanese are born pale skinned so pale skin is natural for us. Dark skin is rare in Japan.

View attachment 246017

I think tan skin is good, attractive. I can not tan however I get severe sun burns if I stay out too long. You can tan, Russian comrade?

2moi.jpg

Chinese, Vietnamese & Korean

Kinh/Jing Vietnamese are born with fair skin they are not dark or very light. Some have tan skin because of hot humid weather in South VN.

Thais varies with ethnic Tai & Thai Chinese having naturally fair skin. While Mon Khmer ethnics with medium to dark skin tone.

And Japanese don't have pale white skin unless your people bleach their skin. It's more of a light beige color....

Last edited:
Desiring lighter skin as more attractive than dark skin can be considered cultural, seeing those with dark skin as inferior as a group to those with light skin is racist. So where does thailand fall on that?

Black Is Beautiful!

Well in this case being Japanese-African American is beautiful!!

744e89575f85f7f7a8d5da10b7668c421dc9dc5a.jpg

Ariana-Miyamoto-520x250.jpg

fu9wyf.jpg

The Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkornf Thailand is a psycho and it is about the time that Thailand becomes a republic. Psycho prince made his dog Air Chief Marshall of Royal Thai Air Force !! Air Chief Marshal Foo Foo, the pet poodle of Thailand’s crown prince, was cremated after four days of Buddhist funeral rites, prompting a surge of coded social media comments in the troubled kingdom, where it is illegal to openly discuss the looming royal succession.

The Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkornf Thailand is a psycho and it is about the time that Thailand becomes a republic. Psycho prince made his dog Air Chief Marshall of Royal Thai Air Force !! Air Chief Marshal Foo Foo, the pet poodle of Thailand’s crown prince, was cremated after four days of Buddhist funeral rites, prompting a surge of coded social media comments in the troubled kingdom, where it is illegal to openly discuss the looming royal succession.

Why do you think there is a military coup in Thailand? The military wants to be in power when the king dies so that they can control who will be the new king.

Back
Top Bottom