What's new

In Pakistan, Happy Diwali trends on Twitter for two days

Hellraiser007

Reaction score
In Pakistan, ‘Happy Diwali’ trends on Twitter for two days

NEW DELHI: Sometimes, tweets can be stranger than fiction. Believe it or not, the greeting Happy Diwali trended on Twitter in Pakistan on Wednesday and Thursday.

A topic makes it to the trends list when the number of tweets about it is relatively higher at a given point in time. Ironically, the bulk of tweets contributing to the trend were those where people wondered why it was trending in Pakistan. "Happy Diwali on the top of trend list n Pakistan! Have to check again kahin India ke tou nhn dekh raha mein??" tweeted @hasiib31, who wondered if he was looking at the Indian trends.

@rickshawrani from Karachi took it positively and tweeted: "You know what I like? I like the fact that Happy Diwali is the topmost trend in Pakistan today. #tolerance #acceptance."

There were a fair number of sincere greetings as well. "I am very much pleased to wish a Happy Diwali to all my Indian friends. We have to live a long time together so we must love one another," posted Lahore journalist @HassanNisarPK, in what turned out to be one of the most retweeted or shared tweets on Diwali eve.

Former Interior minister of Pakistan Rehman Malik posted a series of tweets. "Our prominent religious days teach us love, friendship, respect for each other. Moreover we share happy moments to forget our sorrows," he tweeted, followed by "Happy Diwali to all my Hindu brothers and sisters. I wish u all the best. I hope all my friends in India are enjoying this joyful day."

Interestingly, Happy Children's Day trended in India on Thursday.

In Pakistan, â??Happy Diwaliâ?? trends on Twitter for two days - Times Of India

Last edited by a moderator:
In Pakistan, ‘Happy Diwali’ trends on Twitter for two days

NEW DELHI: Sometimes, tweets can be stranger than fiction. Believe it or not, the greeting Happy Diwali trended on Twitter in Pakistan on Wednesday and Thursday.

A topic makes it to the trends list when the number of tweets about it is relatively higher at a given point in time. Ironically, the bulk of tweets contributing to the trend were those where people wondered why it was trending in Pakistan. "Happy Diwali on the top of trend list n Pakistan! Have to check again kahin India ke tou nhn dekh raha mein??" tweeted @hasiib31, who wondered if he was looking at the Indian trends.

@rickshawrani from Karachi took it positively and tweeted: "You know what I like? I like the fact that Happy Diwali is the topmost trend in Pakistan today. #tolerance #acceptance."

There were a fair number of sincere greetings as well. "I am very much pleased to wish a Happy Diwali to all my Indian friends. We have to live a long time together so we must love one another," posted Lahore journalist @HassanNisarPK, in what turned out to be one of the most retweeted or shared tweets on Diwali eve.

Former Interior minister of Pakistan Rehman Malik posted a series of tweets. "Our prominent religious days teach us love, friendship, respect for each other. Moreover we share happy moments to forget our sorrows," he tweeted, followed by "Happy Diwali to all my Hindu brothers and sisters. I wish u all the best. I hope all my friends in India are enjoying this joyful day."

Interestingly, Happy Children's Day trended in India on Thursday.

In Pakistan, â??Happy Diwaliâ?? trends on Twitter for two days - Times Of India

This is a sign that majority of pakistani educated populace wants to convert back to way of dharma... To The sanatan dharma ... From which their forefathers were forcebly converted to barbarian ideology of looter arabs and turks

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a sign that majority of pakistani educated populace wants to convert back to way of dharma... To The sanatan dharma ... From which their forefathers were forcebly converted to barbarian ideology of looter arabs and turks

People just want good prosperous relations for the benefit of the people. They are willing to put aside the politicians. That's all that means, not your dharma, sanatan dharma and barbarian ideology wet dreams.

People just want good prosperous relations for the benefit of the people. They are willing to put aside the politicians. That's all that means, not your dharma, sanatan dharma and barbarian ideology wet dreams.

I can bet on what I just wrote... Islam will lose most progressive of followers by the end of this century... Rest less educated followers will either kill each other or follow their elites ...

I can bet on what I just wrote... Islam will lose most progressive of followers by the end of this century... Rest less educated followers will either kill each other or follow their elites ...

Oh please. Islam is flourishing not just in Pakistan but so in India.

Anti-Islamists like you should be worried about Muslim population growth in India. Any plans for that?

Absolutely wrong....It is from these kind of people of Pakistan who want to leave happily and also let us leave others to leave happy...There is joy in sharing others happiness by sharing and wishing on other peoples festival and goof occasions....

Dude for the sake for those good people in Pakistan don't unnecessarily communicate something messy...

Anyway thanks for those people who has wished us in twitter...

Oh please. Islam is flourishing not just in Pakistan but so in India.

Anti-Islamists like you should be worried about Muslim population growth in India. Any plans for that?

Dude there is a difference between anti Islamist and anti Pakistani and most of the times..Indian people get confused
Anyway....yes we are concerned but not because of anti Islamist but fundamentalist people and pseudo secular people of our nation....They may be from Hindu or Muslim or Christian comm..They are a threat to India and its secularism...

gentlemen "sanatan dharma " means tolerance for all religions , and saying that everyone has a right to practice what he wishes , now it is already happening . i see you live in states, arn't you practicing the same there , accepting all religions to be equal ?

not a good comment bro

conversion has never been an option for sanatan dharm and never shud be

STOP TROLLING MATES....:angry:

Don't bring religion in every damn thing its just tweets for Gods sake....:hang3:

On Topic:
A Welcome move...
A tolerant society is good for the region as well as for Pak itself....:agree:

This thread is about the change of attitude of the Pakistani public not related to religion and Indians also wish Eid Mubarak to Pakistanis nothing new.

This thread is about the change of attitude of the Pakistani public not related to religion and Indians also wish Eid Mubarak to Pakistanis nothing new.

what ! eid is mainly our festival mate, we have more indian muslims here ! the bigger party is on this side of border , if pakistanis want to join in, they are welcome !

Really? because i have no clue what half of the stuff you said means :enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom