What's new

In India, no toilets for women

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as we don't solve these social stigmas, such articles everyday on main page are always welcome. At least it can wake up the people and the politicians.

I'm no fan of @Zarvan, but don't shoot the messenger guys. The article is from your own reputable Indian media, The Hindu.

Why should a Pakistani citizen worry about an article published in Indian newspaper "The Hindu" ?

Sure open thread on polio. Opening thread on pak polio issue will have toilets naturally sprouting accross india.
India is a big country.............May parts of India are developed at par with western countries(HDI,health index or Poverty)...........You Just Google about Kerala ...............We are developing and we have our problems............am sure we will overcome all these shortfalls as the literacy rate increases..................But what are the intentions of the Thread Opener................Does he really care for India..............

Make member of parliament's families to live in houses without toilers for just 24 hours. I hope before the end of the 24 hours, a bill will be passed and funds allocated for a toilet in each household.
Votes sell more easily on antipak and anti islam rhetoric than on promises to build toilets.

India is a big country.............May parts of India are developed at par with western countries(HDI,health index or Poverty)...........You Just Google about Kerala ...............We are developing and we have our problems............am sure we will overcome all these shortfalls as the literacy rate increases..................But what are the intentions of the Thread Opener................Does he really care for India..............
I cared for ur women. Iwnt say more.

Votes sell more easily on antipak and anti islam rhetoric than on promises to build toilets.

I cared for ur women. Iwnt say more.
Compared to that, on this side votes are indeed sold on promises to address local issues but those issues are never addressed but stupid people continue to vote regardless.

Compared to that, on this side votes are indeed sold on promises to address local issues but those issues are never addressed but stupid people continue to vote regardless.
Sooo trueeeeee.

Lol wtf is a multi? Stalking you? You're the one who pulled the trigger first, in some "new baby girl" thread, don't remember now? Anyways you give too much importance to yourself man. Bye.
She is a lady I think. And she hates India and indian like hell. Lol

Why should a Pakistani citizen worry about an article published in Indian newspaper "The Hindu" ?
His purpose is quite obvious.

However, let's try to see something positive for ourselves there. It is indeed a social problem for us.

Ohh.. you have absolutely no idea. Modi came to power by promising that he will develop India the way he did it for Gujarat. That was the major selling point. Faster development, the pace of which was getting slower, more job opportunities, better education.

However, you are free to see it the way you see fit. Does it matter ? What matters is what we, a country of 1.2 billion population decide for ourselves.

Make member of parliament's families to live in houses without toilers for just 24 hours. I hope before the end of the 24 hours, a bill will be passed and funds allocated for a toilet in each household.

Govt. of India has allocated about US$ 32 billion (Rs. 1,96,000 crore) for cleanliness and sanitation. The amount will be spent over 5 years and that makes it roughly about the same as Pakistan's defence budget.

Clean India Campaign: Village panchayats to get Rs 20 lakh each | The Indian Express

To my fellow Indians on this forum, lets not get defensive about this. Not that Pakistan or any country in South Asia does not have the problem of open defecation, sanitation and cleanliness but the best reply to it would be - first by acknowledging the problem and second by addressing it. Our aim should be 100% sanitation and cleanliness and not just being comparably better than our neighbours. For us its not a problem of funding but attitude. I have yet to come across the history of sanitation in India. The moghul residences and forts did not have toilets and perhaps the europeans were the first to use fixed toilets. The concept of fixed toilets inside the house was beyond the imagination of ours and since we had a particular untouchable caste for cleaning, no one thought about developing the concept of sanitation. Perhaps nothing in the field of sanitation was done by Indians after the indus valley civilization.

The two things that really make me ashamed about my country and people are 1. the cleanliness and sanitation and 2. inhuman discrimination of dalits. However, I am happy with the progress we are making in these two areas.

Govt. of India has allocated about US$ 32 billion (Rs. 1,96,000 crore) for cleanliness and sanitation. The amount will be spent over 5 years and that makes it roughly about the same as Pakistan's defence budget.

There defense budget is around 8 billion i think and not 32 billion :coffee:

No one gives two hoots abt pakistan or pakistanis here... India is no pak where people are obsessed ant India and indians...

There defense budget is around 8 billion i think and not 32 billion :coffee:
In last 5 years Pakistan's cumulative defence budget was in the zone of 32 billion USD. Even our sanitation budget is for 5 years i.e. about 6.4 billion USD per annum.

If close toilets where so important for nature and human health, nature would have built it.

Utter BS. All those "artificial" things like toilets, medicine, laws etc etc have increased the human lifespan by several decades and are not made by "nature" either

Proper sanitation is a must for any society these days and the current situation in India is nothing else but an embarrassment.
The lack of a sanitation and sewage system thats working kills tens of thousands of people each year in India and costs us billions of dollars, and all you have is your "paid media" conspiracy BS?
Is it that those people dont matter to you or is it because of your feel good factor?

"In 2013 more than 340,000 children under five died from diarrhoeal diseases due to a lack of safe water, sanitation and basic hygiene – an average of almost 1,000 deaths per day."
Lack of toilets dangerous for everyone, UNICEF says | Press centre | UNICEF

This menace has not only to do with money or education... I`ve seen it several times how parents tell their children to urinate infront of the the house despite the fact that the toilet is just 10 m away inside their home...

As long as we don't solve these social stigmas, such articles everyday on main page are always welcome. At least it can wake up the people and the politicians.

#
Exactly, let the whole world laugh at us! Maybe then some people will attempt to think about their disgusting and dangerous behavior

Present NDA Government has proposed Housing for all Indian by the year 2022. If they deliver what they have promised then this grim situation will start changing in next 20 or 30 months.
At least all Gov. Schools will have separate toilets for girl students by August 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom