What's new

In India 7 yrs in jail for eating beef; cops can raid on mere suspicion

At least they wont call it blasphemy and jail u right away....
I have never come across news or report which says person jailed for eating beef...
This law is not applicable in all of India...At least the state i come from, Kerala.....

I myself believe that eating non-veg is against vedic dharma....but then why should some people tell others what to eat or what not to eat?? for me my religion is personal thing and i do not care if others eat beef or not...this law should be taken down...

those who think old cattles should not be killed then they should do it on their own expenses...i have done it and others can do it too...rather than forcing it on those who can not afford it or simple dont care about it...
Bhaktivedanta Swami Goshala

yup i have changed a long way from supporting this law to opposing it.

Hindus and beef is like Muslims and pork they just dont match up in their eyes.

Big difference.

- Muslims think that pigs are dirty animals, so they themselves don't want to eat it. But they don't care if non-Muslims eat it or not.

- Hindus think that cows are holy animals, and this anti-beef law is going to stop everyone in the state from eating beef, even non-Hindus.

@kingkobra :

Hinduism is not just Vedic Dharma..It's just one component of Hinduism.

Anyway slaughter of cattle is a sensitive issue for the absolute majority of Hindus..but that also means denying a choice for others.

So as a compromise between Hindu sentiments and culinary habits of others, slaughter of cows/selling them in public should be banned.

@kingkobra :

Hinduism is not just Vedic Dharma..It's just one component of Hinduism.

Anyway slaughter of cattle is a sensitive issue for the absolute majority of Hindus..but that also means denying a choice for others.

So as a compromise between Hindu sentiments and culinary habits of others, slaughter of cows/selling them in public should be banned.

as per vedic dharma any type of violence against animals is crime..but not as per hindu dharma..hindu dharma allows sacrifice of animals to deities...

as per vedic dharma any type of violence against animals is crime..but not as per hindu dharma..hindu dharma allows sacrifice of animals to deities...

I'm not sure...somewhere I have read verses in the Vedas talking about animal sacrifices..anyway vedic dharma is just followed by a very small minority of the people mostly Brahmins.

Depends which school of Hinduism you follow such as Vedanta.

I'm not sure...somewhere I have read verses in the Vedas talking about animal sacrifices..anyway vedic dharma is just followed by a very small minority of the people mostly Brahmins.

no where in vedas animal sacrifice is justified or even mentioned...wrong translation by griffith and western so called scholars are to be blamed for this...

no where in vedas animal sacrifice is justified or even mentioned...wrong translation by griffith and western so called scholars are to be blamed for this...

Not sure...I'm not well versed in the vedic stuff.

Thsi is non-sense... let people eat what they want to eat..... And nothing beats a nice medium rare fillet mignon

Big difference.

- Muslims think that pigs are dirty animals, so they themselves don't want to eat it. But they don't care if non-Muslims eat it or not.

- Hindus think that cows are holy animals, and this anti-beef law is going to stop everyone in the state from eating beef, even non-Hindus.

Not only Hindus but Buddhist too hence why Burma banned it and it was called hush hush meat.

Thsi is non-sense... let people eat what they want to eat..... And nothing beats a nice medium rare fillet mignon

This is India not USA, I understand your point but for example where my grandparents live in India nobody would dare touch a cow it just wont happen people are far too religious in some places. Madhya pradash is Hindu dominated and has some important Hindu shrines.

Not only Hindus but Buddhist too hence why Burma banned it and it was called hush hush meat.

This is India not USA, I understand your point but for example where my grandparents live in India nobody would dare touch a cow it just wont happen people are far too religious in some places. Madhya pradash is Hindu dominated and has some important Hindu shrines.

burma banned beef? are you sure?

Philosophical question here:

Would Hindu still consider beef offensive if we could create beef artificially in a laboratory setting?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom