What's new

In between all the hostilities, the moments of little happiness and smiles !

The Headache

Reaction score
Country
India
My brother is a voluntary retired Army Major. He is 32. Served in the army as a doctor. Recently he came over to my house and I gradually started asking him about his past there. He said and I quote " Indian and Pakistani soldiers, on the most far off borders, live a life that is hell but same. They know just one thing - The hell we'll create for the guys on other side will bounce back to us ". I pointed that the lives on both sides must be miserable.
He said " Not at all. Even in the time of highest hostilities, they sometimes manage to bond without thinking about whats happening in other areas ". I was deeply shocked. To explain that he narrated me an Incident.
During his time in forces, he had a friend in Punjab Regiment. A capt. @ that time and pretty young. He was posted on border. His outpost was just 150 meters away from Pak's. The capt./maj. on the other side in the post would often come out shouting on the border " Oye Kaptaan! Bore ho raha hu main aur mere bande bhi. Please bhai koi movie-shovie dekh li toh uski CD bhej de ! (Hey Captain! Me and my guys are getting pretty bored out here. Please send out some CDs of movies you have watched) ". The captain would wrap the the C.D in something and would throw it to the other side like a javelin or a boomerang without crossing. (The border was on a pretty rugged and hilly terrain).
Another incident was when a pakistani jawan had a pretty bad stomach ache. The Pak's capt./Maj. came out shouting "Suno oye. Mere ek bande ka bahut bura pet dard hai. Yaha par koi nursing ka bhi nhi hai. Tumhaare yahan toh ek Dr. hai. Please bhijwa do thodey medicines ke saath ( Listen. One of my guys is having a sore stomach. We don't even have a nursing staff here. You have a Dr. Please send him with some medicines ) ". The Dr., who also happened to be a major, was unluckily a bit fatty. So when he crossed over to check the bed-ridden soldier, he was welcomed by Pak Punjabi soldiers jokingly " Kyu doctor! Bada khande peende ho aaj kal. Tond vaddi nikkal aayi. Thodi reh theher jaana baad mein. Murga banya si. Chakh ke vekhi toh mauj hi aani hai ( Hey Doc. Seems you are eating a lot these days. Your tummy is visible. Just stay on after you are done. Have cooked chicken. Just taste it. You'll like it! ) ".
Another incident is of a particular company of Punjab regiment which is very notorious for provoking the soldiers on other side with jokes, poking and leg-pulling. A Pak punjabi soldier was simply passing through. There were 4 Punjab Regiment soldiers. Poking fun at the soldier, they asked " Kyu faujji, kitthey vaagha jaa riya si? Dast ho gaye ne ki twaanu ? ( Better not translate this part :D ;) ) ". And there exchanged some maa-behen abuses across Indo-Pak border.

What we are always shown on TV is only bloodshed on both sides. Soldiers actually live their lives on both sides of the border like next door neighbor. We are shown only bullets, artillery and mortar shell that are exchanged. But there is no and never will be any account of how many movie C.Ds, Doctors, medicines and of course jokes and Maa and Behen verbal abuses (in lighter mood) that are exchanged.....

Sure, and when one of the Indian jawan wanders over, he is arrested and put in Jail . :coffee:

Do you know who this is ?

chavan-ie-l.jpg
Please don't act like a troll. A jawan is lost here and there as well. We all are saddened by it. I didn't mean any disrespect to our martyrs. Please don't get me wrong and don't act like a hot-head. Hope you'll get it !

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom