What's new

In a first, Indian tank brigades to defend China border

That's good. Merkava IV from Israel looks good too. Only problem i see its too heavy 65 tonnes where as T90 is 45 tonnes.

It would be better to order more Arjun than merkava ..........

It would be better to order more Arjun than merkava ..........
The Merkava is a different concept altogether. Apart from its crew of 4 it also carries a section of infantry within the tank which therefore serves as an armored personnel carrier too. Arjun doesn't carry any infantry but is supported by infantry mounted in armoured personnel carriers or Infantry Combat Vehicles.

I guess there is some limitation of range with the Merkava too. Not sure though. I wouldnt be surprised though, since Israel is small and the Merkava is perfect for their needs.

That's good. Merkava IV from Israel looks good too. Only problem i see its too heavy 65 tonnes where as T90 is 45 tonnes.

The Arjun is India's version of Merkava:laugh: Many Israelis have also stated that Arjun Mk-II bears many
similarities to the Merkave Mk-IV Besides, their weight class is also more or less the same (65t; 67t) so
anywhere one can go, the other can too!

IA has ordered 124+124+118 Arjuns so far, that sums up 366 tanks (248 Mk-1, 118 Mk-2), coupled
with 1,600+ T-90s and upto >2,000 upgraded T-72m1,,,that's enough for IA I think. Merkava
is an excellent tank for Israeli ops though, especially the Mk-4.

So currently we have only got MKIs deployed on the NE airbases or Mirages and Mig-29s are also there ??:undecided:
I hope they are not totally dependent on the mkis to defend our terrotories against chinese jets..

Just a move to counter the univresally established fact that 80% of IA and ALL of its mechanzied/armoured units are poised against Pakistan.

P.S. Details on the above claim can be provided on demand, so think before jumping the gun.

So currently we have only got MKIs deployed on the NE airbases or Mirages and Mig-29s are also there ??:undecided:
I hope they are not totally dependent on the mkis to defend our terrotories against chinese jets..

Large numbers of jets should not be deployed on any frontline airbase bcoz they'll become easy targets
for pre-empitive strikes. Aircraft from other AFBs will arrive at the theatre when it calls for it, about
32 MKIs (out of a fleet of > 200) are permenently stationed at NE bases, other types of jets (like
A2G bombers) will be for after air superiority has been secured at a certain AO.

Just a move to counter the univresally established fact that 80% of IA and ALL of its mechanzied/armoured units are poised against Pakistan.

P.S. Details on the above claim can be provided on demand, so think before jumping the gun.

Does your post bear any relevence to the topic? Or do you really have insider info about IA's war
doctrine?:lol:

Does your post bear any relevence to the topic? Or do you really have insider info about IA's war
doctrine?:lol:

As i can see that you are baby on PDF, why dont you start with searching about it on PDF, let alone google. ;)

BTW, i have posted the IA doctrine an upteenth time on PDF, why dont you go rummage through it?

As i can see that you are baby on PDF, why dont you start with searching about it on PDF, let alone google. ;)

BTW, i have posted the IA doctrine an upteenth time on PDF, why dont you go rummage through it?
Don't worry, IA's war doctrine is changed :D and it is now preparing itself for much better and deserving opponent..

^^ Yeah, we have been fed this BS since the year 2000.

Still the fact of the matter is that 25 Infantry Divisions out of a total of your 33 Infantry Divisions are against Pakistan, 3 out of your 3 Armored Divisions are against Pakistan and 3 out of your 3 Mechanized Division are against Pakistan.

In short, 10 out of your 13 Corps are poised against Pakistan.

^^ Look, who is talking.

Anywaz, on a serious note 'India Defence' sub-forum is not restricted to indian members only. Second, i have given you my reasons for what i feel about this so called 'deployment', so why dont you grow up and do the same instead of acting like cry babies?

Why does India want to ''counter'' some statistic? What inherent value does it have? The move it to bolster our defences in areas other than Pakistan facing areas, now true to national character you are spinning it to claim the usual - that the world revolves around pakistan LOL!!! This on a thread about Indian deployment on China front.

WOW! Obsession.

@Xeric: I think its easy to contemplate why we have this structure. For our eastern border, we don't have to send the western ones. Instead we would include more for China front. War with China is far less probable than war with Pakistan. Replace War with Skirmish if War seems far-fetched.

Reason is simple. Both China and India wants their economy to go at faster rate and don't want to create another enemy nation as both are dealing with other neighboring countries. Mutual trade is increasing every year and India is a huge market for Chinese products especially the cheap ones which has the market potential of over 650 million poor people. This is way important for Manufacturing dependent economy of China.

China wants to be prepared for any eventuality regarding SCS and USN. Japan, South Korea, Vietnam with US backing is far more potent than India alone. Even then they are improving infrastructure near India. Considering this, India should take this opportunity to increase its offensive power in East while keeping Western one more stronger than ever.

^^ Yeah, we have been fed this BS since the year 2000.

Still the fact of the matter is that 25 Infantry Divisions out of a total of your 33 Infantry Divisions are against Pakistan, 3 out of your 3 Armored Divisions are against Pakistan and 3 out of your 3 Mechanized Division are against Pakistan.

In short, 10 out of your 13 Corps are poised against Pakistan.

:rolleyes:

The Western CHQ has the 9th and 11th (in addition the 2nd Strike) corps based in Punjab. (f/ Pak)

The Northern CHQ has the 14th, 15th, and 16th corps based in Ladakh, Kashmir, and Jammu
respectively ( f/ Pak & China)

The Eastern CHQ holds the 3rd, 4th, and 33rd corps in Nagaland, Assam & across the Himalayas (f/ China)

The Central CHQ holds the 1st Strike corps as a reserve for support to E-CHQ or S-CHQ in Lucknow (f/ China)

The Southern CHQ has the 21st Strike and 12th Corps are tasked for security ops in South India and
if needed are availble for further ops in Sri Lanka. (f/ any according to deployment)

The South Western CHQ has the 1st (available from ECHQ) and the 10th corps in Punjab. (f/ Pakistan)

It's basically childish to think a Corp is specified to fight a single enemy. Do you remember how we
rapidly shifted Southern Corps to the China border during 1971? Our corps are mobile, they are
restructured anytime to take up to any kind of threat. About the no. of corps you seem obssesed
with, wait and watch:lol:

In the meantime, you can satisfy your countrymen by saying majority of India's forces are against
Pakistan only,,,it's just that Pakistan happens to be closer to those Corps than China. Don't let that
get to your head bcoz I can see scores of Pakistanis perishing everyday with drone strikes, at
this rate, I really don't think even 1 Corps will be needed to tackle Pak. Our nuke missiles are
enough.

Back
Top Bottom