What's new

in 5 years … people forget about Shanghai...and talk Mumbai...

5 years done but no one is talking abut mubay today even lets give new date of 10 more years

When i saw the Op i felt the same...... 5 years, Mumbai is the same...... and i haven't heard anyone talking about it....

Its already happening,yes Mumbai would be a different place by 2024

I am sure @Imran Khan will dig this thread in 2024 and tell you, 15 years gone , No one is talking about Mumbai.....

Manmohan Singh said this in 2004.

There is nothing wrong with dreaming big, but they need to follow through with action and implementation.

Whatever happened with Mumbai surpassing Shanghai by 2009?

PM says let's make Mumbai No 1 city

October 06, 2004 14:10 IST

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday appealed to the Maharashtra electorate to vote "secular parties" back to power to ensure rapid socio-economic development in the country.

"The country had been saved in the last Lok Sabha elections after the communal forces faced a crushing defeat, failing which it would have been difficult to free the country from the grasp of such forces," Singh said addressing a gathering of party workers on his maiden visit to the city after taking over as prime minister.

Singh said that because of a massive growth of in population, Mumbai's transport, communication and social services have come under tremendous strain. "When we talk of a resurgent Asia, people think of the great changes that have come about in Shanghai. I share this aspiration with the chief minister [Sushilkumar Shinde] and senior Congress leaders to transform Mumbai in the next five years in such a manner that people would forget about Shanghai and Mumbai will become a talking point," the prime minister said.

Asserting that his government will restore the lost status of Maharashtra as 'number one' state by revitalising all processes, he said: "I have a dream that we can do it. I believe we can become number one through modernisation, expansion and development and make Mumbai the number one city."

Singh said his government will strive to create an environment in which all sections of people, belonging to all castes and religions, will work together and earn India a rightful place in the comity of nations.

I can't find any place like these in Shanghai: the slum shithole
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

1424945637-0613.jpg

Mumbai-local-Ep-G2.jpg

mumbai_train.jpg

Mumbai local trains carry 6.1 million passengers daily

Mumbai’s local trains are popularly known as the lifeline of the financial capital of India.Carrying more than 6.1 million passengers daily, the local train is the fastest mode of transport available to you. It requires skill, technique and persistence to get in and out of a Mumbai local train.If you have not traveled in a Mumbai local, you have not visited Mumbai, you have not lived, you don’t have any adventure spirit.

http://www.indiamarks.com/take-a-ride-mumbai-local-trains/

They should have been improved instead of wasting thousands of crore on Metro/Mona Rail in Mumbai which no one uses and basically a show off project.

1424945637-0613.jpg

Mumbai-local-Ep-G2.jpg

mumbai_train.jpg

Mumbai local trains carry 6.1 million passengers daily

Mumbai’s local trains are popularly known as the lifeline of the financial capital of India.Carrying more than 6.1 million passengers daily, the local train is the fastest mode of transport available to you. It requires skill, technique and persistence to get in and out of a Mumbai local train.If you have not traveled in a Mumbai local, you have not visited Mumbai, you have not lived, you don’t have any adventure spirit.

http://www.indiamarks.com/take-a-ride-mumbai-local-trains/

They should have been improved instead of wasting thousands of crore on Metro/Mona Rail in Mumbai which no one uses and basically a show off project.

Back
Top Bottom