What's new

In 1947 two muslim countries should have been created!

there should have been 2 muslim countries but who would have led the bengali side?
plus east pakistan got far less than it deserved

^^ It deserved a part of the West Pakistan at least after 1971.

The Western part got more than it deserved.

There was certainly not a death of leaders on the Bengali side. Without those leaders there would not have been a Pakistan. It was the Bengali Muslims that pushed the concept of two nations and Pakistan.

Can we not lay this topic to rest ?

.. if aunty had balls, she would be an uncle.

There was certainly not a death of leaders on the Bengali side. Without those leaders there would not have been a Pakistan. It was the Bengali Muslims that pushed the concept of two nations and Pakistan.

Agreed! Leaders like Sher-e-Bengal A.K Fazlul Haq, Khwaja nazim–ud-din and Hussain Shaheed Suharwardi led the foundation for an independent Muslim state. Bengal showed 100% support for Pakistan and they are equal contributors in independence of Pakistan.

Which other areas were Muslim majority that should have gone to East Pakistan?

I thought the Chittagong hill tracts going to East Pakistan was a major mistake by the British! It destroyed the culture of that place forever.

Muslims were supposed to be given the lion-share because we were the first to protest against the British...but those British culprits backed your side(the Hindus) and we lost our land...if Bangladesh could be merged with Assam and West-Bengal then we could have been known as a stronger nation and India's hope of being super-power wouldnt exist today...the British hated the Muslims and thats why to creat conflicts between Muslims they divided the lands keeping an approximate distance of 1600 km, where both cultures were totally different...and 1600 km of distance was quite difficult for communication...

and about the Chittagong hill tracts...why was it a mistake could you please elaborate? or let me guess the answer, that part should have also be given to india, right!!

Muslims were supposed to be given the lion-share because we were the first to protest against the British...but those British culprits backed your side(the Hindus) and we lost our land...if Bangladesh could be merged with Assam and West-Bengal then we could have been known as a stronger nation and India's hope of being super-power wouldnt exist today...the British hated the Muslims and thats why to creat conflicts between Muslims they divided the lands keeping an approximate distance of 1600 km, where both cultures were totally different...and 1600 km was quite difficult for communication...

Supposed to get the lion-share! By whom?

Why would Hindus want to live in a Muslim majority state if the Muslims are dividing the country in the name of Islam?

and about the Chittagong hill tracts...why was it a mistake could you please elaborate? or let me guess the answer, that part should have also be given to india, right!!

Yes, it was not a Muslim area. Pakistan was created in the name of Islam.

^^ It deserved a part of the West Pakistan at least after 1971.

The Western part got more than it deserved.

Baluchistan, sparsely populated, constitutes a large part of Pakistan (western Pakistan) and was predominantly Muslim. The distribution of land was appropriate, and in fact went in favor of India in violation of the rules of partition in some cases, such as Gurdaspur and Ferozepur.

The Chittagong Hill Tracts were considered part of 'Bengal', and since it was not contiguous with the Hindu Bengal areas that became part of India, it remained part of the Bengal that formed East Pakistan.

Last edited:
Baluchistan, sparsely populated, constitutes a large part of Pakistan (western Pakistan) and was predominantly Muslim, the distribution of land was appropriate, and in fact went in favor of India in violation of the rules of partition in some cases, such as Gurdaspur and Ferozepur.

The Chittagong Hill Tracts were considered part of 'Bengal', and since it was not contiguous with the Hindu Bengal areas that became part of India, it remained part of the Bengal that formed East Pakistan.

Well, the discussion is only academic now. I do know the facts and both the parties had issues with the Radcliffe award. So it was at least equally fair or unfair to both sides.

The "rules of partition" or actually the border division were more or less followed by Mr. Radcliffe. These did go for the most part by the majority population, contiguous areas but sometimes these conditions were overridden by the lay of the land like the course of the river, some manner of distribution of various kinds of assets to both sides etc.

Anyway it does say something about us South Asians (true for the ME also) that we could not sort out the mess created by the departed British in 60 years (and going strong).

Or a transvestite .....

What is your point?

The point I am making is that there is no point in living in the past..in a world of 'if's, I wish, I hope, wouldn't have it been better if..?

There is no way we can rewind even yesterday why discuss 1947 ? The founders of the nations did not expect those who followed them to be so immature, short sighted & stupid so as they porved to be.

There are more pressing issues than the subject of this topic.

What was said was an old military trite used when old situations are needlessly disected.." if aunty had balls, she would be an uncle".

Supposed to get the lion-share! By whom?

Why would Hindus want to live in a Muslim majority state if the Muslims are dividing the country in the name of Islam?

how is it possible for 10 million hindus living in Bangladesh...shouldnt they be kicked out then...!

how is it possible for 10 million hindus living in Bangladesh...shouldnt they be kicked out then...!

What about the 20 million Bangladeshis living in India then?

And millions of Bengali Muslims themselves.

The "kicked out" statement does reflect the kind of person you are. It is the same Hindu army of India that protected you back in 1971 from your Muslim brothers.

See your own Bangladeshi site for a starter course: 1971 Bangladesh Genocide Archive

Back
Top Bottom