What's new

Imran Khan's arrest: Zaman park under attack

Army ‘not available’ for election duty due to security situation, ECP told

Irfan Sadozai Published March 14, 2023 Updated about 8 hours ago

1x1.2x1.5x
The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) was informed on Tuesday that the Pakistan Army will not be available for poll-related duties due to the prevalent security situation within the country and on the borders.
Over the past few months, the law and order situation in the country has worsened, with terrorist groups executing attacks with near impunity across the country. Since the talks with the banned militant group Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan broke down in November, the militant group has intensified its attacks, particularly targeting the police in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and areas bordering Afghanistan.
Separately, provincial elections for the Punjab Assembly are scheduled for April 30 while KP Governor Haji Ghulam Ali said earlier today that he has suggested May 28 as the election date in the province.
A press release issued from the electoral body said that three important meetings were held today under the chairmanship of Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Sikandar Sultan Raja.
The press release said that in the third meeting, Defence Secretary Lt Gen (retd) Hamood Uz Zaman Khan and Additional Secretary Maj Gen Khurram Sarfraz Khan briefed the CEC and ECP officials on the country’s prevalent situation and the military’s deployment within Pakistan and on its borders.
“They said that the army attaches importance to its basic duties, in which the security of the borders and the country is its first priority. They said that the army is not available for election duty at this time due to the present situation in the country,” the press release reads.
The defence ministry officials said that the current economic situation of the country was also affecting the army.
However, they added that in the end it would be the government’s decision whether it kept the military restricted to its primary duties or appointed it for secondary tasks such as election-related duties.
“They also clarified that in case of election duty, the army can be deployed in quick reaction force mode but it is not possible to perform duty in static mode,” the press release reads.

https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sha...awn.com/news/1742158&display=popup&ref=plugin

very true, but we have enough educated folks to guide the lesser educated ones through this period.
Few of us OSPs have much interacted with the growing competent middle class. They can guide this ship right, but only if the corrupt traitors get pushed out. The Germans and Soviets did exactly following their revolutions. Get rid of all traitors in one night. Actually this has been one constant in mankind’s history. Do you expect this army to have Pakistans interests at heart? They are being ruled by DC, and the mental slavery will continue until they are sidelined. Unfortunately, many of the elites must to go as well. This will be Iranian revolution 2.0. History is repeating itself
They're the flag bearer of this hybrid colonization. Just look how pathetic these people are. Always begging the UN to come solve their problems. The Iranians and Turks forged an empire in the Middle East under the thumbs of the Americans. And us? We’re paying them to use their weapons (F16s and security official guarding the planes against unauthorized uses).
Beghairets should strip their Islamic names and choose the kuffar ones like their blood cousins in the eastern country. Lanat 1000x

Can't disagree with you there.
The amounts of people came out in support of the iranian revolution is unbelievable. They didn't want to be puppets but an independent power, today they maybe isolated, under sanctions, high inflation but are still brave enough to not allow 400 drone strikes.

The Turks are also a brave nation, they are working hard to compete with the world whilst Pakistan is running to IMF and UN and cannot even make their own decisions, then lie to the people about Osama killing, allow drone attacks, allow foreign nations to brainwash and radicalised certain section of the society, allow foreigners to build mosques for brainwashing. I dare Pakistan government to build a mosque in Saudi Arabia, UAE or Qatar. Pathetic.

I also don’t understand. They are freely propagating their bullshit anti Islamic and Pakistani views. We’re giving them a platform! They’re vermins!

Because PDF members can patiently counter them. Let them say what they like.

1678848469201.jpeg

I woke and checked to see it went to 1k from like 600 when I decided to sleep. Imran and his followers must be sleep deprived now. And now they'll deny bail again today. And then they'll access his "hardware" and update his software. Not looking good.

Or maybe they'll grant bail for another week to continue the drama and exhaust people more.
They seem quite well organized and very determined, even in the face of a bit of police brutality, tear gas etc..

new people must have come in now to do duty and relieve the night shift guys

there's also protests in other cities, think they were marching on GHQ too, were they ?

IK should ideally surrender and take on them in their supreme court with the best lawyers he can find, maybe get away with a fine and get bail..

if all or most ok Pk awam is as passionate as the protester folk in Zaman park, he's a shoe in to regain the crown.. man will prolly win a historic landslide.

srsly impressed and surprised by their zeal and passion for Mr Khan.. sure puts us "bhakts" to shame, eh ?

@Jango @PakSword

Coming back to the ‘India will take advantage of a mutiny’ arguments, two things:

1. The Army as an institution will not collapse if the top Army leadership is overthrown for treason. There are plenty of equally competent officers and the chain of command will likely continue from the next in seniority down.

2. If things have come to a point where the Army leadership is so obviously politicized (including a majority of corps commanders) then keeping them in power and allowing them to promote yet another generation of corrupt and politicized army officers would be far more damaging in the long run than any immediate threat from the Indians (of which there is very little).

Mutiny, or any such activity, has far reaching consequences.

1- The chain of command gets broken down. Who then obeys whose orders?

2- You remove the COAS, then what? Who leads? There is great potential for infighting.

3- Future decision making processes become open to interpretation. Once a precedent is set, then a group of PSO's every other day can get up and disobey decisions.

What needs to happen within the military is something similar to like how it happened to Mushy, PSO's tell the man at the top that your time is now up, but all that is done internaly and in a drawing room, not over PASSCOM (or now whatsapp :P).

I heard a couple of weeks back, and Wajahat Khan also reported, that ex senior officers including Kyani have told the current COAS to sort things out internally and end this mess.

Guess that message didn't go down so well!

I have not been talking to people in the know these days, but I refuse to believe that this action does not have approval from the powers that be. Rangers awayeen helicopter nikal kar nhn phirti.

Secondly, as is now common knowledge (and you may recall my discussions in Aam Guftugu), Bajwa had a deal with PML that NS will be back and they will sort IK out. Then NS was told to focus on government and leave IK to the boys. Ab jab pallay aur kuch nhn hai, aur elections sar par hain and a way out seems unlikely without an even bigger mess, they want to arrest IK takay kuch to hath aye. It's all connected, that I am sure of.

When I said on this forum that Pakistan Army is turning out to be worse than Indian Army in Kashmir and Israel Forces in Palestine, the boot lickers were losing their shit, now see how they (Establishment) will turn Pakistan into chaos.

‏اگر کمپنی نے فیصلہ کرلیا کہ عمران خان کو کسی صورت نہیں آنے دیناتو
ہم عوام نے بھی فیصلہ کرلیا ہے کہ ہر صورت عمران خان کو ہی لانا ہے
!!

Why would anyone in their mind give in to arrest when the interior minister say 'Is fitnay say mulk ko paak karna hai', 'fitnay ko khatam karna hai' and much more.
He is giving open threat to kill him ....

Why would anyone in their mind give in to arrest when the interior minister say 'Is fitnay say mulk ko paak karna hai', 'fitnay ko khatam karna hai' and much more.

IK should have that epiphany now where he realizes that they are taking advantage of his sharafat. Obviously they only believe in a selective rule of law, which is no rule of law at all.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom