What's new

Imran Khan's arrest: Zaman park under attack

Personal opinion though, IK should have given arrest and then given call for a nationwide protest.

Technically police can arrest him, but it has been long practice that unless it is a murder case, mega corruption, or kidnapping case, police does not go out to complete warrants. Especially when the lawyer is in court, and there is a reason for non-appearance. Moreover, the order for the police is to present hiom in court on Mar 17 I believe, so they don't need to keep him in custody for three days. They just need to present him in court.

This is what a lawyer told me.

But there is no doubt this is a political case, not a legal one. Toshakhana par Nawaz Sharif aur Zardari gariyan lay gaye against the rules, and countless others did the same thing that IK did (all legal btw), and yet there is a case against him, helicopters hovering above, as if it is an ISIS leader hiding out.

Aaj tak helicopter kabhi terrorist attack par police nay use nhn kia!

Govt has been somewhat successful though of shifting the actual debate from the case to this incident. It's like cycle chori par you bring a tank to arrest the suspect. Jab keh chori bhi na ho.

Yesterday Maryam Aurangzeb tweeted that Punjab candidates should submit their nomination papers. Usi waqt I told someone that now they will arrest IK and go ahead with elections. That is their best bet, have elections without IK campaigning. But don't think it will work. Pichlay 11 maheenay hi PTI ki election campaign hai, and even without IK they would probably lose. Jis nay PTI ko vote dena hai us nay ab vote do haftay ki rallion say nhn badalna.

Stupidity all around.

Govt would be hoping for things to go bad and military to come in, that's their saving grace.

OPTION 2: Fauj refuses to come to its senses. Internal mutiny within Fauj becomes necessary to overthrow the corrupt Military cabal or at least force it to change policies and implement OPTION 1
Problem with this option is that a third party will take full benefit of the situation.

Personal opinion though, IK should have given arrest and then given call for a nationwide protest.

Technically police can arrest him, but it has been long practice that unless it is a murder case, mega corruption, or kidnapping case, police does not go out to complete warrants. Especially when the lawyer is in court, and there is a reason for non-appearance. Moreover, the order for the police is to present hiom in court on Mar 17 I believe, so they don't need to keep him in custody for three days. They just need to present him in court.

This is what a lawyer told me.

But there is no doubt this is a political case, not a legal one. Toshakhana par Nawaz Sharif aur Zardari gariyan lay gaye against the rules, and countless others did the same thing that IK did (all legal btw), and yet there is a case against him, helicopters hovering above, as if it is an ISIS leader hiding out.

Aaj tak helicopter kabhi terrorist attack par police nay use nhn kia!

Govt has been somewhat successful though of shifting the actual debate from the case to this incident. It's like cycle chori par you bring a tank to arrest the suspect. Jab keh chori bhi na ho.

Yesterday Maryam Aurangzeb tweeted that Punjab candidates should submit their nomination papers. Usi waqt I told someone that now they will arrest IK and go ahead with elections. That is their best bet, have elections without IK campaigning. But don't think it will work. Pichlay 11 maheenay hi PTI ki election campaign hai, and even without IK they would probably lose. Jis nay PTI ko vote dena hai us nay ab vote do haftay ki rallion say nhn badalna.

Stupidity all around.

Govt would be hoping for things to go bad and military to come in, that's their saving grace.
They will kill him the moment he is arrested

The main Goal was to take attention away from Toshakhaha gift case especially and move it towards imran. Now people have forgotten the toshalhana case. IT is Impossible to Arrest Imran Khan.

Idhr hakoomat ko ayen aur qanoon ki bari pari hai, on a flimsy charge on a procedure where which police never arrests anyone, but udhr election nhn karana qanoon jaye bhar main.

Mulk ko L lagay huay hain and government is busy in BS.

Back
Top Bottom