What's new

Imran Khan withdraws from his NA-1, NA-71 seat in KP

Safriz

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
LAHORE: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan withdrew from his NA-1 Peshawar and Na-71 Mianwali seat on Wednesday, Express News reported.
He said he will take an oath of parliament from his NA-56 Rawalpindi seat.
Imran had participated from four constituencies of the National Assembly and had been defeated in NA-122 Lahore while winning from NA-1 Peshawar, NA-71 Mianwali and NA-56 Rawalpindi.
Ghulam Ahmad Bilour of Awami National Party (ANP) who had earlier conceded defeat in the constituency before election results had come in expressed disappointment at the PTI Chairman’s decision.
As a rule, candidates who are successful in more than one constituencies have to withdraw from all other seats in favour of one.

Shouldn't Peshawar be under PTI, if they won the majority in KPK, after all Peshawar is a Pakhtoon majority city.
And it seems Pakhtoons want PTI to govern, quite unfair I guess.

Now I can understand why people in Pakistan think Punjabis have been politically unfair to the rest of Pakistan...

If this is official then its cool. Infact i am with this decision as personally i believe no one would have Won that seat except Imran khan and Imran needs to keep his presence in punjab as he will be able to show the people of that area progress and development which will only help his cause in other areas. I think the ones he left will be won again by PTI...... winning margins in those areas.

NA-1 peshawar

Imran has over 90000 votes

bilour had over 20000 votes

NA-56

Imran had 80000 votes

hanif had 67000 votes

NA-71

Imran had 132000 votes

obaid ullah shadi had 72000 votes...

Clearly the most difficult seat was the rawalpindi while the other could be won again.

Shouldn't Peshawar be under PTI, if they won the majority in KPK, after all Peshawar is a Pakhtoon majority city.

Now I can understand why people in Pakistan think Punjabis have been politically unfair to the rest of Pakistan...

Pti did a clean sweep in peshawar. there were 4 NA seats and all were won by PTI... imran khan,hamid ul haq,sajid nawaz and gulzar khan.

its about retaining seat..Now any PTI candidate can win the seats IK left..But Pindi seat would have gone to Nawaz...

its about retaining seat..Now any PTI candidate can win the seats IK left..But Pindi seat would have gone to Nawaz...

Hundred percent. I think he definetly would have lost the seat if anyone other then IK would contest. Another factor since entire peshawar is under PTI control chances fo N rigging are less whereas N has an ample influence in pindi and thus could result into rigging. If you wanna look at it from this point of view. :P :P :P

Great, the seat on which Pakhtoons elected their own representative, who happens to be a Pakhtoon is going to be taken over by a Punjabi?

Wise decision and pretty straightforward.

Hanif Abbasi ka ab mun to kala hua hai na!

I wonder if Bilour will make a comeback in by-elections?

Wise decision and pretty straightforward.

Hanif Abbasi ka ab mun to kala hua hai na!

I wonder if Bilour will make a comeback in by-elections?

I doubt it. most he lost by a very large margin even if it was against Imran khan but never the less a very large margin. Most probably those voters will again vote for bat. Hanif ababsi must be shocked that his pindi fortress was taken from him. :P :P the guy won from their the last time. :D :D

thats pretty wrong perception, had it been free and fair elections, PTI would have secured dozens of seats in Punjab, re-counting will ensure this... hope they do, as soon as possible..

Back
Top Bottom