What's new

Imran Khan the politician- discussion

In some ways he does have a point. However, I don't think the correlation between financial status and corruption is nearly as solid. Benazir Bhutto and Nawaz Sharif for instance are reported to have embezzled funds in record amounts despite being extremely wealthy prior to entering politics.

Other than personal attributes of a politician, i.e. desire for money and ability to conduct oneself appropriately in a position of power (something Imran doesn't mention at all), the magnitude of corruption is also highly dependent upon the system of checks and balances within a governmental bureaucracy and most of all the level of involvement of a nation's citizenry.

However, I do believe that his theory holds true for the politicians at the local level; which in developing nations is usually the weakest link.

I use to like imran khan but i don't anymore for some reason I don't think he will be a good leader for pakistan

I'm trying to get a better perspective on Imran Khan the politician. Mind you, this thread is not designed to serve as a forum to push forth his agenda or slander him (if this is the direction the thread takes I will promptly request the Mods to shut it down). I would like to hear some objective and well thought out comments/criticisms on his positions.

Granted my research has been a bit limited, but I have as yet to come across a substantial list of his positions. Right now it seems like the ideas he's putting forth are actually a haphazard collage of conflicting impromptu stances taken over the duration of the past few turbulent years of Pakistani politics and his own vacillating personal life.

The only positions of substance I have come across so far are:

1. A greater role for Islam: This seems to be a personal position given his personal rediscovery of Islam in the recent years. I don't know if he wants the state to actively participate in enabling this, and if so in what capacity? The GoP has already declared Islam to be the state's religion for some decades now.

2. Pakistan becoming a "true democracy"- whatever that is, I haven't been able to find his definition of this term.

3. Pakistan to become a welfare state.

4. De-centralizing and liberalization of the Pakistani economy. As you can see this is completely contradictory to stance #3.

5. Stability, corruption free and anti-militancy.

All of this is well and good, but there are no details on how he actually plans to realistically put any of his visions into practice. How does one go about bringing an end to radicalism within a highly Islamist population while simultaneously promoting (state sponsored?) religiosity? Even if his intention is to replace the "bad Islam" with "good Islam" it seems a rather improbable because there is very little supportive evidence regarding large scale programs of this sort; also considering being that he is not a cleric or a religious leader, on what basis is he taking these positions?

Then there are other revolving door ad-hoc alliances (with everyone from Fazullah, Nawaz Sharif, Bhutto to his now bitter ally Musharraf) which has made it very difficult for me to actually determine what camp he's really throwing his weight behind (he is certainly not a political force by himself).

Your comments are excellent and very knowledgable.

I use to like imran khan but i don't anymore for some reason I don't think he will be a good leader for pakistan

Imran Khan is a great leader but the Pakistani peoples are not giving the time for doing some for Pakistan.

imran khan is the hero of Pakistan

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Imran khan gave us the gift of World cup after him we reach the final but did not got it.

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Imran khan is a true pakistani

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

It was your knowledge less discussion Mr. AgNoStIc MuSliM because Imran is our hero and he always says which is true, and other politician says their heartless things, so Imran khan is not working only for NWFP he is living in Punjab and talking the whole Pakistan's matter and he has the ability for running the country better than each.

It was your knowledge less discussion Mr. AgNoStIc MuSliM because Imran is our hero and he always says which is true, and other politician says their heartless things, so Imran khan is not working only for NWFP he is living in Punjab and talking the whole Pakistan's matter and he has the ability for running the country better than each.

It was your knowledge less discussion Mr. AgNoStIc MuSliM because Imran is our hero and he always says which is true, and other politician says their heartless things, so Imran khan is not working only for NWFP he is living in Punjab and talking the whole Pakistan's [/URL]matter and he has the ability for running the country better than each.

Imran Khan you represent change ... the Pathan of Lahore ... the Lion of Pakistan , In general Elections IK can get alot of votes in KP and Punjab infact this time he can get more votes then PMLN if latest NADRA voter lists are used because guess where majority of the youth(and largest majority of population by statistics) wants to vote ... No not Mr.10% or BB NRO wali or Mr.'Fake degree' Sharif .... I am only skeptical because i m using the word 'votes' and not 'seats'.
I will give you an example when IK had his operation he had it done in his own hospital in Lahore in a simple room which was shared by another patient , He didn't run to London or US for his operation ,this shows the trust he has on his work and achievement ... I will ask you can the current rulers even think of admitting themselves in an ordinary Govt. Hospital which they inaugurate and name it after Benazir . Ik has his problems but thankfully corruption and deception is not one of them .

Funny thread...People say Imran Khan is liked by masses of Pakistan looking at the past and now Imran is doomed. People are too stupid before ppp/nawaz came 2/3 times and same people voted for them knowing they looted money of Pakistan, knowing they've palaces and factories, industries knowing they are corrupt, knowing only these 2 parties nawaz and lot and ppp had put Pakistan into astounding $40 Billion Dollars plus Debt external and more than 25 Billion Rupees Internal Debt. Fool people they'll suffer if they don't wakeup!

imran khan is the hero of Pakistan

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Imran khan gave us the gift of World cup after him we reach the final but did not got it.

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Imran khan is a true pakistani

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Please don't be rude, Agnostic is a highly respected and knowledgeable member of this forum...IK only has one seat in Mianwali, he is surrounded by idiot advisor's who have very little exposure apart from Samiullah Niazi, who else does he have he can trust?

And PTI UK- LOL!

He had his chance in 2009 when Maghdoom Faheem made him the back door offer, he had his chance post election and i remember the promises he made in Lahore... He is slowly becoming a spent force.

Five minutes into it I am already pissed off at what he's saying.

Completely denying that any Taliban existed before the Army went in, and then started killing Civilians. Arguing that Mullah Fazlullah in Swat was leading a "movement for Justice". Nalaik Idiot!

Lal Masjid operation - same old "women and children killed", completely avoids dealing with the actions of the LM Mullah's.

Never mind my earlier comments about him sticking to his principles - he has no problems lying and obfuscating. Playboy Mullah in disguise.

Hahahahahah! Well Done Imran Khan - pissing off the right kind of people:P

Back
Top Bottom