What's new

Imran khan Only Politician Outside US influence: Wiki Leaks

Do any of you remember Maulanat Fazul and his "justifications" on Dawn a day back.. He really made me laugh. So much for the MMA being the "all muslim hope against the evil "tyrant" "Amreika"....

Imran Khan has proved he needs no foreign support. He has made a free cancer treatment hospital as well a university mostly funded by him and the citizens of Pakistan.
What better person to end the need of foreigners in Pakistan, and if foreigners don't listen to him then lets make them listen by electing him. Remember he's a celebrity with a good image abroad, he can present a better picture of Pakistan.]

So by developing a hospital and a university, we can conclude that Imran Khan is capable of making Pakistan Independent from foreign interference.

The foreign interference is directly linked to our economic situation. We live off others and so they have a say in our political get up. Imran cannot solve our economic woes overnight. It is just not possible, if he does become our leader, he will have to please the foreign powers who are keeping our country alive.

We have a flawed policy that won't go away by just switching leaders. Imran might have a good image but the independent policy he wants to pursue is ineffective becuase we are not set up to pursue it.

The mindset that we need foreigners to survive is like a cancer it will cause a lot of destruction. Look at India it openly opposes many US policies and doesn't desperately run after America, Now America is chasing India trying to get its approval.

It is but we cannot remain a viable state without foreign economic aid. We do not have the funds to run this country and that is the reality. This is why we must pursue economic interests and development to become independent. India too was reliant on aid in the past but since its economy grew, it freed itself from foreign interference and pursued a self beneficial policy.

There are many countries out there that are doing very well, that only look after their personal interest.

Yes there are and you know why, becuase they did not take part in nonsense 'money for mujahideen' programs which did not have any benefit for us. While others were building their economies and strenghtening their institutions, we were fighting countries we had no enmity with. We fought the Muslims since our inception at the UN, we fought with Israel, we fought USSR through proxy and many other escapades that made us worse and others better off.

America can be a good ally, but Pakistan needs to stand up for its self that this current situation of terrorism was created by entertaining American wishes, will Pakistanis ever learn from the past. I will finish off with a famous saying, "whoever doesn't learn from the past is doomed to repeat it."

US can be a very useful ally but our leaders were more interested in achieving nonsense enmities with others for some short term benefits.

Pakistan will only be free of foreign interference and dictate, when we put PAKISTAN FIRST , when we build our economy, when we help lift our poor and become self dependent.

I do not care about some 'Ummah' or some pointless allies for whom we do the bidding to much disadvantage.

Build this country by concentrating on equality, separation of religion and state and prosperity of the masses.

Very apt quote, we seem to not learn, do we. We removed Ayub becuase Bhutto said a few things that sounded good. He messed up the country even more and the cycle has been on going for some time.

Its not the leaders but our policies that need to change.

Love u Imran ... u have ur shortcomings but u r blunt and u r not corrupt... atleast u give us a faint hope of voting for someone on 'that' election day otherwise i would have slept on 'that' off day.

Wow imran khan biggest lover of "white wash life" to the extent that he couldnt find a girl in whole of Pakistan to marry and had to convert an english woman is really out of "American influence" I cannot believe this..another stage setting leak by Wikipedia that all..Looks like road is being paved for better chances of this loser..usually loser politicians are more than willing to do anything to please their master in exchange of some powerful seat. I envision the same for imran..good luck!

He is not outside of US influence but he is just not worthy of a mention in a cable from Ms. Patterson.

Imran Khan is much better than the looters Nawaz Sharif and Zardari.

I would chose Imran Khan in a second over Nawaz Sharif and Zardrai and even Musharraf.

Hey, atleast Imran Khan is not a thief and will not let any other country bring their wars in his country. He values Pakistani lives unlike other Pakistani politicians.

Wow imran khan biggest lover of "white wash life" to the extent that he couldnt find a girl in whole of Pakistan to marry and had to convert an english woman is really out of "American influence" I cannot believe this..another stage setting leak by Wikipedia that all..Looks like road is being paved for better chances of this loser..usually loser politicians are more than willing to do anything to please their master in exchange of some powerful seat. I envision the same for imran..good luck!

Well, I am shocked cuz you are talking like little frustrated kid.Imran marries with White girl or African Black girl..its none of our fucki*g business
And if NOT Imran Khan..then do tell me who???? You should tell all people who see IK as a hope

It is true there is no one like Imran in Pakistan. It is also true that he inspires people and gives them hope. But it is also a fact he doesn't stand a chance against leading political parties come election day. Why? Many reasons have been pointed out here already, from a weak party to lack of international backing. Even domestically he's disliked by many powerful groups, organizations, and individuals. For instance, the feudal lords, MQM in karachi, PPP, he's mostly in hot waters with PML-N and the Army, basically no one who matters likes him.

But despite all that he gives many people hope, of a positive change, despite having a weak political party people tend to hope for his arrival as a leader, holding on to wonderful thoughts and ideas of a courageous underdog hero who rises and shines despite everything going against for him. But reality is far different and not meant for such valiant book heroes. But would I also want and hope for such a hero, who wouldn't ?

well Imran khan isn't a bad leader but i wonder pakistani nation doesn't deserve a good leader

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

they all appreciate him but won't vote for him lol

well Imran khan isn't a bad leader but i wonder pakistani nation doesn't deserve a good leader

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

they all appreciate him but won't vote for him lol

They are tied to and driven by their political parties. Doesn't matter how much Zardari is disliked, how many corruption scandals of Nawaz shrief come out, or how mob like behavior of MQM are pointed out or how idiotic JUI member sounds, whenever they hold a rally and tell their supporters to come out, they'll oblige. And then go back home and talk about how corrupt their leaders are.

He is not outside of US influence but he is just not worthy of a mention in a cable from Ms. Patterson.

That's even better. Because when ever Americans consider someone "worthy", we see him getting into some big trouble.

:rolleyes:

i think pakistanis should give a chance to imran khan. i don't say he will be the best but atleast better than formers in last 2 decades.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom