What's new

Imran khan Only Politician Outside US influence: Wiki Leaks

We have the right people in Pakistan who can put this nation on the right course to success, Pakistan has all the ingredients that can make for a very prosperous nation.

We just pursued flawed policies that intertwined our faiths with world powers and we are stuck in a rut.

However it is never too late, Pakistan can and will emerge as a nation worth emulating.

If it happened before it could happen again.

We are the most fortunate in this world as far as our enemies are concerned.There is an old saying

If Man has no enemies ,Fortune must have ignored him

I don't hope.
I believe there will never be too late for Pakistan.

Imran Khan is a honest person but does our powerful army and western powers would allow such politician to gain power who is not trustworthy :)

An individual cannot change things, he needs backing of a organization.
Specifically in pakistan he needs
1. A strong party to back him
2. Mass appeal
3. Support from Army
4. Support from US.

Imran is lacking in more than one of these.

Imran Khan is still a light weight and thus he is not entertained much by foreign countries apart from momentary occasions where he is heard to.

Lets be honest here, without the support of some foreign countries, it is hard to become a leader in Pakistan. The reason for this is they we are reliant on these nations especially economically so we have to go according to their wishes.

Its kinda like how USA scouted religious groups during the 70's in Pakistan to oppose Bhutto, the moderate and peaceful groups opposed the offer and the final resort of US, Jamaat-e-Islami accepted the offer. JI become a formidable party only because of this support and it is still sufficiently entertained to this day.

To free ourselves from foreign interference, we must become self reliant and strong.

Imran Khan has proved he needs no foreign support. He has made a free cancer treatment hospital as well a university mostly funded by him and the citizens of Pakistan.
What better person to end the need of foreigners in Pakistan, and if foreigners don't listen to him then lets make them listen by electing him. Remember he's a celebrity with a good image abroad, he can present a better picture of Pakistan.

The mindset that we need foreigners to survive is like a cancer it will cause a lot of destruction. Look at India it openly opposes many US policies and doesn't desperately run after America, Now America is chasing India trying to get its approval.

There are many countries out there that are doing very well, that only look after their personal interest.

America can be a good ally, but Pakistan needs to stand up for its self right now its just being pushed around. Must I remind you that this current situation of terrorism was created by entertaining American wishes, will Pakistanis ever learn from the past. I will finish off with a famous saying, "whoever doesn't learn from the past is doomed to repeat it."

It is still the same game, divide and rule. Politicians do not trust army and army does not trust politicians. Last 60 years of history has brought us to this level, if some politician tries to be smart and doesn’t bow to foreign powers then he/she is brought down by army general who then send these politicians to exile. These politicians live there for 5 or 10 years where they are groomed by the same foreign powers and thank to these powers for saving their lives. Same or similar politicians are brought back to rule our country but this time politicians would never dare go against foreign powers.
Army should stop sending politicians to other countries after toppling their governments, if army thinks these politicians are corrupt then bring them to justice otherwise please do not use their weaknesses just to prolong army rule.

LUMS survey on politics Educated youth seek mid-term elections
By Mansoor Malik

LAHORE, Nov 30: A majority of Pakistan’s educated youth is highly dissatisfied with the present leaders for their ‘incompetence’ and wants to get rid of them.
A deep sense of pessimism about the national direction and dissatisfaction with the current crop of leaders has increased the demand for midterm elections among the youths, reveal findings of a survey “Voices of Pakistan”, conducted by the Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) in 15 universities of Karachi and Lahore.

Some 1,000 randomly selected students above 18 years of age participated in the survey that represented the dynamics of current political scenario of the country and voices the opinions of Pakistani youth on it.

The LUMS team comprising Kashif Ali Shaikh, Junaid bin Zubair, Arsalan Anwar, Muhammad Arsalan Yaseen and Zara Farooqui conducted the survey to assess the opinion of university students as youngsters are the key players in the current Pakistani politics.

“One thing is for sure that the perceptions and the way Pakistani youth see the country’s politics and the governance is totally different from that of those who actually cast their votes,” the surveyors find.

Asked whether Pakistan really needed a revolution to turn around its fate, around 40 per cent of the people replied in the affirmative. Around 56 per cent believe that for a country to once again move forward, people simply need a leader with some visionary and futuristic prospect. While others feel that a real leader would never come without revolution.

Apart from the few questions on the current government, the survey was focused on former president Pervez Musharraf, now considered a key player as a civilian in Pakistani politics as well as on international arena. He has launched his party and aspires to contest the election with a belief in his prowess to enlighten the country’s dark politics, offer hope to the despondent nation, boost the falling economy and ensure security for the citizens.

As for the question that who could be the choice for steering the country out of the crisis, the survey results showed that only 28 per cent of the people said Pakistan needed Musharraf and around 70 per cent argued that the country needed Imran Khan as its saviour.

The poll also suggested that the likely voters of former prime minister Nawaz Shaif were just around two per cent. Most of Musharraf’s supporters were female students who cited the retired general’s efforts for women emancipation and empowerment reason for their stance.

Around 75 per cent of the people stressed that Musharraf should be held for judicial trial for the atrocities he committed in the form of Martial Law, Kargil issue, military coup etc.

About Musharraf’s vision of “Enlightened Moderation” and “Moderate Islam”, around 57 per cent of the youth were found in his favour with a claim: “We don’t need stern interpretation of Islam but rather need Moderate Islam and only it can take the country forward.” About some questions on the present democratic government, more than 90 per cent of the students expressed dissatisfaction with the current leaders and their style of governance. Around 60 per cent of those surveyed feel that the country should go for midterm election so that Pakistan may get rid of these leaders.

Analysing the survey outcome, the LUMS team says though a majority of the youngsters do not want Musharraf as Pakistan’s leader, many acknowledge his leadership qualities. The vision of enlightened moderation and Moderate Islam is appreciated by the Pakistani youth, they say.

More than 95 per cent feel that he should take part in the political process of the country but at the same time 66 per cent of the people argue that Musharraf should undergo judicial trial. The problem that people seem to have with Musharraf is his misrule and blunders he committed like Lal Masjid issue, the judicial crisis, the Kargil episode, the military coup, they say. Still many believe he is a better option than the present lot.

A majority of those surveyed said the country was going in a wrong direction; almost nine out of every 10 people seem hopeless.

LUMS survey on politics Educated youth seek mid-term elections

Dawn ePaper - Article

While I admire Imran Khan but having heard some of his arguements on various debates, I must add that he is quite naive when it comes to geo-politics.

For instance, he is nationalistic and has opposed US but also stands for moderate Islam. The point Im making is he a man of the old economy and new values, typically centerist.Given,Pakistan's situation and global forces; Pakistan will NOT be allowed to take such positions.

So either he changes his political stances and aligns himself with a certain political group or he brings about a total transformation in Pakistan and maybe South Asia resultantly.But no global power would support this...

Imran anyday for President!

At least he is not corrupt... at least he won't eat the peoples money

That you wont know until he gains some real power. Only then he will show his real face (good or bad). "Power corrupts"- Right now he is a nobody in pakistani politics.

I personally like the guy, he has charisma and says what needs to be said. But then again, most people in the opposition and without real powers always seems impressive, until they have to comprimise their ideals for power.

Last edited:
assalam alaikum

I read a column today by hamid meer at the end of it he is kind of pointing towards imran khan or some one close to imran khan ( the one who is not influenced by the super powers).
Regards

Jang Group Online

TARIQ

With the present Pakistani leadership, HE is the only HOPE seem left for people of Pakistan.
What I understand from his interviews and media conversations is that he has a program for PaKISTAN and its people. He know the ground realities and has a solution for most of these problems if not for all.

Give him a try guys in next election! :tup:

Fighter

No, depending on one guy to deliver will disappoint many.
People will move on to the next messah/prophet/saviour once he comes to power and unable to do anything(due to lack of support from a party/army/public/US)

atleast this kind of puts to rest the whole theory of MQM ALTAF BHAI being an independent and non influenced! infact it puts an end to ANY politican being non influenced be it PPP,PML,ANP,PPI,APML all of them!

While I admire Imran Khan but having heard some of his arguements on various debates, I must add that he is quite naive when it comes to geo-politics.

I have the same reservations about him. Hopefully he will be fortunate enough to find the right advisers and wise enough to empower them.

But he is far and away the best choice we have right now.

lol He is clean is because he wasnt in power nor he is! plus he is not in the spot light of Diplomatic talks i mean he is not even close there so how could you judge or claim he is the clean! like this Altaf husain is also clean in wiki leaks i mean they didnt even mention him as far as i have read haha does it make Altaf husain a saint? the answer is no! so i say Wikileaks is another weapon of west to control the mind and politics of their world countries, Pakistani qoom and media is funny enough to buy it! i mean dude these are one on one talk of these people! They are telling me that US is getting her information leaked and some one is definatly leaking it and USA hasn't got that person or sourse or sourses? If americans are involved in it! i bet they would be sentenced to death in USA their laws are not that great or charming when it comes to traitors! but the problem is there arent people who is leaking it but it's the government of USA and all they are saying we will control it and opps it should stay secret and it never ment to go public! its like, someone say hey Moha! i heard you just hit a jack pot of 1 billion dollars and i say hmmm opps did you hear that too! i mean it was suppose to be secret! where as im broke as fk haha NO TO WIKI LEAKS

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom