What's new

Imran hints ‘conditional coalition’ with MQM

KARACHI: Chairman Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) Imran Khan has said that mid-term elections have become imperative because the lame and crippled democracy has failed to resolve the people’s problems.

Talking to journalists at Karachi airport, Imran Khan said on one side the rulers are developing the culture of hypocrisy instead of democracy by gathering thieves and plunderers around them, while on the other hand some elements are playing the role of friendly opposition just to conceal their corruption. He said all the institutions of Pakistan are damaged through corruption and the country is at the verge of collapse.

The PTI chief said that holding of fair elections is impossible in presence of partial Election Commission as well as 30 million bogus votes. Responding a question, Imran Khan said that it would be premature to say anything about future alliance with the MQM. “So far PTI struggled unaccompanied and we will win the match alone,” he added.

He said that the people are deprived from basic amenities like electricity, gas and water while the rulers are so much busy in sumptuousness that they have no time for resolving the problems of the common man. He said the ruling class has become a security threat for Pakistan. “PTI has always been committed to principled politics. Our only purpose is to make Pakistan corruption free and prosperous,” he added

==============================

Like I said, the media misquoted his statement, On purpose perhaps. So rest assured PTI is not making an alliance with MQM.

this must clear the false/incomplete quoting by Dawn news....

and we would be happy to provide any further assistance to clear the misconception created by dawn news.

he is often asked this question, rather almost always asked time and again... and he politely refused, proving himself as a National Leader, what the big fuss?? I saw this interview, probably I missed this part, however what I heard was PTI akeeli hai, or akeeli hi match jheet ker dekhaay gi?
mqm might be have yet another love affair with pml n, so dont bother about other things, see where mqm is going once again...lol

sir g dont forget to come up with the corruption source please ...!!?
fuss is that the same man few months back was filling cases talking out loud against MQM, calling them murderers ,terrorists etc etc ,suddenly the same man wants to now aproach MQM just curious to know so what is it .. he isnt sure any more ? or he realised he was wrong ? or he is a hipocrat ?

Imran Khan badly needs a prop!
Zulfi came to limelight because of Ayub Khan.
Nawaz Sharif because of General Zia's patronage.

Imran needs one now. But not another general but support of a major political party.

However, I have to warn PTI supporters: So long as this Haramkhor drunk guy Altaf Hussein runs MQM that party will remain hostage to Altaf's mood swing. I supported MQM in the mid- 80s but quickly saw how ugly--in every way--Altaf was. I have not changed my views since then. Altaf is going to bite everyone--even his party members--depending on his mood.

dont worry about MQM they have enough mandate and thats all under Altaf leadership and for Imran khan he has a 24/7 mentor Gen Hamid Gul !!

if he has said it, its good, thats how a NATIONAL LEADER TALKS, however, if anyone can provide the video... I saw it myself and I missed this part probably...

as I remember what he said was "PTI akeeli khari hai or akailay hi match jheet ker dekhay gi..."

mqm supporters should not worry, there is no way mqm will be invited to a coalition...

a NATIONAL LEADER apnay muh mian mitto :rofl::rofl::rofl:

sir g dont forget to come up with the corruption source please ...!!?
fuss is that the same man few months back was filling cases talking out loud against MQM, calling them murderers ,terrorists etc etc ,suddenly the same man wants to now aproach MQM just curious to know so what is it .. he isnt sure any more ? or he realised he was wrong ? or he is a hipocrat ?
I dont play source source... in this case neither you are indian nor I am pakistani that you are asking me "source", you know it, as well as I, dont turn blind,
cases are not pulled by PTI so far, I dont know the current status... the last I heard was that they are not interested to pursue the case against a guy who bring them millions every year...

where did he say or hinted that he wants to approach mqm ? he was just talking like a National Leader... whats wrong to have regional and ethnic parties on his side if they learn to play fair ? morover, PTI from its stance has said that they are issue based party...which in political term means that it does hold sympathy to parties that shares the same objective/objectives... PTI did give statement appreciating mqm when they talked against drone attacks, but since mqm backed off from it, the whole appeasement died...since its issue base support...

I dont play source source... in this case neither you are indian nor I am pakistani that you are asking me "source", you know it, as well as I, dont turn blind,
cases are not pulled by PTI so far, I dont know the current status... the last I heard was that they are not interested to pursue the case against a guy who bring them millions every year...

where did he say or hinted that he wants to approach mqm ? he was just talking like a National Leader... whats wrong to have regional and ethnic parties on his side of they learn to play fair ? morover, PTI from its stance has said that they are issue based party...which in political term means that it does hold sympathy that shares the same objective/objectives... PTI did give statement appreciating mqm when they talked against drone attacks, but since mqm backed off from it, the whole appeasement died...since its issue base support...

No source no claims are valid , either indian , japanese or pakistani its understood worldwide !in principle your claim is wrong & you should edit your post 2ndly FYI the thread title is Imran hints ‘conditional coalition’ with MQM this is reported by the biggest publication in Pakistan , i dont know whose word are we going to take seriously if not DAWN. Lastly nothing wrong with making peace as i said i was a bit curious to know how come all the principles went into drain just like that , i mean on one hand one is accusing other of murderer and terrorist and than hinting coalition ..

They are all the same wolves..
Some masquerade as lions.. others as sheep.
But remain opportunistic ..

On an effectiveness level though..
A PTI-MQM coalition.. if it forms the government.. may actually be able to accomplish more than any other past government, specifically due to the large middle class representation. And core members actually showing initiative..

A question to the PTI party workers here..
If the leader has made a statement.. do you agree with it or disavow it?

From a principal standpoint, I disagree with it because a lot of people and not only PTI supporters feel that MQM needs to alienate itself from its violent tendencies to be really considered an effective political party but from a pragmatic standpoint I agree with IK here. I'd rather have PTI make a relative less detrimental alliance with MQM to rid the country from the menace which is PPP and PML-N than the other way around.

I however, doubt that this would work because MQM over the time has turned into a highly establishment friendly party contradicting its very existence and purpose. Whenever the man in the suit walks into the room to flip someone against the others, MQM would be the first one to take the deal and change course. The fact that AH talks about Wafadar Generals now show their mindset and future course of action. MQM is what you call a Langda Ghora in Urdu, they can quit the journey at anytime without giving a reason as it is in the very nature of the Langda Ghora to quit when it's of utmost importance to keep treading the path.

Ye siyasat bari gandi cheez he kal ke dushman aaj ke dost ban jate hen
strange but true and im not against their coalition im just telling a fact !

Punjab & KPK has a huge political vacuum all sort of mullahs/fundo are out there to capture , its better to have Imran than any of these jokers

Imran Khan happens to be one of the biggest hypocrite in the history of man kind. During Mush era IK supported all sort of Mullahs political movements and even supported Talibani Shira laws in SWAT. He has different stances on politics depending on how dumb awam are getting.
610x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
From a principal standpoint, I disagree with it because a lot of people and not only PTI supporters feel that MQM needs to alienate itself from its violent tendencies to be really considered an effective political party but from a pragmatic standpoint I agree with IK here. I'd rather have PTI make a relative less detrimental alliance with MQM to rid the country from the menace which is PPP and PML-N than the other way around.

I however, doubt that this would work because MQM over the time has turned into a highly establishment friendly party contradicting its very existence and purpose. Whenever the man in the suit walks into the room to flip someone against the others, MQM would be the first one to take the deal and change course. The fact that AH talks about Wafadar Generals now show their mindset and future course of action. MQM is what you call a Langda Ghora in Urdu, they can quit the journey at anytime without giving a reason as it is in the very nature of the Langda Ghora to quit when it's of utmost importance to keep treading the path.

Ironic isnt it.
Considering that the establishment created the party, then tried to kill it.. then go to it for support again.
Each of these "father figures" are the problem with these parties.
A system must exist to make it to the top without having to read a sign "the buck stops here".
There should be no, single figure..
as there is none for the GoP in the US..
it represents an idea, a basic principle.. which is then translated differently, in different times by party members.

Actually both PTI-MQM are non-fuedals and will be good for Pakistan.

I would be extremely surprised if this happens but if Imran Khan is joining hands with MQM - he can join hands with political party in the country

One positive thing is at least he is co-operating with other parties now unlike standing alone and fighting the battle for justice on his own

Back
Top Bottom